PDA

View Full Version : What to do and see in Melbourne?

vps3922
02-21-2015, 12:56 AM
Hi my Australian DMC forum buddies!

My company decided to send me for two weeks to Melbourne and I am starting to check out what to do on the long weekend during my stay.
I heard about the Great Ocean Road and want to do this (sadly not in my DeLorean...I would love to take it with me for this trip...damn wormhole generator is not working yet!).
I also heard about some nice beaches.

Anything else? Please let me know. I will probably have one weekend for myself and hopefully evenings. :thumbup:

Thank you for your help!

bfloyd
02-22-2015, 10:50 PM
A friend of mine owns the Lunar Drive-in Theatre in Melbourne. Just saw him and his wife a couple of weeks ago in Orlando at the Drive-in owners convention. They just had a huge car show at the theatre over the weekend.

DMCMW Dave
02-22-2015, 11:00 PM
Julee and I went two years ago - the Great Ocean Road was definitely the highlight of the Melbourne leg of the trip. Especially due to our tour guide Simon (We drove it in his Astra since we wouldn't all fit in the D). We did meet up with a dozen or so local owners for lunch and a drive as well.

vps3922
02-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the tips so far. Just keep 'em coming. :wiggle:

vps3922
02-28-2015, 02:26 AM
I just arrived. If there is any D owner in the Melbourne area who would like to get in contact with a Canadian D owner and talk shop then I am open to meet.

Weekend will probably be sightseeing, so a meeting would be an evening in the next two weeks. Just putting it out there.

Thanks for all incoming suggestions so far!

Tillsy
02-28-2015, 04:51 AM
I just arrived. If there is any D owner in the Melbourne area who would like to get in contact with a Canadian D owner and talk shop then I am open to meet.

Weekend will probably be sightseeing, so a meeting would be an evening in the next two weeks. Just putting it out there.

Thanks for all incoming suggestions so far!

I'll forward this along to the Aussie DeLorean Owners Facebook group as most of the guys don't frequent here very often.

vps3922
03-01-2015, 12:55 AM
I'll forward this along to the Aussie DeLorean Owners Facebook group as most of the guys don't frequent here very often.

Thank you, Chris!

Volker

SIMid
03-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Hey mate! Just saw this!

I'm guessing you are here for one more week?

Not sure what you have done so far and how much time you have left.
The Melbourne D owners hardly ever catchup so trying to organise something now you would really need to have a time machine!

Where you staying and when are you leaving?

vps3922
03-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Sent PM.