PDA

View Full Version : Toby Tabs on eBay

Chris 16409
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
For those who have not seen this listing. Someone is selling a pair of Toby Tabs on eBay. Bidding is already over $100. It seems people bought these several years ago, never put them on, then sold their cars. These seem to come up for sale every once and while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delorean-Toby-Tabs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem336a4a28f6QQitemZ22082 6577142

-By the way, pay attention to the seller's name-

Mark D
08-14-2011, 10:59 PM
I couldn't resist and ended up winning for 142.50. I thought that was a fair price considering they were like 100 bucks back in the day anyway and they're starting to get rare.

Thanks for the heads up on the auction!

mluder
08-15-2011, 04:46 AM
I couldn't resist and ended up winning for 142.50. I thought that was a fair price considering they were like 100 bucks back in the day anyway and they're starting to get rare.

Thanks for the heads up on the auction!

Yeah, Thanks... I was the guy you outbid. :wave2: One of my tabs is severely bent - looks like I'll have to investigate one of the alternatives.
Anyway, Congrats. I'll have to keep my eyes open for annother set.

Steve

Mark D
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry man, if I woulda known anyone else on the board was interested I probably wouldn't have bid. Nobody called dibs so I figured it was game on.

I had one slightly bent TAB when I checked a couple years ago so I replaced them with Hervey's 10.9 plated set. Those have been doing well since, and were pretty cheap. They would probably last just fine, but they were only temporary in my case until I could find a set of Toby's.

If you need an immediate solution I recommend the ones from Hervey, otherwise I think houston has 10.9 rated ones now

stevedmc
08-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Martin in the UK has some good bolts too for $50 USD shipped to the USA.

mluder
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Cool... I'll look into both.

Steve

dhaney
08-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I thought that was a fair price considering they were like 100 bucks back in the day

Pretty good mark up, I paid $70 plus shipping when I got mine, finally put them on the car last year.

Dan

Mark D
08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Hmm so I guess I didn't get the deal of the century then if they were originally going for 70 bucks.

At least I got free shipping? :smile:

Morpheus
08-15-2011, 11:34 PM
I could kick myself for selling my Toby tabs... Mere months before I bought my second D. :banghead:

dvonk
08-15-2011, 11:42 PM
werent there rumors of Toby making more TABs someday? it may have been on the old forum...

Mark D
08-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Last I heard he was no longer working for the aerospace company where he developed the spec for the TABS. Other manufacturers make Inconel bolts, but for the same material spec and having them custom made in the right size & threads I think the cost was way above what people would have wanted to pay.

That was the last I heard anyway... there could have been some new development I was unaware of.

mluder
08-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Last I heard he was no longer working for the aerospace company where he developed the spec for the TABS. Other manufacturers make Inconel bolts, but for the same material spec and having them custom made in the right size & threads I think the cost was way above what people would have wanted to pay.

That was the last I heard anyway... there could have been some new development I was unaware of.

I believe there are no plans for another run of them at this point but he's here on the forum so you can ask him. You can also get ahold of him at DMCNW and Delorean Parts NW.

Steve

BTTF-1
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Bump!

Any chnce of ordering the new and improved "Toby Tabs" this year?

Congrats "Mjdehlin on your purchase."

Just a thought!:worship:
Ed:wave2: