PDA

View Full Version : MIT Looking for a DeLorean to use on May 7th - UPDATED

Tamir A.
04-08-2015, 12:50 AM
I'm passing this message along. I have no association with this event. Please read the description below and contact email is provided for those interested.

Hi All,

I work in the MIT Department of Mechanical Engineering, and we are hosting our annual Robot Competition for students of our 2.007: Design and Manufacturing I undergraduate class. The theme for our Robot Competition this year is "Hack to the Future”; it will feature several robot challenges that celebrate famous scenes from the movie "Back to the Future."

MIT President Rafael Reif isn’t able to attend the event and instead will be taping a welcome prior to the event. We are hoping to tape him wishing attendees a warm welcome from inside a real DeLorean. With that in mind, I am wondering if anyone in the Boston/Cambridge area would be willing to loan us their DeLorean for a few hours next Monday, April 13, from 9am-12pm on MIT Campus in Cambridge.

Please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Best,
Alissa

Alissa Mallinson
Communications Coordinator
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Tamir A.
04-20-2015, 11:36 PM
This event has passed, but they are still looking for a DeLorean to use in a May 7th Event. Details below:

I just wanted to check in on this. I didn¹t hear back directly from anyone
and I¹m wondering if there were any responses that you know of. The event
that I was originally looking for has actually past, but we are also
hoping to have a DeLorean at the actual robot competition on May 7 at MIT,
if anyone would be willing to help out with that. There¹s a little more
lead time on that one, so it might be easier.

Thank you,
Alissa

Jedidentist
04-21-2015, 09:46 PM
I'd love to help out with another event in the future, but 1. I'm not sure my car would even be here by then and 2. May 7th is a week day, and I work. Otherwise, I'd love to come and bring my son to check out the competition!