PDA

View Full Version : Jalopnik bashed DeLorean, again

Citizen
08-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Just stumbled on this this morning. I hate posting this negative stuff, 'cause it seems to promote it. But it is relevant to us and important for us to know what's being said. See #1.

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-worst-cars-we-want-to-own-1725561697

Personally, I think we, as a DeLorean community, have done a lot to counter all the negative publicity about the car.

Thomas

JohnZ
08-22-2015, 07:13 AM
I like the last sentence, though: "But who cares, it’s a fecking DeLorean"

AugustneverEnds
08-22-2015, 09:32 AM
"Lack of available replacement parts", err since when?? "Awful reliability", people have been driving these cars for 34 years so are they really worse than anything else?

jmettee
08-22-2015, 09:33 AM
I don't think it's that negative. Read the title a different way & concentrate on 1 word: "The Ten Worst Cars We WANT To Own".

Anyone who is honest with themselves & has owned or worked on these cars can fairly state that a DMC is not the best example of performance or engineering, even for its time in 1981. BUT they are an icon, they have a great shape/visual design, & can still be good cars. There's a reason so many were just parked & left to rot....because people were tired of fixing them or didn't know how (there's the reliability issue).

I love my car & wouldn't think of selling it. It is a blast to drive & talk to others about. But it's fun in its own way. Even my S10 truck would give competition to the DMC when it comes to driving performance. All the daily drivers I've had would probably be better in performance & handling. But, you can't replace the character of the manual steering, low/sleek design, driving posture, etc. etc. etc that the DMC has. So the DMC really isn't a great performer, but it IS desirable for other reasons & that makes it a car that people want to own. We all know why we love our cars, & I don't think anyone who owns one will say it's because of how fast it is or how well it handles the curves.

mr_maxime
08-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Anyone bashing a delorean is most likely shitting on an icon for attention. "Remember that car from the 80s? Well it sucks. LOL! See how funny I am?"

They fail to realize how what makes the delorean unique help it. Stainless and fiberglass dont rust. How many classic cars are now just rust buckets? Unless it's painted, you have much better idea what the car looks like than almost anything else. At worse, you have paint hiding body filler. Poor reliability is such a cope out and so is lack of parts. The reliability has a lot to do with the age now and the lack of parts is from the age as well as being an orphan car. Had DMC stuck around and made more cars neither of those would have been as much of an issue.

Most of those people writing these articles have never driven a delorean. That's like reading a critic review for a movie someone never even saw. I get that there's a reputation, but it's almost entirely built around misinformation.

Jonathan
08-22-2015, 11:12 AM
As Reggie Jackson of the NY Yankees once said, "they don't boo the nobodies."

+1 on what Justin said. Our cars can often be a very large PITA. But blah, boring or run of the mill they will never be.

And, yea, Jalopnik isn't exactly known for publishing anything for its educational value or excellent writing style. They act like a radio shock jock that will post whatever they think is going to get people to click on it. You don't really think anyone would click to see what one of the Kardashians had to say if they knew the article wasn't going to fill their screen with a big set of tits, do you? Jalopnik is the online automotive version of the grocery store check-out gossip magazines. Nothing more.

refugeefromcalif
08-22-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't think it's that negative. Read the title a different way & concentrate on 1 word: "The Ten Worst Cars We WANT To Own".

As much as I like the other 9, (I own one of them), I can't imagine Wanting to own a Yugo GV... :confused2:

George

Nicholas R
08-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Why the hell is the Mitsubishi Mirage on that list?!

At least every other car on the list has some uniqueness to it. But the Mitsubishi Mirage is about as run of the mill as cars get.

DMCVegas
08-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Why the hell is the Mitsubishi Mirage on that list?!

At least every other car on the list has some uniqueness to it. But the Mitsubishi Mirage is about as run of the mill as cars get.

That's an interesting statement. Back when Gran Turismo partnered with Jalopnik to set up a voting poll to see what vehicles would be included in DLC Packs, the game designers kept complaining that people were choosing "normal" cars like the DeLorean, the Fiero, the Mustang, and other common vehicles instead of outrageous exotics. They couldn't understand why people were lusting over cars that they, the average person, could obtain rather than the hyper-expensive ones that we couldn't. I guess that despite the commonality and price point of normal cars, they do indeed sell the best because it's what we as consumers really want.

Which having said that, yes, I came *that* close to buying a Mitsubishi Mirage myself. I like it.

louielouie2000
08-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Anyone who is honest with themselves & has owned or worked on these cars can fairly state that a DMC is not the best example of performance or engineering, even for its time in 1981. BUT they are an icon, they have a great shape/visual design, & can still be good cars. There's a reason so many were just parked & left to rot....because people were tired of fixing them or didn't know how (there's the reliability issue).

I love my car & wouldn't think of selling it. It is a blast to drive & talk to others about. But it's fun in its own way. Even my S10 truck would give competition to the DMC when it comes to driving performance. All the daily drivers I've had would probably be better in performance & handling. But, you can't replace the character of the manual steering, low/sleek design, driving posture, etc. etc. etc that the DMC has. So the DMC really isn't a great performer, but it IS desirable for other reasons & that makes it a car that people want to own. We all know why we love our cars, & I don't think anyone who owns one will say it's because of how fast it is or how well it handles the curves.

This. Jalopnik fawns over the DeLorean like no other publication/blog/news outlet ever has. They clearly LOVE the car. But they are also very realistic about the car's shortcomings. That's just the way Jalopnik rolls. They blast cars for their idiosyncrasies while lauding them for the often intangible things that make us love them. Kind of like the way best friends always tease & pick on one another.

A good example is Doug DeMuro's review of the Lamborghini Jalpa a while back. Subjectively he LOVED it; objectively he ripped it to pieces. It's possible to be enamored with something that is entirely flawed. In fact, it's often those quirks which make objects & people all the more endearing in the first place. Part of the DeLorean's allure is it's idiosyncrasies. Objectively, the DeLorean could not hold a candle to it's contemporaries in any way. They all accelerated, stopped, handled, hauled, and comforted better than the DeLorean. Subjectively though, the DeLorean has a presence that few cars in the history of the automobile can touch. And that's what Jalopnik is getting at here.

Further evidence of this is Jalopnik's favorite cars: Miatas & brown, manual, diesel wagons. Obviously neither of those cars win the numbers games in any real world comparison. It's simply the way some cars can make you feel.

Galt
08-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Jalopnik is a liberal toilet filled with arrogant know-nothings and posers. If Travis Okulski, Matt Hardigree or Jason Torchinsky combined everything they knew about cars they couldn't even run a Jiffy Lube. Most of their opinions/knowledge/vernacular were parroted from either Top Gear or Wheeler Dealers and every time they say 'shooting brake' or 'Lancia Delta Integrale' I cringe. Anyone who likes, much less loves, the VW Beetle or the Mazda Miata needs to have their man card pulled and immediately replaced with a bus pass. Not one manufacturer will still loan them cars outside of a controlled environment. Their slogan is 'Drive free or die' but if somebody posts a video of themselves driving to their ability or enjoying their car in a manner frowned upon by the state's armed tax collectors - Jalopnik can't wait to call them 'a**hat, newb, *tard, idiot' etc. It's like a bunch of guys in prison making fun of the free people outside - or - the pompous know-it-alls you wouldn't want to talk to at a car show all got together to create a site to suck all the joy out of the auto industry and instill judgmental hatred for all the car culture holds dear.

Jalopnik is a joke and a blight on the car community. How any of those clowns ended up with a voice in the car community, I'll never know. Any opinion they have is invalid regardless if they're accidentally right. My only hope is that Hulk Hogan wins his lawsuit and puts that snarky, uneducated, hipster cesspool out of business.

Morpheus
08-24-2015, 03:21 PM
That article is pure click bait. It appeals to their target audience and gets them advertising dollars.

dustybarn
08-24-2015, 03:50 PM
I'll take an interesting car over a "good" one any day.

louielouie2000
08-24-2015, 04:13 PM
I'll take an interesting car over a "good" one any day.

Indeed. "Good" cars tend to be boring- they have had all personality engineered out of them. I think that's what a lot of people are misunderstanding about Jalopnik and their relationship with the DeLorean. Jalopnik doesn't like perfect cars. They root for the flawed underdog every time, albeit in a tongue in cheek way. Their poking fun at the DeLorean is their ultimate show of love for it.

