PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys...

Shep
09-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Sorry for all the recent drama in the past 24 hours. I definitely should've approached the LED clock post better, not making it so confrontational, and as for the Wings-A-Loft thread, I really just lost control and didn't know what to do. I still don't know what started the whole "me against DMC NW" thing, but I'm asking some of the wiser members on this forum for insight into the situation, in the hopes of preventing a future occurrence. I've scoured that first post and of the things I thought could be potential "triggers" for the sudden influx of anger/hatred towards me, asking around it seems that's not it. I'm stumped, but obviously I said something wrong there to upset quite a few of you.

I will admit that many of my recent posts since my return are way out of line. Old habits die hard, which is exactly what this is. Those of you that are new-ish here, I haven't been here in a year, and the DMCTalk you see now is vastly, vastly different (better) than the DMCTalk of yesteryear. Still getting used to the transition between constant moderation and self-moderation, as well as the line-up change. Generally speaking, if posts started getting out of hand, the admins/mods would step in right away to fix it when I left. Since things have changed while I was away, that is no longer the case, and I simply wasn't used to this. If I have a problem with any user in the future that I want to publicize, you'll see it on my Egull Blog (http://vin559.com/?blog) and nowhere else. I've already ticked off certain individuals (who I won't name) with my blog, so it's good to know it's at least read by somebody. That's what they're for, to vent frustrations and whatnot and have passerbys skip right on over it. This forum is no place for that same kind of BS.

As far as individual users: TTait, I repeat my apologies in the second Door Popper thread, and apologize for dragging you into this mess. No need to cut off communication with me, I legitimately misunderstood your post and its intent and for that I apologize. It's something I inherently struggle with, but I'm not going to "play any cards" here in an attempt to get out of it. I said what I said and I am who I am, but much of the fuel to the fire seems to have been ill-placed and misguided.

jawn101: while your post did fuel the flames a bit, I will admit to taking it much further than I should have, and for that I do apologize. My response was both dickish and prude, and the use of that last emoticon didn't help one bit. I suppose I could blame medication or whatnot, but we all know that's a load of bull -- this was just me jumping over the line, and for that I do apologize.

DMCMW Dave, DMCNW Toby, any other DMC vendors who were reading the discussion: I apologize for the swift haste with which I responded. It was unwarranted, and frankly the "new" thread I made much better served its purpose and was far better worded. I do regret the first thread getting as far as it did, but the second thread 100% was my intent on how I wanted it to go, minus the current post #2 (the bump one). I was simply looking to see what other options were out there as I was curious. It sounds like there are no others. That's what I wanted to know, so either I go with a custom setup or get Wings-A-Loft. Will be getting in touch with one of you shortly to discuss the Wings-A-Loft details. Maybe I can custom-order one to my tastes or something, I'm honestly not sure.

And last, but not least, Tamir, for making him get the heavy layer of dust off his whip to get me back into shape. While the PM you sent me was a definite "wake up call", I'm hoping you and I can analyze the situation to figure out the exact specifics of what caused the drama bombshell in the Door Popper thread. I'm still missing something, and I do not know what. I'm convinced I'll have another revelation like this one (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?p=156246#post156246) from Dermot once I find it, but I still can't figure out what led to the madness. I've scoured that post and can't seem to find the boiling point. If anything I said sounded like I was "dissing" Wings-A-Loft, I meant no such thing, and am vastly, vastly confused on the situation. If anyone wants to politely provide some insight as to why it devolved as rapidly as it did, I'm all ears, and open for major suggestions. Also, thanks to Dermot for providing some insight into the situation after a PM exchange, as well as pointing out that my avatar tag wasn't in the best taste. My fiancee laughed when I wrote it, but with the recent situations, I'm sure its meaning took on an entirely unfunny and very serious light, so I have removed it.

My words are out there, for all to see, so before anyone asks "what is this about", I'd like to put the past behind us and move forward from this point. Turning over a second new leaf this time, fingers crossed that it'll go better this time around, and I'll try my damndest to think things through form this point forward. I actually forgot that's the approach I used to have to take in this forum shortly before I left, and not using it cost this forum some reputation points. Bad Shep, Bad Shep! :spank: :whip:

So, with that off my chest, hopefully we can wipe the slate clean and move forward. Sincerest apologies to anyone reading those threads and having to put up with all that as well. I think I'll take a few other approaches and only post in threads that either have products or info that I'm looking for. That's it. Stepping into others seems to be dangerous territory.

PRE-EDIT: Okay, so Tamir helped me clear up what the problem areas were in the Door Popper thread. Many thanks to him for pointing out my error and suggesting an alternative, which I will use in the future if I face a situation where it's relevant. A simple "appreciate the feedback, how about..." is better than "Please read" it seems, which will be useful in day-to-day conversation as well. As a side note: the "radioshack" comment wasn't a "slam", it was more of a tongue-in-cheek joke. Probably could've used a :) or two to clarify that point -- it seems the PO's that use quick-connect supplies are ragged on for not knowing how to properly wire stuff, which is what led to that (and for the record, I use them, so I'm 100% guilty of that, full disclosure). Didn't mean to stir up such trouble guys.

