PDA

View Full Version : BTTF Delorean built by DMC CA for sale.

Chris Burns
08-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Automatic car with a modified shifter handle to look like a manual.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC-12-/281780208059?roken=cUgayN

Totally 80s
08-23-2015, 07:48 PM
I always wondered if it would be cheaper to slowly buy all (or most) of the parts needed to make a time machine or to buy one already made. Usually it's cheaper to buy a car that has already had whatever transformation you want done. I may be wrong but $80k seems a bit high for a bttf delorean. I thought I read somewhere that you could buy the stuff for the car for about $20k. That doesn't include labor but it seems like it would be a fun project that wouldn't be that difficult, especially if you were not removing the rear glass.

refugeefromcalif
08-23-2015, 08:19 PM
3 years ago when I bought my car, DMCFl had a time machine replica for sale. At that time Tony wanted $80,000 for it.
That DeLorean had been gone through, (before the conversion), and had a warranty on the car itself. (IIRC)?
$120,000 seems like way TOO much for a replica, (Even for the 30th anniversary of the movie). :hmm:

George

Dangermouse
08-24-2015, 08:59 AM
If any DeLorean prices should rise this year, I would think BTTF cars would be at the peak of demand.

88KPH
08-26-2015, 03:47 AM
Crazy price but very well done. Loving the dry ice.
Anyone know it works? What products used? Can you get a 12v ice machine? Would be great fun.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Timebender
08-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Actually it's a small fog machine that is up in the frunk area along with other controls and the extra batteries. It's then routed to the rear nuclear vents.

Kane
08-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Actually it's a small fog machine that is up in the frunk area along with other controls and the extra batteries. It's then routed to the rear nuclear vents.

Actually, Danny puts the fog machine under the Mr. Fusion and has shorter pipes that route it out of the vents.

Totally 80s
08-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Does anybody have an answer to my question? Is it cheaper to build your own time machine over time or buy one completely done?

DMCMW Dave
08-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Does anybody have an answer to my question? Is it cheaper to build your own time machine over time or buy one completely done?

Yes.

Depends on how you account for your time, how accurate you want to be, how good the car is when you start.

Nicholas R
08-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Yes.

Depends on how you account for your time, how accurate you want to be, how good the car is when you start.

Usually you can give yourself a discount for your own time and labor, haha :wink: I know I would never be able to afford myself if I had to pay full price for my labor. :wrenchin: