PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Match to my Delorean

alexwolf1216
07-08-2015, 09:03 AM
My wife finally found a minivan she wants, and I am all for it. I think its going to go amazing in the garage next to my D. Its the new Tesla Model X, 7 seater. Score!

Timebender
07-08-2015, 01:34 PM
My wife finally found a minivan she wants, and I am all for it. I think its going to go amazing in the garage next to my D. Its the new Tesla Model X, 7 seater. Score!

Yes very cool, though I wouldn't label it as a minivan, as we all know, minivans will be the harbingers of the apocalypse.

One problem I have with the design though - only the passengers can get in and out in a small amount of space. If someone parks too close to you, as in the 12 inches, and you can't get in through the driver's door, then the winged doors are of no use.

mr_maxime
07-08-2015, 08:51 PM
We had a black one at work and I wanted to get a picture of it with my black delorean. I got a pretty good explanation of how the doors are different. They can also easily swapped between cars.

Ryan S.
07-08-2015, 09:32 PM
More like crossover or SUV.
Is it out already? I thought that it won't be out until Q3

mr_maxime
07-08-2015, 10:22 PM
It's not out, but in my line of work we often see cars before they are released. Also its windows roll down all of the way.

DMC5180
07-08-2015, 10:35 PM
For a little fun you can open and close the falcon wing rear doors in the photo on their site page. Just put your finger on the image and move up or down. The doors are double jointed with a limited movement mid hinge. They open in less space than the delorean.

http://www.teslamotors.com/modelx

Dangermouse
07-09-2015, 07:55 AM
One problem I have with the design though - only the passengers can get in and out in a small amount of space. If someone parks too close to you, as in the 12 inches, and you can't get in through the driver's door, then the winged doors are of no use.

Surely you then enter through the rear doors and clamber gracefully into the front

Timebender
07-09-2015, 12:22 PM
We had a black one at work and I wanted to get a picture of it with my black delorean. I got a pretty good explanation of how the doors are different. They can also easily swapped between cars.

Yeah it's pretty trick how the falcon wing doors fold when they go up.

Would be nice if the front ones did the same, or it was just one big door, since the car is not all that long.

Timebender
07-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Surely you then enter through the rear doors and clamber gracefully into the front

If you don't mind crawling over the center console hoping not to break it in the process, while you then put your hands on the passenger front seat, then try and get your legs past the driver seat and then back over the console and arm-rest, trying not to snap it off, finally sitting down. Then taking a few minutes to catch your breath after performing gymnastics in your car.

Also if you watch this video, you can see how long it takes for the doors to open. If you're being chased by an alien, or zombie, you're dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3OMkY0g9WM

Dangermouse
07-09-2015, 04:47 PM
If you don't mind crawling over the center console hoping not to break it in the process, while you then put your hands on the passenger front seat, then try and get your legs past the driver seat and then back over the console and arm-rest, trying not to snap it off, finally sitting down. Then taking a few minutes to catch your breath after performing gymnastics in your car.
]

Well, if you're not going to treat it like a minivan then .......

mr_maxime
07-09-2015, 07:29 PM
The doors do take pretty long. They don't just pop up like a deloreans. It also does really bother how the front ones are regular doors