PDA

View Full Version : Fuel DMCH fuel pump combo fuel sending arm

Horsebox
01-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Hi Guys,

Quick question before I install the new DMCH fuel combo. When attached to the unit, the fuel sending arm doesn't fall on its own due to gravity. In other words, there is enough mechanical resistance so that wherever the arm is put, it just stays there. Does this turn out not to be a problem when in the tank submerged in fuel or does it look like there's something wrong with it? Wanna find out now before installing it and finding out the fuel gauge is stuck at "full"...

Thanks very much,

Mark

DMCMW Dave
01-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Hi Guys,

Quick question before I install the new DMCH fuel combo. When attached to the unit, the fuel sending arm doesn't fall on its own due to gravity. In other words, there is enough mechanical resistance so that wherever the arm is put, it just stays there. Does this turn out not to be a problem when in the tank submerged in fuel or does it look like there's something wrong with it? Wanna find out now before installing it and finding out the fuel gauge is stuck at "full"...

Thanks very much,

Mark

It should move on its own. Is the arm snapped all the way into the rheostat? As long as it moves relatively easily it will work, there is a lot of motion going on in the tank. Work it a few times to make sure it isn't just "newness". If it takes a lot of force to move call the seller. (I can't tell if it was us as I don't have anyone named Mark Horsebox in my database).

Horsebox
01-24-2015, 06:12 AM
Thanks Dave. You must have worked some magic there because I let it sit overnight with the arm attached and this morning it's fine!

Bought from Ed hence you have no records.

Cheers,

Mark