PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Inside DIY The Warm Up Regulator or Control Pressure Regulator WUR

zimvsdib
10-04-2014, 02:54 AM
Hey Guys,
I wanted to rebuild my WUR and clean it out. If you have ever looked the is usually a visible amount of crud on the screen when you pull off the fuel lines.
I noticed there are not many threads here with a breakdown of this component. So i thought i would start this thread to collect WUR info in hopes of creating a "how to" guide.

I believe Deloreans were built with 2 versions of the WUR. The version on my car has a number that ends with 066.
This is the more advanced version with some adjustment options inside. The other vision is simpler without the extra adjustment screw.

After you remove the 4 screws the unit separates from the base.
A metal cap with a pin sits in the bimetal fork. Those parts are not attached to anything and are held in place with a bit of grease.
Inside you have a bolt that holds the heat element and the adjustment screw if you have the 066.

You can slide the c clasp off from the out side of the unit to free the electrical plug.

After that you can remove the 4 screws that hold the circular plate down to reveal an o-ring and a thin silver membrane.
Here are some images of the WUR apart.*

At this point the next circular plate under the membrane seems like its won't budge. I'm not sure how to remove this or if it can be removed. It seems like it would have to be removed in order to clean out the fuel screens.
Any help with this would be appreciated.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1372083-warm-up-regulator-wur-calibration.html

I found this link from a mercedes site that i have been reading. It has some really good info on testing and calibration of the WUR. Yes it is a different unit but very similar. I feel like a lot of this can be applied to our WURs. I need to find the specs for our specific WUR so i can preform the correct testing. Instructions on testing the heating element are totally applicable to our regulators though.

On the 066 there is a small adjustment screw on top of the heating element. I need some info on how this effects the WUR performance.

There is also the bottom section of the WUR to get into.

If anyone has any additional information on WUR or can pick up where i left off it would be great.