Jonathan
08-24-2015, 04:17 PM
This. Jalopnik fawns over the DeLorean like no other publication/blog/news outlet ever has. They clearly LOVE the car. But they are also very realistic about the car's shortcomings. That's just the way Jalopnik rolls. They blast cars for their idiosyncrasies while lauding them for the often intangible things that make us love them. Kind of like the way best friends always tease & pick on one another.

A good example is Doug DeMuro's review of the Lamborghini Jalpa a while back. Subjectively he LOVED it; objectively he ripped it to pieces. It's possible to be enamored with something that is entirely flawed. In fact, it's often those quirks which make objects & people all the more endearing in the first place. Part of the DeLorean's allure is it's idiosyncrasies. Objectively, the DeLorean could not hold a candle to it's contemporaries in any way. They all accelerated, stopped, handled, hauled, and comforted better than the DeLorean. Subjectively though, the DeLorean has a presence that few cars in the history of the automobile can touch. And that's what Jalopnik is getting at here.

Further evidence of this is Jalopnik's favorite cars: Miatas & brown, manual, diesel wagons. Obviously neither of those cars win the numbers games in any real world comparison. It's simply the way some cars can make you feel.

Louie, you could be a great relationship counsellor, 'cause everything you said there is pretty much at the heart of why a relationship between two people will, or will not, work. Good job!

Jalopnik is a liberal toilet filled with arrogant know-nothings and posers. If Travis Okulski, Matt Hardigree or Jason Torchinsky combined everything they knew about cars they couldn't even run a Jiffy Lube. Most of their opinions/knowledge/vernacular were parroted from either Top Gear or Wheeler Dealers and every time they say 'shooting brake' or 'Lancia Delta Integrale' I cringe. Anyone who likes, much less loves, the VW Beetle or the Mazda Miata needs to have their man card pulled and immediately replaced with a bus pass. Not one manufacturer will still loan them cars outside of a controlled environment. Their slogan is 'Drive free or die' but if somebody posts a video of themselves driving to their ability or enjoying their car in a manner frowned upon by the state's armed tax collectors - Jalopnik can't wait to call them 'a**hat, newb, *tard, idiot' etc. It's like a bunch of guys in prison making fun of the free people outside - or - the pompous know-it-alls you wouldn't want to talk to at a car show all got together to create a site to suck all the joy out of the auto industry and instill judgmental hatred for all the car culture holds dear.

Jalopnik is a joke and a blight on the car community. How any of those clowns ended up with a voice in the car community, I'll never know. Any opinion they have is invalid regardless if they're accidentally right. My only hope is that Hulk Hogan wins his lawsuit and puts that snarky, uneducated, hipster cesspool out of business.

Woo hoo! Oh, yea. Well put and right on point.

Mods, go ahead and sticky Galt's post and title it: "for use when the next and inevitable Jalopnik article gets posted... just copy paste this here."

Nice.

Timebender
08-24-2015, 05:40 PM
I have a few comments.

1. Why do they like Matt Farrah so much and think his DeLorean is the BEST one ever in the history of mankind?

2. I like VW Bugs. Old air-cooled ones that are standard, classic, have that lovely little chirp. They make me smile and when I see one that's nicely maintained it makes me happy- but then I had a few split window busses, so that may be why. And I love the one's with bigger exhausts, dual carbs, and have a nice little roar to them. All air-cooled VW Bugs and busses are fun to work on, add onto, and drive. And I learned how to work on engines and cars in general with my different busses, including building a new engine as well as rebuilding old ones. All that education led to how I can work on my son's 1970 Camaro RS (1970 and a half actually), and the Chevy 350 isn't much different than working on a VW 1600 Dual Port. And because my DeLorean has a late 70's Corvette 350 sbc in it, I'm comfy working on it as well.

3. I like the newer Beetles- from the 2000 (I had a Turbo and it was wicked fast and handled well on very twisty roads where I live), and when looking for a new daily driver to get from San Diego to LA every single day for 6 months, I wanted something that was fun, reliable, didn't look like every other car, was FAST and got amazing fuel mileage. I didn't want a hybrid (because I'm not a liberal), so I went for the 2013 TDI Beetle, which runs on Diesel (a man's fuel), gets 50 or more miles the gallon, the engine will last at least 500,000 miles, and it's zippy, has lots of torque off the line, is fun to drive (with paddle shifters) and handles well in the twists as well as has extremely good brakes.

