PDA

View Full Version : Delorean at Hustle Car sales.

Chris Burns
01-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Not worth the 16k they are asking for in my opinion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=euHtuhVcskI

Dangermouse
01-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Their website says $18,900.

Good job buffing out that bodywork, btw

01811 VIN

(170 mph speedo, too)

DMCMW Dave
01-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Their website says $18,900.

Good job buffing out that bodywork, btw

01811 VIN

(170 mph speedo, too)

And then he throws all the manuals on the hood. Sheesh.

Jonathan
01-28-2015, 07:32 PM
And then he throws all the manuals on the hood. Sheesh.

Buddy there strikes me as one of those guys that is rough with his things. Just the way he's rapping his knuckles on stuff, the magazines on the hood, or maybe because of the white socks he's sporting with those loafers? Definitely someone who would just keep forcing something that doesn't fit instead of figuring out why. Plastic or otherwise.

He really tries hard to point out a lot of irrelevant sh!t compared to the almost $20k price tag. $200 headliner repair from "your guy", pretty much perfect louvre (oh, ya, spoiler, sorry), and man, he sure does think those stickers being all nice and white (yellow) is important. Does he think that's a good indicator of the shape of the car? You'd think he'd show you a bit more of the frame or no-start/fuel system problems, but that might detract from this prize you're bound to make money on.

And since when did calling your business "hustle" end up being a good thing? Poolhall, yes. Car sales, no.

Oh, you want examples for the $25k rule of thumb discussion thread? This is one of them. $20k for this car... good one. Yet he might get it. Someone tell our Mr. Sunshine member with the Emmy Award on his mantle that this is the car he gets with the way his constraints are around his wish list.

ALEXAKOS
01-29-2015, 02:49 AM
Oh awesome! The vin plate is in good condition after 34 years!!!!

mluder
01-29-2015, 04:33 AM
Ha... $4000 max! That car needs $20,000 worth of work.
Some people have no idea what they're talking about.

Cheers
Steven

DMCMW Dave
01-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Oh awesome! The vin plate is in good condition after 34 years!!!!

He was really hung up on the stickers. For $38 you can replace every decal on the car.

Dangermouse
01-29-2015, 12:07 PM
I assumed he was using that as an example of how original it is, great patina and all that.

ALEXAKOS
01-29-2015, 12:39 PM
He's just a loud car dealer... Pointing out good nonsense.
I am sure he doesn't even know how poor that Delo really is... But hell, he cleaned a k-jet on a previous Delorean and it worked fine!!!
Hahahahaha
That shit just made me laugh!

Rich_NYS
01-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Buddy there strikes me as one of those guys that is rough with his things. Just the way he's rapping his knuckles on stuff, the magazines on the hood

He sure wasn't at all delicate with that 30 year old newspaper article (which likely was something pretty cool.)

acaciolo
01-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Hustle car sales? Great name. that sure gives a warm fuzzy feeling!

Jonathan
01-29-2015, 08:19 PM

Maybe he means like "Charlie Hustle"? Ya know, always giving it your all, running full out all the way to first on a grounder, getting 4,000+ hits, betting on your own team to lose...

I still think hustler though... and the poolhall version that is with the guy letting you win the first couple and then taking all your money. Could be the tittie magazine from back in the day though?? hahahaha, that's old school.

Citizen
01-31-2015, 08:18 AM

I once saw a used car lot named "Chance Auto" (Lufkin, Texas, I believe). How would that make you feel when buying a used car?

I always wished I could have gotten a picture to send in to the Carson show, but I never had a camera with me when passing by (this was before cell phones).

Thomas

eagle-co94
01-31-2015, 01:18 PM
I was impressed with the louvers, the WORKING clock, the dash, binnacle and 170mph speedo. Other than that I wasn't too excited.