Onwards and upwards! :D (I hope!)

Jonathan
09-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry for all the recent drama in the past 24 hours.

I stepped away for most of the day and did not see much of the threads or posts after about 10 am this morning. I don't really want to go back and read them and try to figure out the sequence of events or timing across threads or whatever, but did want to make a different couple comments.

I'm hoping you and I can analyze the situation to figure out the exact specifics of what caused the drama bombshell in the Door Popper thread. I'm still missing something, and I do not know what. I'm convinced I'll have another revelation like this one (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?p=156246#post156246) from Dermot once I find it, but I still can't figure out what led to the madness. I've scoured that post and can't seem to find the boiling point.

Hard to say if it was exactly one thing or another. This sort of thing can be very hard for someone to see when they are still in the middle of it at the time. That can be true with a lot of things in life and you don't get a good perspective on it until you step back from it.

It reminded me of a good quote I saw the other day that went something like this:

"We don't know exactly who it was that discovered water, but we do know it wasn't the fish."

I will admit to taking it much further than I should have, and for that I do apologize. My response was both dickish and prude, and the use of that last emoticon didn't help one bit. I suppose I could blame medication or whatnot, but we all know that's a load of bull -- this was just me jumping over the line, and for that I do apologize.

You don't need to apologize to me or anyone else here if there's a connection to medication or some other issue none of us are aware of (nor should we be). Every single person you will ever meet has some battles going on behind the scenes. None of us know what those things are, so all anyone can ask of another is to give someone the benefit of the doubt that they exist without knowing the specifics.

A friend of mine and her husband and kids have a sign above their kitchen table and it reads:

How To All Get Along:
1.) If you are wrong, admit it.
2.) If you are right, shut up.

:)

My words are out there, for all to see, so before anyone asks "what is this about", I'd like to put the past behind us and move forward from this point.

So, with that off my chest, hopefully we can wipe the slate clean and move forward.

I saw a different piece of advice not long ago for anyone you know that might have made some mistakes and backed themselves into a corner.

It said to do two things:
1.) Turn the other way and give them the chance to get out of the corner.
2.) Don't harp on them after the fact for having been in the corner.

Onwards and upwards! :D (I hope!)

Yes! (...and I'm out of quotes for tonight :) )

Shep
09-09-2014, 11:02 PM
This is the twist I've been fearing all along (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10587-Vin-537-found!&p=156379&viewfull=1#post156379) *sigh* so it seems maybe my return to this forum was in haste too. It's fun to catch up with old friends, but the whole point of me returning was to share my good news, and now that it's not so good, well... :frown:

The worst part? How am I going to look to everyone when I come in here, announce "OH HEY I FOUND HISTORY", ruffle a shitload of feathers, and suddenly leave basically saying "sorry, I lied". Man, talk about a letdown of epic, epic proportions... And yes, I just summarized my entire existence on this forums in that short sentence. FML

DMCVegas
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
http://socialstudiesdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Just-Walk-It-Out-e1314318992348.jpeg

It'll be fine. Best advice I can give you in regards to passionate responses is to write down your reply and save it as a draft, maybe in a notepad or something. Then walk away for 10 minutes and come back. Read it and see if it's still something you want to send out. If it is, paste it and then send it out. If not, re-evaluate it and figure out how to say things differently, or if you even really want to at all.

opethmike
09-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Why does Spiderman look like he's about to poop on the floor?

Dangermouse
09-11-2014, 08:55 PM
I thought he was doing the Chicken Dance.

Alan
09-11-2014, 10:49 PM
I thought he was doing the Chicken Dance.

+1

flux3d
09-20-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm not going to make any comment on the above apology, except to post the below response I received from Shep with regards his comments on my replacement clock thread. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7164-New-LED-Clock/page9

I sent out an email and message trying to smooth things over with Shep (which I include) and got the following saddening response. I let you make your own conclusions, but surfice to say maybe I shouldn't have tried.

First of all, this isn't a message having a go, or wanting to start a slanging match. Just a genuine attempt to reach out to someone and try to smooth things over.

As you can imagine I don't agree with your words about my clock product. In fact they came as a great surprise to me. In fact I didn't realise you were the same guy I'd chatted to and corresponded with when I first go my car. We posted about each others cars on our respective blogs if you remember. When you requested a more custom clock for your car I was also genuinely pleased you wanted one of my products in your car, it being such a special example of a DeLorean. To this end I offered the clock at the regular price, to which you replied that you wanted to pay the full price as "I deserved it".