4. I also ride a 900 pound, 6 cylinder, 1835cc bike, one of only 1500 made.

5. I'm 6' 7'" and weigh in at 240 pounds.

Try and take my man card and I'll rip your head off with one simple twist.

mr_maxime
08-24-2015, 10:18 PM
I didn't want a hybrid (because I'm not a liberal)

Lol there's a Prius in my dad's neighborhood with a bumper sticker that says "not a liberal"

Timebender
08-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Yeah we told my sister in law she needed to do that too, as they have TWO Priuses- and her husband said no as he's kinda sorta liberal.

Rich_NYS
08-25-2015, 12:24 AM
I'm not team Japolink, but the article does open with: "The most enjoyable cars aren’t always the best cars." Seems to be similar to what Justin is saying, and I agree.

I kinda got the impression they're DeLorean fans.

Timebender
08-25-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm not team Japolink, but the article does open with: "The most enjoyable cars aren’t always the best cars." Seems to be similar to what Justin is saying, and I agree.

True. If I think of my MOST enjoyable cars, they aren't the ones that are the best or even reliable or great.

Cars I've had that I LOVED to drive, but required a lot of maintenance on a weekly basis:

1965 Volkswagen 13 Window Deluxe Bus.
1963 Volkswagen 23 Window Deluxe Bus - this was super enjoyable as it had all that light pouring in, you could drive with the big sunroof open, and you got a lot of waves from passerby. However it sucked to drive in the rain, as rain would find its way into the cab, behind me, like a nice little waterfall. And there was no heat. But it was still a kick in the pants to drive.
1971 Datsun 510 Wagon with mags.
1971 Pontiac Firebird.

Car I have now: My 1981 DeLorean. Even though I'm 6' 7", I fit and once I'm in and driving her, it's like being in my own little space ship. And I have to maintain it way more than my modern cars.

SamHill
08-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Anyone who likes, much less loves... the Mazda Miata needs to have their man card pulled ....

Mark D
08-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Nice DeLorean sticker on that Miata :thumbup2:

SamHill
08-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Nice DeLorean sticker on that Miata :thumbup2:

Thanks again. It makes me feel like a real MAN!

Mark D
08-25-2015, 05:16 PM
I seem to find that people who bash Miatas tend to be people who have never actually driven one. I've taken a few different Miatas out for test drives and have enjoyed the hell out of it every time. A guy at work has one that's set up for track use and I'd be interested to drive it sometime.

...Typically the counter argument to the Miata bashers is that they make autocross and track cars because they are so light and have good power to weight ratio. I'd like to see how much better a track car is than a stock Miata since I've already enjoyed the few stock cars I've driven.

Kinda funny how this came up in a thread that was initially in response to DeLorean bashing. If as a community we can't respect other marques for their own uniqueness, how can we expect others to understand our love of DeLoreans?

SamHill
08-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Much like the Delorean... to each their own. I thought "girl's car" too... until I got one.

I turn the key, it runs. Always. I hit railroad lumber laying in the interstate at 75 mph. Not only do I not die, but I repair the radiator and fans within the space of 3 hours... and it runs. I take it to Maryland emissions. It passes. A $25 fill up. On 23 year old suspension and junkyard tires, it out handles 95% of what is on the road.

I sold my first one and missed it! I had to get another one. Because a Miata spoils you because of how cheap it is to keep it going. Every year you put off a new car, you are putting lots of money in your pocket, and this car makes the case that a new car can wait every year so far. All for $2000? Forget about it!

The japanese did the NA (original gen miata) right. I don't think of it as a special car. It's just a very well done car. I've never had to worry about the frame. Or the fuel injection. Or cracking a windshield after jacking it up with the doors open. Or the interior coming apart in the sun. Or the window motors going bad. Or exhaust leaks. Or hot start problems. Or control arms. If you get what I mean.

Among the best cars I've ever owned I would put my early 70s Mercedes 300D at the top of the list, and this one is #2. It gives a lot and asks for so little in return.

I like that certain people don't like it. A thug would never be caught dead in it. That's fine by me.

