PDA

View Full Version : General DeLorean in August's Car and Driver

jawn101
07-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Was reading this article on the new BMW i8 and found myself surprised at how they started the article. So, which one of us was it?? :)

Sorry it's sideways, I can't figure out why the forum does that sometimes.

Jonathan
07-20-2014, 11:32 PM
A pity the "journalists" tasked with car stories and reporting are just as misinformed and ignorant as the donkey's you meet at car shows. And these hacks are getting paid to propagate this crap. You'd think they would have the time to research such "facts" before running their mouth on a history they don't know much about. Not far behind the trash coming out of Jalopnik unfortunately.

NightFlyer
07-21-2014, 12:05 AM
A pity the "journalists" tasked with car stories and reporting are just as misinformed and ignorant as the donkey's you meet at car shows. And these hacks are getting paid to propagate this crap. You'd think they would have the time to research such "facts" before running their mouth on a history they don't know much about. Not far behind the trash coming out of Jalopnik unfortunately.

I completely funded the purchase of my car with the 3 kilos that were packed in the doors of it (the POs all apparently forgot to look inside them) :biggrin:

After all, why do you think all torsion bars were originally over-tightened for the actual weight of the doors from the smuggling distribution center... err, I mean vehicle assembly plant..... :wink:

jawn101
07-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Yeah... I was choosing instead to focus on an owner being seen and written about in the article...

beernpizzalover
07-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Was reading this article on the new BMW i8 and found myself surprised at how they started the article. So, which one of us was it?? :)

Sorry it's sideways, I can't figure out why the forum does that sometimes.

Was hoping that perhaps this recent post may have helped shed some light on it...
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1193-Personalized-%28vanity%29-plates-let-s-see-em