PDA

View Full Version : AC panel fascia decal

Ivan
04-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Mine had a minor bubble (I had replaced it several years ago), so I pulled out the panel and removed the decal and cleaned the surface. I ordered a new (old stock) (108921) from DMC only to find out they have run out of them and currently have no plans to reproduce it!! That sucks! Anyone have one for sale or know of anyone else reproducing them? Send me an email if anyone has an answer, [email protected]. Ivan

mburshtain
04-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Mine had a minor bubble (I had replaced it several years ago), so I pulled out the panel and removed the decal and cleaned the surface. I ordered a new (old stock) (108921) from DMC only to find out they have run out of them and currently have no plans to reproduce it!! That sucks! Anyone have one for sale or know of anyone else reproducing them? Send me an email if anyone has an answer, [email protected]. Ivan

I still have this one for sale - http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10544-For-sale-A-C-Facia-Panel-Decal-and-Hazard-Switch&p=155531#post155531
Just to set expectation - it look great, but it's not perfect...

jamesrguk
04-06-2015, 03:07 PM

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10212-Brand-New-Reproduction-of-A-C-Decal-Early-style-and-later-style&highlight=decal

There is a thread on this forum about some chap reproducing them, not sure if they are good to go yet.

James

DMCMW Dave
04-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Houston is indeed out of them, but reproductions are in development. No timetable yet.

Bitsyncmaster
04-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Houston is indeed out of them, but reproductions are in development. No timetable yet.

Make the warning light letters a larger font than the NOS stock was.

DMCMW Dave
04-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Make the warning light letters a larger font than the NOS stock was.

Which NOS? There are at least 4 different patterns. At any rate, it's not my project, so I really don't know.

PJ Grady Inc.
04-06-2015, 07:14 PM
We have some stock of the same decals DMCH had until recently and am looking into reproducing the more popular later 81 style decals.
Rob

Bitsyncmaster
04-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Which NOS? There are at least 4 different patterns. At any rate, it's not my project, so I really don't know.

The last ones DMCH was selling. The colored rings around the temp knob were also to transparent. Yes there were many little changes and some owner like the changes. I liked my original decal but it showed it's age.

wnorris89
04-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Has anyone considered eliminating the lighting and making a stainless AC faceplate with black lettering? I would really like to do something like this.

Patrick C
04-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Maybe with modern technology we could do the "Blackout" A/C panel that the factory had originally intended. Completely black when the car is off, but everything shows up when the car is on. Would look great with Dave's LED board behind it!

http://dm-eng.weebly.com

kajcienski
04-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Maybe with modern technology we could do the "Blackout" A/C panel that the factory had originally intended. Completely black when the car is off, but everything shows up when the car is on. Would look great with Dave's LED board behind it!

http://dm-eng.weebly.com

I actually made one of the black-out decals. Looks cool, but I prefer the other. I think I posted it in one of my threads.

Bitsyncmaster
04-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I actually made one of the black-out decals. Looks cool, but I prefer the other. I think I posted it in one of my threads.

It's really hard to get real good results from one off builds. It takes a lot of money up front to get professional printing places to do the build. Then it may take a few tries to get it right.

Ivan
04-09-2015, 01:53 PM
thank you for the replies. Rob Grady with PJ Grady emailed me that he still had some new old stock decals so I ordered one from him. He is also considering reproducing them in the near future.

Patrick C
04-11-2015, 10:34 PM

I would love to have one with my dash-mounted iPad...everything would be totally black when the car is off.