PDA

View Full Version : General Dashmat

davidc89
06-23-2015, 01:42 PM
I am looking to buy a dash mat, but I was wondering if anyone had any photos of them installed. I asked the dashmat and they only sent me a drawn out template. Do they cover the binnacle as well?

DavidProehl
06-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Not sure who you are buying it from, I'm sure all are a little different, but all would cover the binnacle.

Here are photos with and without:

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=35132&stc=1
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=35131&stc=1

Ryan S.
06-23-2015, 04:27 PM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12013-Stop-small-crack-in-dask-from-spreading&p=174679&viewfull=1#post174679

Chris 16409
06-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Dashmat is one of Covercraft's brands. Get the Suede-Mat. It won't "shed" all over the place.

davidc89
06-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys! My binnacle isn't cracked I just want to prevent it as much as possible.

whocruiser
06-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Dashmat is one of Covercraft's brands. Get the Suede-Mat. It won't "shed" all over the place.

Don't know if it's the same one with a new name, or a different texture, but I got the one that Dash Mat called their "Velour Mat" and the feel on it is way better than their standard "carpet" type of mat. Got it for VIN 1662 over 15 years ago, and still feels & looks like new in VIN 1150 today. Wouldn't have ANY DeLorean in the Florida sun without a Dash Mat (in whatever variety) keeping those nasty rays off the dash & binnacle. And they had a shade of grey that SO well matches the headliners, and really helps to brighten up the inside of a black upholstered car as well.

Gfrank
06-24-2015, 09:41 PM
I've got one Id sell, was on my car when I purchased it, have sence replaced the dash 35159

Sorry this is the only photo I've got handy, can see it when you zoom In

hmcelraft
06-24-2015, 10:13 PM
I have had my DashMat for several years. It is just the basic and fits very nice. It does a great job of protecting the dash from the sun and keeps the heat down in the car. I've had no problems with it. I have usually taken it off for car shows but, last weekend at a show I just left it on. Not one comment about it.

davidc89
06-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Don't know if it's the same one with a new name, or a different texture, but I got the one that Dash Mat called their "Velour Mat" and the feel on it is way better than their standard "carpet" type of mat. Got it for VIN 1662 over 15 years ago, and still feels & looks like new in VIN 1150 today. Wouldn't have ANY DeLorean in the Florida sun without a Dash Mat (in whatever variety) keeping those nasty rays off the dash & binnacle. And they had a shade of grey that SO well matches the headliners, and really helps to brighten up the inside of a black upholstered car as well.

Do you have a picture of that? I have a black interior and I am intrigued by this. I was going to get a black one, but I may do a gray one if it looks nice.

FABombjoy
06-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Has anybody tried the offerings from dashdesigns.com? Their "Sedona Suede" looks like a nice, more-modern style alternative to Dashmat.

mluder
06-25-2015, 03:01 PM
I've got one Id sell, was on my car when I purchased it, have sence replaced the dash 35159

Sorry this is the only photo I've got handy, can see it when you zoom In

That's a good one... stays on even if the car is on the ceiling. :hysterical:

Cheers
Steven