PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Appearance Fees?

bfloyd
07-17-2015, 11:35 AM
I've got a group that contacted me and would like me to bring my car out for a photo op thing to coincide with their Oct. 21st Back to the Future themed event. They want to know how much I would charge to do it. It's about 35 miles +/- from the house and would only last about 3 hours. Any clue on what to charge for something like this if anything?

mluder
07-17-2015, 12:04 PM
That's a tough question...

If it's for an individual, "My son is a huge fan of..." type of thing It's always for free.
If it's a charity event I'll often do it for free unless I know they have a budget for entertainment. Then I typically negotiate a lower rate.
Straight corporate gigs, depends, but usually around $100 and hour is pretty standard. I also cos-play Marty and have a friend who does Doc... If they want that it's an extra $25-$50 an hour depending on if they want both or just one.

Make sure you have complete understanding of what they are expecting. I.E. just pics standing next to the car, do they want people to sit in the car, just static display, driving around, security. I also am adamant up front that I can call it off at any time if things aren't going as expected and they still have to pay me.

Good luck
Steven

fnzen
07-17-2015, 03:26 PM
I've got a group that contacted me and would like me to bring my car out for a photo op thing to coincide with their Oct. 21st Back to the Future themed event. They want to know how much I would charge to do it. It's about 35 miles +/- from the house and would only last about 3 hours. Any clue on what to charge for something like this if anything?

Depends what the event is, if they offer free meal and stuff Im usually having fun and dont charge except for gas

even then sometimes I dont charge just to get the network going....

example drove up to a Napa Winery (300miles) negotiated that my bro and sis inlaw were invited to the dinner for no cost

turns out it was a $1000 per person event for charity (Mr Fox) I did it for no cost just barter and we all had a fantastic time got some unobtainable free wine and lots of contacts!