PDA

View Full Version : General Carpets

Lightning
07-21-2014, 02:44 PM
So, does anyone have any input about carpets? I need to replace all of the carpets in my car, grey interior, and was looking at the set that John Hervey has. Of course I could always just buy carpets from Delorean.com too. Any input, suggestions, stories about my options?

Delorean Industries
07-21-2014, 03:15 PM
With the two options being the only available at this time from a fitment and quality standpoint the dmc offering wins out hands down. This offering is molded instead of sewn to match the body tub contours.

Lightning
07-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Good to know

john 05141
07-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Good to know

I have those from John Hervey for 4 years of so and I am very happy with the set. No sign of wear or decoloration. But I do nor drive that Munch and it is always parked indoors.
Jan

Jim
07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
So originally the cars came with 3 colors of carpets. Grey, dark grey and black? My interior is black but my carpet is a dark grey.

Jim

DMCMW Dave
07-25-2014, 03:17 PM
So originally the cars came with 3 colors of carpets. Grey, dark grey and black? My interior is black but my carpet is a dark grey.

Jim

Actually 3 carpet colors, 4 combinations:

Grey Leather/vinyl, Light Grey coarse carpet (black edging) (Typical 1981 cars)
Grey Leather/vinyl, Light Grey smooth carpet (grey edging) (Typical 82-23 cars)
Black Leather/vinyl, very dark grey (Charcoal) coarse carpet Typical 1981 cars
Black Leather/vinyl, Light grey smooth carpet (grey edging) (typically late 82-83 cars)

vps3922
08-14-2014, 04:05 PM
I have one question on the topic before I open another thread:

Is there a way to get just a piece of carpet without buying the whole set for a large premium? I am thinking of putting a sub into the cubby, like a lot of people on the forum did, but I want it completeley hidden and not having the sub stick out. I therefore want to cut my own cubby hole cover, attach the sub and put the carpet over it (or get a used lid, pry the carpet off and use it for my idea). I checked DMCH and they charge a whopping $80 for a piece of carpet.

Are there alternatives?

Thanks!