PDA

View Full Version : General I feel like I have a turbo

acaciolo
07-13-2014, 11:10 AM
holy crap. for the past 4 months I've slowly been correcting items on my delorean, and I finally now get to really feel how much fun this car can be!

shocks, springs, brakes...all nice changes. but 3 corrections/upgrades turned this into a "sports " car.

we fixed all the vacuum leaks, replaced the standard tune up items, put on DPI's amazing exhaust and finally pulled the distributor and corrected the timing (it was retarded by almost 15 degrees.

summary...the fixes, timing, and the dpi exhaust have actually made this car "zippy". and the sound is amazing.

thanks to rob grady, josh at dpi, and dave swingle for helping me work out the kinks. their super fast parts shipments and continuous advice really helped me get this car running at peak performance!

now on to the wings aloft project..

tony

Bitsyncmaster
07-13-2014, 11:24 AM
That spark timing would make any engine feel like a dog.

acaciolo
07-13-2014, 11:38 AM
yup. it was so far off we had to pull the distributor and move it a notch.

I forgot to mention how nice the car starts with your rpm relay!

pezzonovante88
07-14-2014, 03:38 PM
holy crap. for the past 4 months I've slowly been correcting items on my delorean, and I finally now get to really feel how much fun this car can be!

shocks, springs, brakes...all nice changes. but 3 corrections/upgrades turned this into a "sports " car.

we fixed all the vacuum leaks, replaced the standard tune up items, put on DPI's amazing exhaust and finally pulled the distributor and corrected the timing (it was retarded by almost 15 degrees.

summary...the fixes, timing, and the dpi exhaust have actually made this car "zippy". and the sound is amazing.

thanks to rob grady, josh at dpi, and dave swingle for helping me work out the kinks. their super fast parts shipments and continuous advice really helped me get this car running at peak performance!

tony

Nice. If the DeLorean is running properly, they can be relatively quick. The removal of the restrictive original muffler seems to help a lot, too.

Silverbullet
07-14-2014, 03:45 PM

tony

You pretty much have my car, and they may have been made on the same day... The stage 1 Exhaust has a great sound, and I also have the Wings aloft... you will really enjoy that too.

Craig

mluder
07-14-2014, 03:53 PM

tony

I can understand your excitement - At a recent tech session with the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club we discovered that a couple of my spark leads had worked themselves of the plugs so I was getting intermittent misfires. We also adjusted the throttle linkage and the rear bulkhead ground was cleaned and tightened up. Let's just say the drive home had me grinning like the day I first got my car. It was so zippy and responsive.