Dangermouse
08-26-2015, 08:20 AM
In the early days of Jalopnik, Matt Hardigee was a big fan of the De and seemed to find a way of introducing one into any story always in a mostly positive light (imho). He moved on earlier this year and the site has taken on an even more list-centric format. They are really clutching at straws with some of their top-10 lists.

Matt Farah is with "The Smoking Tire", part of the Kinja empire that also is the parent of Japlonik, so it's just some cross-pollination going on there.

dustybarn
08-26-2015, 08:23 AM
I never understood the derision towards the Miata either. It always seemed to me to be the near-perfect embodiment of the nimble, small-displacement sports car. I remember when the NA first came out and I thought , "Wow! Somebody decided to make a Lotus Elan S3 that doesn't fall apart!" and woulda bought one but didn't have the money. And nobody ever accused the Elan of being a "girl's car" unless the "girl" was Dame Diana Rigg.

louielouie2000
08-26-2015, 11:03 AM

They are. Here are some of their gushing stories about the car:

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/back-to-the-past-with-a-delorean-1714398225
http://jalopnik.com/the-delorean-is-more-than-just-the-back-to-the-future-c-1689369757
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/this-badass-delorean-monster-truck-doesnt-need-roads-ei-1669035053
http://oppositelock.kinja.com/get-inside-the-awesomely-quirky-delorean-dmc-12-1663893463
http://jalopnik.com/proof-a-delorean-dmc-12-is-a-great-car-to-drive-on-a-sk-1659708575
http://jalopnik.com/the-delorean-is-a-bucket-list-car-that-everyone-should-1648374001
http://jalopnik.com/how-to-make-the-delorean-dmc-12-drive-as-good-as-it-loo-1601098852
http://jalopnik.com/what-its-really-like-to-drive-a-delorean-1519827304
http://thesmokingtire.kinja.com/this-is-what-its-like-to-bring-your-dream-car-home-1480428566
http://thesmokingtire.kinja.com/video-i-bought-a-barn-find-delorean-879282880
http://jalopnik.com/5396274/ten-vehicles-that-dont-belong-on-buisnessweeks-50-ugliest-cars-list/
http://jalopnik.com/400558/deloreans-with-doors-up-parade-down-woodward