Now I know you would argue that it should not use pre-existing parts. I disagree completely, but you have your right to your own opinion. However, whatever you might think about that part of the product you where originally very pleased with it, and considering it's housing allows a clear view of the electronics it should have been very obvious it wasn't a home made PCB right from the start. I have never claimed I built the electronics, I have no reason to. Most importantly I was genuinely just trying to make a good quality product for the community. Nothing more.

Regardless of all the above I would have hoped that you would have felt able to contact me directly. You have my email and could have sent a message through here as well. It would have given me the chance to at least plead my case to you before you publicly smeared my work. That would have been the decent thing to do, and something which I thought you would have done. You seemed like a really decent guy when I spoke to you before.

I see you have retracted some of the things you have said on other subjects. I expect this will be a no, but maybe if you have relised your words were a little too harsh you could possibly redress the balance on my thread. Just a thought.

I hope all goes well, and if you do develop a clock of your own I wish you all the best.

MarkSo let me get this straight, you want me to retract my statements on the pure basis that it's "very obvious it wasn't a home made PCB right from the start". Are you shitting me?! That's not even a valid reason -- first off, I just bought an A/C panel backlight from bitsyncmaster that arrived yesterday, and his unit looked far more professional than what you sold me. I'm supposed to magically know it was a cheap Chinese knockoff when there's absolutely zero information pointing me to this, and with you consistently avoid touching the truth on the matter? No, this is inexcusable. I've said my part, and I stand by it 100% -- yeah I went too far in the wings-a-loft thread, but not in yours. Frankly, this PM makes me think I didn't go far enough in yours.

The fact of the matter is that at zero point did you ever mention that you were simply building a plexiglass bracket. That's all you did, and you kept advertising it as your own invention etc. etc. which is pure bullshit. If you want me to stand behind your work, you've got to show you're worth the effort put into it. And quite frankly, the fact that you're still trying to tell me that you did the right thing and that I'm in the wrong for exposing you speaks volumes to your shady character.

If you want me to apologize, here's the God's honest truth: I'm not ever going to. Ever. Were my words harsh? Maybe. Were they warranted? Hell yes. As far as I'm concerned, I no longer wish to communicate with the conniving sonofabitch that managed to con me for $100 in plastic that I could've easily built from $2 in aluminum.

Do us all a favor: take your shady shit and shove it. I for one do not care for this unsolicited appeal, and will not be responding to any further messages from you on any front.

Strongly,
Shep

Shep
09-20-2014, 04:17 PM
:rolleyes1:

If anyone wants to communicate with me further on the matter, I am always available via PM. 'Nuff said.

DMCVegas
09-22-2014, 08:45 AM
What this thread, and many as of late, have become:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v5qmV7vhOSc/Uuw2qz2UHMI/AAAAAAAAEoA/6yNzCDAC4uw/s1600/boddicker+guns+guns+guns.JPG

Tillsy
09-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Dangermouse
09-22-2014, 09:51 AM
What this thread, and many as of late, have become:

A still from a movie that I don't recognize?

too true.

Jimmyvonviggle
09-22-2014, 10:35 AM
What is that robocob?

Jonathan
09-22-2014, 10:45 AM
What is that robocob?

Nah, pretty sure that was a scene from Ben-Hur. Or Gladiator maybe? If not, probably WaterWorld.

Dangermouse
09-22-2014, 12:06 PM
What is that robocob?

a robotic corncob??

Nah, pretty sure that was a scene from Ben-Hur. Or Gladiator maybe? If not, probably WaterWorld.

No, no and no.

In future, for every witty meme/photo, I require three references, it's IMDB link, and critic metadata before I can determine it's relevance and appropriate humor :frantic:

DMCVegas
09-22-2014, 12:30 PM
a robotic corncob??

No, no and no.

In future, for every witty meme/photo, I require three references, it's IMDB link, and critic metadata before I can determine it's relevance and appropriate humor :frantic:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f7/f7db5af36e9ff93aa57c549f88f8676b115743492131d37c29 cc9a326e8383ec.jpg

flux3d
09-22-2014, 12:32 PM
.......... Just minus the large pile of cash, alas. Lol :)

Dangermouse
09-22-2014, 01:24 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f7/f7db5af36e9ff93aa57c549f88f8676b115743492131d37c29 cc9a326e8383ec.jpg

that's easy, that's Shasta Smith off HGTV

http://cdn.history.com/sites/6/2014/07/shasta-smith-image-B.jpeg

Jonathan
09-22-2014, 05:22 PM
No, no and no.

Ok, ok, I got this. It was from Space Balls, right? Wait... no... must have been from Coming To America. Yea, that's it. Errr, hang on... ok, for sure it's from The Wizard of Oz? Yea, that's definitely it. No question. If I'm wrong, I owe you three 1981 pennies and an inline plastic fuse holder sans melty parts.