PDA

View Full Version : For Sale To All Who Want A Fixer Delorean In The Lower Price Range....Here You Go!! $17K

bxtech
08-09-2015, 08:24 PM
While browsing CL, I stumbled across this D. It was only posted a few hours ago, so if you want it, I suggest you move fast! Looks decent and it's a 5 speed. The owner seems a bit confused as he mentions in the ad that it's an automatic, but says his uncle worked on the clutch, and also lists as an automatic in the Craigslist option list. From the pictures you can obviously see that it's a 5 speed. Definitely worth taking a look at if someone is shopping on the lower end of the price range. Sounds like it's been in the same family since new which is a plus. He's asking $17K. I have no affiliation. Good luck!

LINK TO AD: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5164479109.html

DeLorean - $17000 (half moon bay)

VIN: SCEDT26T6BD006277
fuel: gas
odometer: 10000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

This is a '81 DeLorean which my uncle bought brand new in 1981. It has been covered up sitting for many years and does run if you feed it gas, but we are in the process of fixing the fuel pump. My uncle started working on the clutch and never finished so it won't drive. However, the car never had a engine problem. It is an automatic. The odometer reads much less than 10,000, but 10,000 is the actual mileage. Have the title in hand. This car is quite the unique ride, so if you'd like to see it or have questions please give my dad Kevin a call at
show contact info
or myself at
show contact info
my name is David. Also I get poor reception where I live so just leave me a voicemail if I don't answer. Cheers, David

bxtech
08-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Pictures:

Nicholas R
08-10-2015, 07:16 PM
While browsing CL, I stumbled across this D. It was only posted a few hours ago, so if you want it, I suggest you move fast! Looks decent and it's a 5 speed. The owner seems a bit confused as he mentions in the ad that it's an automatic, but says his uncle worked on the clutch, and also lists as an automatic in the Craigslist option list. From the pictures you can obviously see that it's a 5 speed. Definitely worth taking a look at if someone is shopping on the lower end of the price range. Sounds like it's been in the same family since new which is a plus. He's asking $17K. I have no affiliation. Good luck!

LINK TO AD: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5164479109.html

DeLorean - $17000 (half moon bay)

VIN: SCEDT26T6BD006277
fuel: gas
odometer: 10000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

This is a '81 DeLorean which my uncle bought brand new in 1981. It has been covered up sitting for many years and does run if you feed it gas, but we are in the process of fixing the fuel pump. My uncle started working on the clutch and never finished so it won't drive. However, the car never had a engine problem. It is an automatic. The odometer reads much less than 10,000, but 10,000 is the actual mileage. Have the title in hand. This car is quite the unique ride, so if you'd like to see it or have questions please give my dad Kevin a call at
show contact info
or myself at
show contact info
my name is David. Also I get poor reception where I live so just leave me a voicemail if I don't answer. Cheers, David

Uhhhh.... wut?:hmm::hmm:

MartyP
08-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Pictures shows a manual !

Dangermouse
08-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Warning! Warning, Will Robinson!

car was previously advertised from the same seller at $35k

Back then, the car didn't run at all and the owner claimed an electrical problem. He was also waiting for the title.

So some progress has been made, resulting in a 50% price drop.

It is probably a genuine ad, from a motivated seller, but as always, buyer beware.

(as the OP is not the actual seller of the car, this is not really a "for sale" thread; this is really a discussion thread and as such, we can discuss)

mluder
08-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Uhhhh.... wut?:hmm::hmm:

That was my reaction too.

Steve

Kherns
08-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Am I crazy or on one pic Louvre, and on the other one with the engine bay no louvre ?

SIMid
08-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Somewhere in Africa where David is with poor reception 36081