PDA

View Full Version : 48 Hour Film Project - Chicago (2014)

Rich W
08-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Just another short film with a DeLorean in it? Maybe. But it sure made a lot of young, potential future film-makers (and their director) happy.

Email requests started coming in before the Woodward Dream Cruise this year, but with all the confusion with the floods in the Detroit Metro area
less than a week before the Woodward event, I did not reply to any of the 48 Hour Film Project requests until I got back from Woodward.

As it turns out, the director of one of this year's groups had seen me (and two other DeLorean Midwest Club members) in the July 4th Brookfield
Parade and "he just had to have" a DeLorean in his film this year, but he and his team did not contact me until two weeks before the filming.

So last week I contacted Dirk Fletcher of the XLV3 Team and we setup a time to film on Saturday evening, from 8pm to 10pm. Luckily, it rained
earlier in the afternoon (not at night), but it was still hot and humid, with no wind. The no wind actually helped contain the fog machine smoke.

I got to the filming location a bit early, since the streets were still a little wet and I wanted to wipe down the wet road tire spray before starting.
As expected, the film team wanted to get photos of the DeLorean, and with the DeLorean, especially with a very nice sunset at about 7:45 pm.

Filming went pretty well (as filming goes) and things did finally wrap up about 11 pm. I only had to say no to a few requests, like leaving all the
lights on (with engine off) for more than 10 minutes at a time, and I said no to the question about having door launchers. Maybe in the future?

The debut of the short film for XLV3 Team was scheduled for last night, but I have not heard anything about last night's screening, so for now,
I will only post a few photos of one the sets (behind-the-scenes) that do not disclose the theme of the movie or even the details of the scenes.

Once I hear the film was successfully screened, I will post more details and more scene photos (from when I was not driving, in the scenes).

Short film was named: "The Pitch" by XLV3 Let your imagination run wild...

Rich W
08-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Short film was named: "The Pitch" by XLV3 Let your imagination run wild...

Required Elements: A school teacher (see name tag), a paintbrush, and with actor(s) saying this line: "Look out, here comes Mr. Know-it-all".

The script kind of reminded me of the Seinfeld episope where Jerry and George try to write a TV Pilot pitch for a show about "nothing really".

The premiere was last night, so of course it is up on YouTube already.

The Link: http://youtu.be/SPr3MtasjRQ

More "behind-the-scenes" photos below:

PB Co
08-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Fun video, I also like their use of the hot wheels.

Rich, I am a huge fan of your many DeLoreans but I did not know that you keep a stock one as well. It looks great.

Rich W
08-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes, I still "dabble" with stock and mild custom DeLoreans, along with my Radical Custom DeLoreans.

Back in the 80's and 90's, all of the DeLoreans I owned and refurbished were at least 88% stock,
with a few, occasional upgraded parts that I purchased from either Rob Grady or Don Steger.

I recently sold one of my refurbished "stock" (except for Eibach springs and shocks, and R134 A/C)
DeLoreans and a few weeks after it was puchased, it drove to and from DCS 2014, over 900 miles.

In fact, since I have multiple "outlets" for my creativity, I actually enjoy working on and driving
stock and mild custom DeLoreans more now than I had in the previous decade.

NightFlyer
08-27-2014, 08:25 PM
You always get the hotties around your cars :biggrin:

alexwolf1216
08-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Back in the 80's and 90's, all of the DeLoreans I owned and refurbished were at least 88% stock,

Ah ha! I see what you did there.....:cheers:

ALEXAKOS
08-28-2014, 10:37 AM
"The Pitch" you say? With a "P"? :)

Btw XLV3 would not be French would he? I knew Louis V. who was a French short film producer in Chicago a while back. He had the XLV as a name back then.

Rich W
08-29-2014, 01:50 PM
More behind-the-scenes photos of the DeLorean, including a few with me driving it. (taken with a Digital SLR camera by the XLV3 Team)

Rich W
08-29-2014, 01:55 PM
You always get the hotties around your cars :biggrin:

More behind-the-scenes photos of the two girls in the DeLorean. (taken with a Digital SLR camera by the XLV3 Team)

ALEXAKOS
09-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Awesome footage to have of your d! With and without girls