PDA

View Full Version : Milestones!

Rich_NYS
07-27-2014, 01:55 PM
My original plan was to not be buying a car until right about now, but back in November I found a decent car in need of a rolling restoration. With the continuous help of Jonathan & NightFlyer and some tips from a few others I bought it and set a goal of having it ready for driving season.

Here's the milestones so far:

-I'm now over budget....surprise! So far I have about $700 in unplanned expenses. Minus the unplanned expenses, I'm right about on target for NightFlyer's estimate of what it was going to cost to get the car to it's current condition.

-I got a personalized plate; I initially wasn't going to register it (I live in the People's Republic of NYS,) but didn't want to chance getting impounded on the way to DCS.

-I drove the car to DCS; I wasn't planning to, but Josh busted balls until I committed and I'm glad I did.....it was a good time and I'm looking forward to 2016.

-I got my LFF fixed by Chris Nicholson at DCS....enough said, right?!

-My wife still doesn't "get" how cool the car is, but my kids love it.

-I got my first random set of child's handprints on my car last night while getting ice cream with my kids....lol!

So far, so good!

29244 29237 29238 29239 29241 29240 29242 29243

AugustneverEnds
07-27-2014, 05:46 PM
First set of random handprints only just now!??!?! What took you so long!!! :hihi2:

So happy to hear a fellow NYS owner is having such a good experience! Here's to many, many more miles Rich!

Roman Legion
07-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Good to see that panel was fixed, looks nice. Funny, using the shelf as a bed..lol

I have no random prints on my Insight yet, I guess people are too busy touching their head to scratch in confusion at what the hell my car is, lets hope nobody touches it, but again, your car looks great, keep us posted on the progress of it's restoration. :)

alexwolf1216
07-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Are those new seat covers? I really like the bunched up look of them....I was thinking of going two tone from DMC...

Rich_NYS
07-28-2014, 06:36 AM
Are those new seat covers? I really like the bunched up look of them....I was thinking of going two tone from DMC...

Yes, I just finished installing them last week.

dmc6960
07-28-2014, 03:35 PM

FYI the "two tone" covers dont have the bunched up look.

alexwolf1216
07-28-2014, 03:36 PM
FYI the "two tone" covers dont have the bunched up look.

:rant:

NightFlyer
07-31-2014, 03:26 AM
The Road Knight is looking GOOD :thumbup:

Jonathan
07-31-2014, 07:01 AM
You got the old girl cleaned up real nice, Rich. Looks great! Glad I got to be a part of it in some small way with you :)

More power ballad than 80s metal... but here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HJbUiqIxlM