PDA

View Full Version : General Does this guy know something we don't?

yellowmxwheels23
07-14-2014, 12:50 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-Coupe-2-door-Delorean-/181464837291?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a4025acab&item=181464837291&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This ebay ad:dunno:

pretty much the ad says that with BTTF V scheduled to release next year and the Delorean going back into production, now is the time to buy

sdg3205
07-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Even if there was going to be a new BTTF the Delorean would likely have nothing to do with it. I doubt they'd even reference the first 3, the same way all the other terrible recent remakes haven't. The protagonist will have washboard abs, doc would be brad Pitt with greyish hair and the time machine... Well I have no idea... Justin beibers hair cut?

RoyHinkley
07-14-2014, 01:25 AM
Wouldn't there have to be a BTTF IV before a BTTF V ?

Unless someone used their Delorean to screw with the space time continuum again.
;)

vps3922
07-14-2014, 01:34 AM
Even if there was going to be a new BTTF the Delorean would likely have nothing to do with it. I doubt they'd even reference the first 3, the same way all the other terrible recent remakes haven't. The protagonist will have washboard abs, doc would be brad Pitt with greyish hair and the time machine... Well I have no idea... Justin beibers hair cut?

:hysterical:

vps3922
07-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Wow, a "few dimples in the stainless"? He really wants $12k! Wow :screwy:

NightFlyer
07-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Wouldn't there have to be a BTTF IV before a BTTF V ?

Unless someone used their Delorean to screw with the space time continuum again.
;)

Sorry - my bad :biggrin:

Michael
07-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Just someone using the rumor mill to build up their product. I would put no stock in those statements. Do you remember all the buzz about the Delorean biopic? Remember the little snippet from a Stephen Wynn interview when he said he thought George Clooney would make a good JZD? Our fact checking bloggers took it and spread that simple idea into gospel so for the next few months the web was full of headlines "George Clooney to Star in Upcoming Delorean Movie!"

These same people and even the mainstream media outlets did the same thing on the whole "new build" and claims that DMC is now resuming production on brand new cars.

There is no doubt that there will be another BTTF either as a part 4 or most likely a re boot, but don't count on it soon based on what someone says who is trying to unload a parts car.

David T
07-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Just someone using the rumor mill to build up their product. I would put no stock in those statements. Do you remember all the buzz about the Delorean biopic? Remember the little snippet from a Stephen Wynn interview when he said he thought George Clooney would make a good JZD? Our fact checking bloggers took it and spread that simple idea into gospel so for the next few months the web was full of headlines "George Clooney to Star in Upcoming Delorean Movie!"

These same people and even the mainstream media outlets did the same thing on the whole "new build" and claims that DMC is now resuming production on brand new cars.

There is no doubt that there will be another BTTF either as a part 4 or most likely a re boot, but don't count on it soon based on what someone says who is trying to unload a parts car.

All of that babble means nothing. Just a seller trying to generate interest in his sale. If there was anything to any of what he is saying we would have seen it here from other sources. A reminder to not believe anything in advertising.

RoyHinkley
07-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Sorry - my bad :biggrin:

Josh, why would you say "my bad" if you didn't say BTTF V in the first place it was the yellow wheels guy right?

And we had the discussion on why the expression should be "my fault" not "My bad". But it doesn't look a sit was any fault of yours anyway. Unless the yellow wheels guy just quoted your words about BTTF V.

Rich W
07-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Josh, why would you say "my bad" if you didn't say BTTF V in the first place it was the yellow wheels guy right?

And we had the discussion on why the expression should be "my fault" not "My bad". But it doesn't look a sit was any fault of yours anyway. Unless the yellow wheels guy just quoted your words about BTTF V.

I think Josh was referring to the second part of the message:

Josh may be implying it was him and his DeLorean screwing with the space time continuum again.

Hence, his bad.

Silverbullet
07-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Well... so far it DOES have 5 offers, all less than $12,000.....

Craig

Timebender
07-14-2014, 06:07 PM
I just saw BTTF V this past weekend thanks to my Vortex Manipulator (much more convenient than a car IMO) and it was horrible. We need to bring Christopher Lloyd, Bob Gale, Zemeckis and go back and get MJ Fox (the 1980's version) take them to the future so they can stop Quentin Tarantino from making the new film...

vps3922
07-15-2014, 10:46 AM
i just saw bttf v this past weekend thanks to my vortex manipulator (much more convenient than a car imo) and it was horrible. We need to bring christopher lloyd, bob gale, zemeckis and go back and get mj fox (the 1980's version) take them to the future so they can stop quentin tarantino from making the new film...

Great Scott, that's heavy!

RoyHinkley
07-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Maybe Backside to the Future was in fact BTTF IV.

NightFlyer
07-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Maybe Backside to the Future was in fact BTTF IV.

But wouldn't that then make Backside to the Future II BTTF V? :wink:

sapphirexae
07-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Related / Unrelated. I had a guy a couple days ago while I was out with my 15 year old niece ask me "do you ever get any Back To The Future references with this car?". It was all I could do to not roll my eyes and start cracking up. I managed a friendly "well, not in the last ten seconds anyway".

But back to the post, I am thrilled to say that I got on Fandango this morning and purchased my advanced tickets to the midnight showing of 'Back To The Future 5', who wants to go? LOL

Oh God, I just noticed that this is my 88th post. There's a BTTF reference unto itself!