Parzval
02-01-2015, 04:28 PM
I don't know guys... Ignore the fact that this guy is a hustler/flipper for a second.... $16k is still the cheapest D I've seen out there. I know to you guys that actually HAVE a D, or bought them just even a few years ago when prices were low, it may be worth $4k or so. You can afford to be choosy. But to someone like me without one of course I'd pay more. Sure, I know I don't want to pay more than it's really worth, and I think it's high too.... but this unfortunately seems to be the new project car price. The only issue they haven't shown is the frame. (And that's a big thing of course.) I'd LOVE to find one for 4k, or even 10k in this kind of shape. If you know of one let me know, I've take two! The sad thing is I've saved up 10 more grand over the last couple years to spend, and it buys me the same damn thing as it did when I started looking. Prices are just ridiculous right now. :(

Anybody think the prices are going to straighten out anytime soon? At this rate, I'm afraid I'm going to be D-less. I'm not in a position to spend 30k on a car. And I don't want to wind up with a hustled overpriced junk heap that will be worthless when/if prices fall. (Given the fact that it is felt most project D's are overpriced now.) But prices could just keep going up. How does one make a decision? It's very frustrating. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Oh and back to the topic..... yeah, Hustle is just a really REALLY bad name for a car dealership.... and this guy totally talks like a hustler. Even if it WAS hustle as in ol' Charlie Hustle... who wants to be hurried through a car sale? Being rushed in your decision can get you hustled just as bad.

djdogbone
02-01-2015, 04:44 PM
I didn't see anything about the million dollar question- what's the frame look like?

Rich_NYS
02-01-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't know guys... Ignore the fact that this guy is a hustler/flipper for a second.... $16k is still the cheapest D I've seen out there. I know to you guys that actually HAVE a D, or bought them just even a few years ago when prices were low, it may be worth $4k or so. You can afford to be choosy. But to someone like me without one of course I'd pay more. Sure, I know I don't want to pay more than it's really worth, and I think it's high too.... but this unfortunately seems to be the new project car price. The only issue they haven't shown is the frame. (And that's a big thing of course.) I'd LOVE to find one for 4k, or even 10k in this kind of shape. If you know of one let me know, I've take two! The sad thing is I've saved up 10 more grand over the last couple years to spend, and it buys me the same damn thing as it did when I started looking. Prices are just ridiculous right now. :(

Very good point Josh, we were just hackin' on the guy for the presentation.

I agree with what you said, especially about the prices. As for the frame: we don't know if it's good, but we don't know if it's bad either. If you're able check it out, go for it & let us know! :thumbup:

Best of luck finding your car man....!

BTW, I saw on their website they got it running so the price is higher now.

Parzval
02-02-2015, 12:19 AM
BTW, I saw on their website they got it running so the price is higher now.

NOW how much is it? I did see it was 18,995 or something... somebody pointed that out earlier in the thread. Or is that what you meant? I didn't see any update, it only shows 3 pictures and no description. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? hmmm.

*edit.... Found it... gotta click the blue line. *

Chris Burns
02-02-2015, 12:36 AM
http://www.hustleautogroup.com/mobile/mImagesAll.aspx?cmb=0|251082115|669100

AugustneverEnds
02-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Surprised he didn't point out that it is still wearing the original Goodyear NCTs.... yep a hustle indeed

Dangermouse
02-02-2015, 09:25 AM
everybody do the hustle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZyT6QW5Pdo

(sorry, that's all I can think about with that name)

Parzval
02-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, looks like someone got the hustle (not me). It's sold.

OverlandMan
02-10-2015, 02:20 PM
I once saw a used car lot named "Chance Auto" (Lufkin, Texas, I believe). How would that make you feel when buying a used car?

I always wished I could have gotten a picture to send in to the Carson show, but I never had a camera with me when passing by (this was before cell phones).

Thomas

Thomas,

Speaking of strange dealer names...

I remember driving by Gay Pontiac several times on my way to Galveston when I was a wolf pup. http://www.gaybuickgmc.com/ This is down in your area.

I always chuckled at this in a junior-high school kind of way. I suppose these days it's cool.

Citizen
02-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Jeff,

Yep, they are still down here, as I see you found their web site. They have been in business for as long as I can remember, and although I've never bought anything there, they seem to do a pretty good business (evident by being in business so long, I guess).

Thomas

Timebender
02-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Probably the family's name, as I went to junior high with a guy named Joe Gay.