Some of these stories just seem to be finding any reason to bring up the car. Like I said before, they're clearly enamored with it:
http://jalopnik.com/super-mom-takes-delorean-crazed-son-from-moscow-to-ohio-1595814345
http://jalopnik.com/could-the-fisker-karma-be-our-generations-delorean-1349534499
http://jalopnik.com/did-ronald-reagan-and-margaret-thatcher-conspire-to-kil-1245343727
http://jalopnik.com/this-is-an-awesome-lego-delorean-511265200
http://speedmonkey.kinja.com/the-abandoned-delorean-in-the-woods-493950637
http://jalopnik.com/meet-the-dudebro-who-wants-a-delorean-because-he-knows-486246550
http://jalopnik.com/guy-photographing-delorean-photographing-truck-fire-mee-478556386
http://jalopnik.com/the-proposed-delorean-sedan-is-as-coke-tastically-80s-472089598
http://jalopnik.com/the-secret-history-of-the-delorean-that-became-a-lambor-472631160
http://jalopnik.com/used-car-face-off-visions-of-the-future-with-gullwing-454595133
http://jalopnik.com/why-the-volkswagen-beetle-beats-the-delorean-for-spy-du-458442439
http://jalopnik.com/john-z-deloreans-2-18-million-house-sadly-does-not-h-450561328
http://jalopnik.com/5970634/you-can-have-the-1982-delorean-dmc-12-in-any-color-as-long-as-its-stainless-steel
http://jalopnik.com/5955310/this-awesome-babys-marty-mcfly-costume-and-delorean-push-car-is-absolutely-adorable
http://jalopnik.com/5950994/delorean-to-help-mom-throw-amazing-back-to-the-future-birthday-party
http://jalopnik.com/5939624/this-is-definitely-the-cutest-lil-delorean-in-the-world
http://jalopnik.com/5935312/williams-700000-delorean-found-in-what-sounds-like-a-publicity-stunt
http://jalopnik.com/5934803/alert-valet-claims-he-didnt-take-williams-700000-delorean-stay-vigilant
http://jalopnik.com/5934784/william-delorean-hostage-video-is-so-2000late
http://jalopnik.com/5934704/relax-the-valet-had-williams-700000-delorean-the-whole-time
http://jalopnik.com/5933878/a-delorean-hovercraft-appeared-at-last-nights-giants-rockies-game
http://jalopnik.com/5934573/william-desperately-wants-someone-to-return-his-stolen-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5932563/the-electric-delorean-is-not-a-tesla-roadster
http://jalopnik.com/5932190/william-tries-to-explain-to-us-how-his-delorean-is-not-a-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5926370/the-delorean-monster-truck-threatens-to-crush-a-ferrari
http://jalopnik.com/5922591/live-the-dream-behind-the-wheel-of-a-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5921502/the-delorean-limo-is-for-the-time-travelling-partier
http://jalopnik.com/5919274/williams-extremely-illegal-delorean-impounded-by-police
http://jalopnik.com/5898798/the-final-resting-place-of-the-tools-that-birthed-a-time-machine
http://jalopnik.com/5893940/erin-go-vroom-the-delorean-and-irelands-two-other-cars
http://jalopnik.com/5892436/great-scot-mini-flying-delorean-is-best-use-of-quadrotors-to-date
http://jalopnik.com/5881362/bud-light-super-bowl-ad-goes-back-to-the-future
http://jalopnik.com/5873427/why-is-williamsaying-he-built-a-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5873425/william-delorean/
http://jalopnik.com/5870955/delorean-from-back-to-the-future-iii-sells-for-541200
http://jalopnik.com/5861062/delorean-from-back-to-the-future-iii-to-cross-the-auction-block
http://jalopnik.com/5853577/the-winner-of-our-delorean-forza-4-wrap-contest-is
http://jalopnik.com/5852591/design-a-delorean-wrap-in-forza-4-and-well-make-it-real
http://jalopnik.com/5850448/electric-delorean-first-drive
http://jalopnik.com/5850023/this-is-a-brand-new-all-electric-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5834766/doc-brown-goes-back-to-the-future-in-an-argentinian-electronics-store
http://jalopnik.com/5816751/delorean-stars-in-hilarious-back-to-the-future-wedding-spoof
http://jalopnik.com/5807535/robert-bleier-delorean-painter-dead-at-44
http://jalopnik.com/5757855/a-glimpse-inside-the-delorean-factory
http://jalopnik.com/5698368/2010-delorean-nike-dunk-60-first-sprint
http://jalopnik.com/5685440/back-to-the-future-fans-recreate-the-its-the-libyans-scene
http://jalopnik.com/5682370/are-you-telling-me-you-made-a-deloreanout-of-cake
http://jalopnik.com/5677536/want-to-take-your-delorean-back-in-time-you-have-options
http://jalopnik.com/5670378/see-the-delorean-painters-debut-show-this-saturday
http://jalopnik.com/5662103/you-put-what-where
http://jalopnik.com/5634740/the-victorian-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5620802/how-delorean-therapy-eased-my-cancer
http://jalopnik.com/5619580/japans-awesome-scale-delorean-replica
http://jalopnik.com/5600109/why-is-there-a-delorean-in-the-arthur-remake
http://jalopnik.com/5580688/no-marty-mcfly-wont-show-up-in-a-delorean-today
