PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever taken the "Band of Brothers" tour?

StainlessBullet
03-05-2015, 05:24 PM
One of my biggest interests, besides cars, is WWII history. I've been fascinated with history in general since I was a little kid. It was always my favorite subject in school. WWII and that whole era is the most interesting to me. There's a reason why we call them the greatest generation.

On my bucket list of things to do before I die, I want to visit the actual places where the battles took place and stand where the events that changed the world took place. I had family that fought on both sides of the war and I think it would be a very sobering experience for me.

There is a company that offers guided tours called "Beyond Band of Brothers"

Here's their website with the tours that they offer,
http://www.beyondbandofbrothers.com/

Their primary and probably most selling tour is the one that retraces the path taken by the 101st airborne made famous by the HBO mini-series "Band of Brothers".

So, am I the only history buff on this forum? Any of you ever taken one of the tours offered? Anyone ever been to some of the sites? What were your experiences and thoughts?

Delorean Industries
03-05-2015, 05:40 PM
One of my biggest interests, besides cars, is WWII history. I've been fascinated with history in general since I was a little kid. It was always my favorite subject in school. WWII and that whole era is the most interesting to me. There's a reason why we call them the greatest generation.

On my bucket list of things to do before I die, I want to visit the actual places where the battles took place and stand where the events that changed the world took place. I had family that fought on both sides of the war and I think it would be a very sobering experience for me.

There is a company that offers guided tours called "Beyond Band of Brothers"

Here's their website with the tours that they offer,
http://www.beyondbandofbrothers.com/

Their primary and probably most selling tour is the one that retraces the path taken by the 101st airborne made famous by the HBO mini-series "Band of Brothers".

So, am I the only history buff on this forum? Any of you ever taken one of the tours offered? Anyone ever been to some of the sites? What were your experiences and thoughts?

I was going to do something like this last summer but work got in the way. I love wwII as much as Deloreans.

StainlessBullet
03-05-2015, 06:01 PM
I was going to do something like this last summer but work got in the way. I love wwII as much as Deloreans.

Well, if you make it over there, let me know what you think. I imagine it will be a long time before I'm ever able to have the chance.

My aunt was born in Germany and she goes over there every few years to visit family. I've always wanted to tag along with her, but she experienced the war first hand and it's is kind of a bad subject for her now.

SS Spoiler
03-05-2015, 07:19 PM
One of my biggest regrets is not sitting down with my dad and having him tell of all his
experiences during WW2. He spent time in N Africa, Anzio, Naples and Czechkeovacia [never
could spell it] Because he could speak Czech he was sent to Eastern Europe. He served for
six years. I think my brother was a year old before he saw him. A different time.
Dad died two years ago.......