PDA

View Full Version : Delorean artwork

brew
01-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, I've been a lurker since like 2004 and don't really post much but I thought I might contribute a little more today. I always liked the poster above John Delorean's head in this picture and thought I'd give it a shot at recreating it. I was able to find a color copy of that photo HERE (http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#p=1&q=john+delorean) (they have a lot of other cool pictures too!) So from that picture, and an incredibly slow work day, I was able to recreate it in Illustrator using the correct colors, or close to it.
And there is the final result! I know it's not 100% perfect so If anybody wants the illustrator file to improve it just ask and I'll be glad to send it to you. I've also attached it as a PDF.

alexwolf1216
01-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, I've been a lurker since like 2004 and don't really post much but I thought I might contribute a little more today. I always liked the poster above John Delorean's head in this picture and thought I'd give it a shot at recreating it. I was able to find a color copy of that photo HERE (http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#p=1&q=john+delorean) (they have a lot of other cool pictures too!) So from that picture, and an incredibly slow work day, I was able to recreate it in Illustrator using the correct colors, or close to it.
And there is the final result! I know it's not 100% perfect so If anybody wants the illustrator file to improve it just ask and I'll be glad to send it to you. I've also attached it as a PDF.

I love it, but damn my OCD is kicking in with those letters....

Dangermouse
01-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Agreed.

krs09
01-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Agreed.

+1. Thank god i'm not the only one

alexwolf1216
01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Will the illustrator file allow for centering of the letters? If so, send it over my way [email protected]

alexwolf1216
01-09-2015, 07:03 PM
My OCD feels better now.

brew
01-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Will the illustrator file allow for centering of the letters? If so, send it over my way [email protected]

Oh yeah, it will allow for centering. The car and the dmc logo are in separate groups in the file. But yes! I agree with everyone haha. It was driving me crazy when I was creating it because I wanted it centered too but didn't just because that's how the original was.

jamesrguk
01-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Looks good, I actually like how it looks in black & white, never really thought of it as a colour poster.

How big could my printer friend blow that up to? I can't tell the resolution on my iPad.

I also quite like it with John in front of it, but I guess that is too low res to get excited about.

I'm looking for a good b&w poster to put in my conservatory at about A1 size, and that would fit the bill.

James

brew
01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Looks good, I actually like how it looks in black & white, never really thought of it as a colour poster.

How big could my printer friend blow that up to? I can't tell the resolution on my iPad.

I also quite like it with John in front of it, but I guess that is too low res to get excited about.

I'm looking for a good b&w poster to put in my conservatory at about A1 size, and that would fit the bill.

James

It's in vector form so you should be able to blow it up to the size of a building if you wanted. I went ahead and converted it to black and white in A1 size for you in the attachment.

jamesrguk
01-12-2015, 03:19 PM
It's in vector form so you should be able to blow it up to the size of a building if you wanted. I went ahead and converted it to black and white in A1 size for you in the attachment.

Cool thanks for that.

James

SIMid
01-19-2015, 12:02 AM
Looking at the old pics and the new vectored version, there could be some minor improvement's still to be altered?

Such as; The indicators are actually glowing. The headlights, actually fade out like a gradient from the centre to the outer edge.

Take a closer look at the old pics.

jamesrguk
12-06-2015, 05:02 PM
My OCD feels better now.

How can I get hold of the colour version with the DMC logo in the right place as above, in a format, perhaps a PDF, which I can blow up to A1 size?

I had the b&w version printed on A1 and hung it on the wall in my conservatory and am really pleased with it, but I like the idea of the colour version, and you're right the off centre DMC logo really bugs me!

Here's my framed print.

brew
12-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Looks awesome! I've taken everyone's feedback and updated the artwork. It's in color with the centered DMC and it's in A1 size. 38432