PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Grease/anti-seize on bolts?

DMC-81
09-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Hi there, I'm getting ready to put the front suspension back together, and I have 2 questions for you all.

1) Should there be grease or anti seize on the long bolts ( not the threads) that connect the control arms to the frame ( part # 100477 and 100479)? I didn't see any when I removed them, and a can't imagine that they should be dry.

2) I noticed a waxy coating on the spring isolator(100286). It was deteriorated but the rubber was like brand new. If I want to put the coating back on, what is it. Paraffin wax?

Thanks!

Mark D
09-13-2014, 10:41 PM
I used grease on the suspension pivot bolts (but not on the threads as you said.) All the torque values in the manual are for clean, dry threads unless otherwise specified.

When I rebuilt my front end I installed poly bushings on everything so I had lots of synthetic grease on hand. I used energy suspension formula 5 prelube for all my poly bushings, but it also works on parts where there is metal to metal contact to lubricate and prevent corrosion. It's really thick and sticky stuff and a thin film goes a long way. If you're interested here's a link.

http://www.energysuspension.com/universal-products/formula-5-prelube-jack-strap-control-arm-bushing-half-sets.html