PDA

View Full Version : Wanted window regulator parts.

a39
07-16-2015, 10:59 PM
I started getting my car, which I haven't driven since 1995 and so far except for AC and one broken gear in the passenger side window regulator all works and I've had it for a short test drive. I can't go far as I can't fit my power chair, which I need, in it.
What I need is the gear that drives the window cable, it's cracked and binds every 360º revolution. The motor is fine and works and not needed. The left side regulator would also work as the gear is the same.
Mickey

SS Spoiler
07-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Had same problem, motor only went a ways and stopped.
Took the gear box apart and found the brass gear was split.
Drilled out the hole slightly, superglued the crack and the shaft.
Clamping it with a hose clamp. Been working great for 24 years now.

PJ Grady Inc.
07-17-2015, 09:53 AM
I started getting my car, which I haven't driven since 1995 and so far except for AC and one broken gear in the passenger side window regulator all works and I've had it for a short test drive. I can't go far as I can't fit my power chair, which I need, in it.
What I need is the gear that drives the window cable, it's cracked and binds every 360º revolution. The motor is fine and works and not needed. The left side regulator would also work as the gear is the same.
Mickey

I have spare parts for the original regulator but keep in mind that's only one of several fatal flaws in the design. If you want to patch it up anyway you could PM me as I also have collars to beef up the tube etc.
Rob