http://jalopnik.com/5577308/student-builds-delorean-hovercraft-by-hand-doesnt-need-roads
http://jalopnik.com/5515205/dual-engine-delorean-up-for-single-engine-sale
http://jalopnik.com/5499297/back-to-the-future-delorean-replica-maker-tackles-bttf-iii/
http://jalopnik.com/5494964/paddy-wagon-for-17000
http://jalopnik.com/5459955/you-can-see-yourself-in-a-mirror-polished-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5435721/how-to-build-a-back-to-the-future-delorean/
http://jalopnik.com/5436293/lord-vader-your-time-machines-arrived-to-take-you-back-to-a-time-when-this-joke-was-funny
http://jalopnik.com/5435552/most-realistic-back-to-the-future-delorean-ever-hits-ebay
http://jalopnik.com/5425612/exclusive-dmc-builds-right-hand-drive-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5419935/delorean-dmc-12-down-on-the-new-york-street
http://jalopnik.com/5403997/video-how-to-disassemble-a-delorean-dmc-12
http://jalopnik.com/5375647/exclusive-delorean-motor-company-contemplating-building-pontiac-solstice
http://jalopnik.com/5338177/crazy-euro-car-boy-meets-delorean-for-first-time
http://jalopnik.com/5305842/repo-man-recovering-delorean-kicked-in-taint-by-michael-jackson-impersonator
http://jalopnik.com/5292516/time-machine-found-in-junkyard-by-hobo-seeking-great-scotch
http://jalopnik.com/5274541/foursome-of-movie-cars-creates-novelty-car-dork-convention
http://jalopnik.com/5227541/evil-clint-gets-a-few-loose-bolts-buys-delorean-and-honda-z600-for-personal-hell-garage
http://jalopnik.com/5215948/engine-of-the-day-prv-v6
http://jalopnik.com/5215795/1982-delorean-dmc-12-project-for-9000
http://jalopnik.com/5103158/top-ten-best-wedge-car-designs-of-the-60s-70s-and-80s
http://jalopnik.com/5103329/automotive-x-prize-contestant-to-build-hover-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/5103111/gizmodo-gallery-delorean-gets-lots-of-ummlooks
http://jalopnik.com/5082044/burnout-paradise-gets-flying-delorean-calls-it-jansen-88-special
http://jalopnik.com/5057811/nice-price-or-crack-pipe-the-100000-electric-de-lorean
http://jalopnik.com/5037857/delorean-fleet-locks-s-foils-into-attack-position-on-woodward-avenue
http://jalopnik.com/397981/the-future-is-back-jalopnik-tours-new-delorean-hq
http://jalopnik.com/397984/the-future-is-back-jalopnik-drives-the-delorean-dmc-12
http://jalopnik.com/376970/ny-times-profiles-vagina-equipped-delorean-owner
http://jalopnik.com/357525/pch-john-z-de-lorean-edition-gto-or-dmc-12
http://jalopnik.com/307985/video-of-a-delorean-dmc-12-crash-test-not-involving-marty-mcfly-and-a-train
http://jalopnik.com/295669/live-the-dream-with-a-new-de-lorean-dmc-12
http://jalopnik.com/293721/first-newly-built-delorean-shown-on-abc-morning-show
http://jalopnik.com/291730/lets-do-the-time-warp-again-the-delorean-will-be-back-in-2008
http://jalopnik.com/264569/el-hombre-secreto-de-lorean-o-volkswagen
http://jalopnik.com/261712/rotarize-your-delorean-get-two-chicks-at-the-same-time
http://jalopnik.com/250954/hey-look-de-loreans-in-california <-They even admit they have a thing for DeLoreans here!
http://jalopnik.com/245932/delorean-motor-company-planning-new-book
http://jalopnik.com/228790/remember-that-one-time-peter-built-a-time-machine-out-of-a-dmc-12
http://jalopnik.com/213556/more-delorean-papers-find-their-way-to-ebay
http://jalopnik.com/161524/you-made-a-tow-truck-out-of-a-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/174269/the-gold-plated-delorean
http://jalopnik.com/176882/dr-brown-come-here-i-need-you-back-to-the-future-replica-delorean-for-sale-on-ebay
http://jalopnik.com/178672/dr-brown-lets-watch-back-to-the-future-mac-mini-in-a-delorean

I didn't even include articles which specifically focused on BTTF or JZD, or where the car was mentioned as a blurb. If I had, this list would be twice as long. Anyone who doesn't think Jalopnik loves DeLoreans is just too sensitive or misinformed.

Timebender
08-26-2015, 01:38 PM
See, here's a perfect example of the Miata being a girl's car.. or a car that goes well with girls.

http://ezrarefael.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DSC_38911.jpg

mr_maxime
08-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Lol, one of the first car a salesman tried to sell me was a seafoam green yaris. I was looking for a civic or accord at a honda dealer and this guy had the audacity to keep trying to sell me this damn yaris. It clearly had a girl owner and was the epitome of girl car, but the salesman still tried to tell me I missed out on this thing refusing to test drive it. It's a decision I never regretted and it baffles me to see men driving these things.

refugeefromcalif
08-26-2015, 08:04 PM
All this talk about Miatas makes me wonder how people think about a guy owning a del Sol. (My sister was it's first owner)... :facepalm:

George