PDA

View Full Version : Fuel DPI stainless injector line routing

Mike F
10-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm in the process of installing the DPI stainless fuel line kit and I'm having a hard time routing the injector lines for the 4-5-6 cylinders. I can't seem to find the "right" way to route them all the same way around the CSV pipe and ISM pipe that doesn't either:

- Cause a lot of stress on the #5 injector/fitting

And/or

- Cause the #6 cylinder line to be too short

And/or

- Cause a lot of stress on the #4 injector/fitting

I have been able to make it work if I route rah one around/behind the pipes in different ways, but I feel like they were probably designed to all follow the same path to the FD and I just can't seem to find the right one. If anyone has installed these and successfully routed them all together; how did you do it? Would you mind posting a pic? Thanks!! :)

Delorean Industries
10-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Mike, there should be. Few install pics on our site and also a number on Facebook. I can email a number of routing shots as well.

Mike F
10-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Hey Josh! Thanks for the quick reply! I think I may have just gotten it licked; I went at it a couple more times and found a path that seems to be "agreeable" to all of the lines, and they all reach their respective spots on the FD. The pics would still be great, though to verify that I did it as designed. I'm probably being too picky about it. :tongue2: Since you're here, one other question- is there any way to adjust the angle on the fittings? They are all landing on the FD at 90 degrees and obviously they need to be flat. I imagine that twisting the lines (which is quite hard as they are constructed quite rigidly) isn't the right way to do it, and I seem to remember you mentioning something about them being adjustable when I picked them up from you at DCS. I spoke to another forum member who had installed them as well, and he said that there was a way to adjust them using a small screwdriver, but I can't seem to figure that out. I may just be over thinking it and missing something obvious. Thanks!!