PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body What to do with old stainless?

Denverdelorean
08-03-2014, 01:23 AM
I am replacing stainless panels on my car, but I don't know what to do with the old parts. The door and rear left both have good glass. The rear left could possibly be saved by a good metalworker. The door could be used for glass, patching or painting.

Any ideas? I don't want to just recycle them. But I am sure I could.

Michael
08-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Put them up for sale as is, you would be surprised at the market for less than perfect panels. I sold burnt doors to a guy who was going to make a trailer for his car, I sold panels to be used as practice panels for dent repair, or to guys who were doing time machine conversions and didn't want to drill perfect panels. Some people would just like to make some wall art out of them, and I'm sure there are reasons I haven't thought of too.

uhhair
08-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Also, some people prefer to collect damaged/dented panels if they intend to paint their D, as selling their good condition panels and replacing them with dented ones to bondo for a paint job, can nearly pay for the paint job itself. But yes, you'd be surprised the market for them.

Denverdelorean
08-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Also, some people prefer to collect damaged/dented panels if they intend to paint their D, as selling their good condition panels and replacing them with dented ones to bondo for a paint job, can nearly pay for the paint job itself. But yes, you'd be surprised the market for them.

Makes sense.

If any one is interested. I have a drivers door, and drivers rear quarter for sale. Damaged and only good for painting or repair practice. I am open to offers. I'll list a price if i post them in the for sale section.