PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 5-speed project car wanted

DCUK Martin
10-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone. I'm on the prowl for my next project!

For those who don't know me, I'm a serial DeLorean restorer in the UK - you can see two of my previous cars on youtube by searching "DeLorean #3352" and "DeLorean #4772"

What I'm looking for...

- 5 speed
- unpainted
- chassis in restorable condition (unlike #3352's in the above video!). A bit of rust and a few holes is fine.
- The car must be basically complete both mechanically and cosmetically. I don't care if the engine hasn't run in years or that it has water in it, I don't care if the seats are shredded and the dashboard looks like a lunar landscape, but they should be present. Please be honest about anything missing.
- the tyres must hold air and the car must roll so it can be loaded & unloaded during shipping. If this means knocking some brake pads out of seized callipers, that's fine too
- the car's title MUST be present as it is required for export

Pretty much anything is considered as long as it meets (or could be made to meet) the above. Please be honest about condition.

Please don't be concerned about selling to an overseas buyer - I won't ask you to hand over the keys until you have the funds and will then simply put my shippers in touch to arrange collection.

My budget is flexible - so what have you got?

DCUK Martin
01-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Still looking...

easy now
03-28-2015, 02:57 PM
I have one with Wilwood brakes and a V-8, let me know if you're interested. 1983

DCUK Martin
03-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks anyway, as of a week ago I am the proud owner of #16473, the 8th delorean I've had the pleasure of calling my own.

It is to receive every upgrade I have developed and many more besides. The engine is to be a twin turbo, twin chargecooled PRV capable of 350hp or thereabouts. I have had the donor for a couple of years already.

It will probably take me many years to finish this project but this is to be the delorean I always wanted to build.