PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th NES Guide (Made by me!)

TripleZeroFilms
07-15-2014, 03:29 PM
This TOTALLY not DeLorean or car related, but I just felt like sharing:

I just released something that is very near and dear to my heart. After 50+ hours of work I have created The Complete Friday the 13th NES Information and Strategy Guide. It's a complete 50 page manual and strategy guide for this 25 year old game. After notoriously being dubbed one of the "worst games for the system" (and being publicly shamed in a seminal episode of "The Angry Video Game Nerd") I recently decided to try and salvage this game's reputation - and thus this guide was born. With pages full of maps, weapon and enemy breakdowns, and complete control explanations you'd be hard pressed to find a deeper examination of this game. It is completely free and was done as a love letter to the game and as a gift to the gaming and Friday the 13th communities.

The download link can be found in the description of the official release video below:

http://youtu.be/cAefMMvxkoc

Enjoy!

Jeremy Popp
07-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Good to know I'm not the only retro-game fan on here.

Guide looks really well done! I don't have a copy of this game actually, but I'll pick it up eventually, and it's good to have a full color guide. gamefaqs has a lot of great guides, but they're full txt based. Now I just need something like that for Metal Gear on NES.

Mike F
07-16-2014, 11:13 PM
WOW that brings back memories! I used to love that game!

DMCVegas
07-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Good to know I'm not the only retro-game fan on here.

Guide looks really well done! I don't have a copy of this game actually, but I'll pick it up eventually, and it's good to have a full color guide. gamefaqs has a lot of great guides, but they're full txt based. Now I just need something like that for Metal Gear on NES.

YES! Two games that I'd play on NES and wonder just what in the hell I was supposed to be doing?