PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Fuel pump boot mystery?

DMC5180
07-26-2014, 02:10 PM
A friend of mine is in the process of converting to the NEW DMCH fuel pump module system. He was rather shocked to see the deterioration of the so called IMPROVED fuel pump boot that was installed in the spring of 2006. He went through his collections of receipts to see which vendor the boot came from. He knows the the fuel pump and support bracket came from (HERVEY) and the FP Boot COVER , Pickup filter and Pickup hose is from (DMCH) but has no record of the FUEL PUMP BOOT itself. (He thinks Hervey but is not sure).

The BOOT has some unique Molded tooling divots around the bottom edge. I would think these would be a unique identifier as to who had the boot remanufactured for them. I know Ken K. was doing Boot reproductions for a while and sold through some vendors.

I'm just trying to find out who's boot this it. (DMCH, HERVEY, KEN K. or GRADY).

Here are the photos. He said, the boot was sticky, soft and gooey like putty. Compare it to the OLD boot that was removed in 2006 with the current one. Notice how it appears to be swelled up. He has no history of the OLD boot, it could OE. He is the forth owner of this car he aquired in the late 90's. Funny how we remove things from this car and don't throw them away. :biggrin:

29218 29219 29220 29221 29222

DMCMW Dave
07-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Soak the old one in the current crap that passes for gasoline for six months and report back. I don't think the problem is entirely the boot.