PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future screening @the Naro in Ghent VA

thirdmanj
08-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello All-

Just FYI on August 12 there will be a screening of Back to the Future and the Naro Expanded Cinema in Norfolk/Ghent VA. I have offered my Delorean up to be showcased in front of the cinema prior to screening. The owner has already given me the thumbs up, and it just occurred to me, couldn't we make this even more fun if we had a couple or maybe three that could be there? I know most of us get annoyed at all the BTTF quips and jokes, but we can't deny the iconic status that they catapulted the Delorean to.... not to mention we'd thrill a bunch of people, and who knows, maybe even inspire them on the road to Delorean ownership! Besides that we'll, be able to see a Delorean on the silver screen! Hope to see you there! :rock_on:
-James
1981 DMC-12 ( 1258 )
StageII, Eibach, DVD/CD Pioneer

Roman Legion
08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Too far and too broke to go.. I would love to be on the beach too!

thirdmanj
08-03-2011, 08:54 AM
To hear that Roman. If I may ask, where in VA are you?

SamHill
08-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Just a few streets over from that location on Colley is where I saw my first delorean in person in the mid 80s. My grandparents were with me (both now deceased) and started having one of their classic for-no-reason screaming arguments at each other, heh. Maury thug prison -- I mean, high school -- is right around the corner, and I went there for a year.

That area of ghent is pretty nice, but I still wouldn't leave the cars unattended there. Have fun at the showing!

Canon20DFan
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
My father and a brother attended Maury High before it got bad. I know exactly where the Naro theater is as I grew up in Norfolk, and was just there a couple of weeks ago (sans my Delorean). I wish I could make it...

Mike Z
08-07-2011, 12:45 AM
I'll be there!

thirdmanj
08-13-2011, 12:52 AM
BTTF night at the Naro in Ghent was a great success! There was a huge turnout and the crowd was very energetic!! I on the otherhand was a nervous wreck the whole time my Delorean was being... "fondled".... I know I belted out "GET OFF THE HOOD" at least once.:angry_whip:

sean
08-13-2011, 08:46 AM
BTTF night at the Naro in Ghent....

very cool!! Nice pics.