PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to hang with me at the Long Beach Grand Prix?

PJ Grady Inc.
04-01-2015, 08:25 AM
I'll be in LA on business starting April 19th and am planning to attend the LBGP which is that very day. Don Stegar is working the race and can probably get me/us into the pits at no extra charge! I attended this event 20 years ago with Ron Lowe of Swedish Autoservice/DMC (Zone Rep) fame and had a unforgetable time. I'll go it alone if necessary but if you want to have some fun this is a "bucket list" event. Contact me privately if you're interested.
Rob

Lou and "Boo"
04-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Man Rob, I though you were speaking about a Long Beach NY event. I'd love to go and hang with you but LA is out of my budget.
Have a wonderful time and try to post pics if you can!

PJ Grady Inc.
04-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Sorry this one is in Long Beach California. I did actually race a motocross event back at Long Beach NY that was held right on the beach. I got the "holeshot" in the first 250 amatuer moto and when I went off the first jump almost went over the bars as I had never landed in pure beach sand off a high jump before.
I managed to hold on to win the moto and the 1st place trophy that day (Best average finish of 2 races combined).
You brought back some fond memories of that day with your post so I had to reminise a while there. You missed that inaugural (and only as it turned out) race by 36 years as it was 1978! I can still replay most of that day in my head. I didn't get too many holeshots as I was usually a little slow out of the gate but not that day. Thanks for the memories! If I can dig up some photos does anyone care to see them?
Rob

Man Rob, I though you were speaking about a Long Beach NY event. I'd love to go and hang with you but LA is out of my budget.
Have a wonderful time and try to post pics if you can!

davidc89
04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Please do

Lou and "Boo"
04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Oh yes. Of course I'd like to see them. I was 7 years old in 1978.

Mario
04-01-2015, 04:29 PM
I'll likely be down there for Formula E, but that's this weekend. Too bad!

rileydawgg
04-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Sounds like fun. I used to go to the Detroit Grand Prix every year as a kid growing up, but haven't been to one here living in LA. PM'd you.