PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Delorean at Legendary Motorcar Company.

Chris Burns
09-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Asking 49k for this one.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site2/listing/1981-delorean/

DMC-81
09-02-2015, 07:04 AM
WOW. Flawless.

Dangermouse
09-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Wait for it .............

sdg3205
09-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Wait for it .............

Jonathan
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Ok, wow, so, yea, I think I'm glad I didn't know what I was looking at/gingerly walking around while there!

36434364463644736448364493645036451364523645336445 36444364433643536436364373643836439364403644136442 36454

I went over to this place this morning as it's only about 25 miles from me. It is quite the showroom. Remarkable really. And, man, are they packed in there!

That blue Shelby Cobra you see... yea, the real one, was bargain priced for a cool $995,000. Beauty. And that 2011 Pagani Zonda R that the inventory list shows as "inquire" under the price. As per some other websites, that's a 2+ million dollar car I was trying not to trip over while walking around. Sheesh!

The DeLorean is very, very nice. No kidding. It is VIN 7141, gray interior, manual trans, Nov 81 build, grooved hood/no flap, light gray wheels, Craig radio, no console clock, right front fender antenna (which I thought might be a bit late for this VIN?). They said the car was bought from an estate and the condition it is in is what they received it in. I do not believe they do restos themselves, they simply buy great condition cars and resell them. 1,000 miles on the odometer.

It was displayed as being all original including hoses and rubber. The engine bay is immaculate, but not knowing whether some hoses got replaced or not in actuality, as they look amazing and black and clean. Likely not updated/upgraded in terms of relays/fuses and it has the plastic coolant bottle still. The louvre was about the nicest one I've seen. A very distinct black with no blemishes. I think that's the first DeLorean I've actually second guessed touching in case I left fingerprints.

I'll let you stew over the $49k price tag... knowing it was about the lowest priced car in the building. I did not get to pour over it for very long as they are really sandwiched in there and the guy helping be go behind the ropes likely wouldn't have wanted to supervise me endlessly as I looked over the car in painstaking detail. I didn't look underneath so don't know what the frame looks like. I expect it is as nice as the top if I had to guess.

Pretty fun place to look around at stuff if you are in the area. They take a $5 donation to a charity box at the front door otherwise you can just go look around as you please. Just don't trip over the Pagani.

Domi
09-02-2015, 03:06 PM
I can't believe we can still find some cars in such a great condition nowadays :race:

Dangermouse
09-02-2015, 03:38 PM

Legend.......wait for it............dary

[/Barney]

Dangermouse
09-02-2015, 03:52 PM
The DeLorean is very, very nice. No kidding. It is VIN 7141, gray interior, manual trans, Nov 81 build, grooved hood/no flap, light gray wheels, Craig radio, no console clock, right front fender antenna (which I thought might be a bit late for this VIN?). They said the car was bought from an estate and the condition it is in is what they received it in. I do not believe they do restos themselves, they simply buy great condition cars and resell them. 1,000 miles on the odometer.

It was displayed as being all original including hoses and rubber. The engine bay is immaculate, but not knowing whether some hoses got replaced or not in actuality, as they look amazing and black and clean. Likely not updated/upgraded in terms of relays/fuses and it has the plastic coolant bottle still. The louvre was about the nicest one I've seen. A very distinct black with no blemishes. I think that's the first DeLorean I've actually second guessed touching in case I left fingerprints.

I'll let you stew over the $49k price tag... knowing it was about the lowest priced car in the building. I did not get to pour over it for very long as they are really sandwiched in there and the guy helping be go behind the ropes likely wouldn't have wanted to supervise me endlessly as I looked over the car in painstaking detail. I didn't look underneath so don't know what the frame looks like. I expect it is as nice as the top if I had to guess.

aha, the $59.5k car from Marshall Goodman in OH from October last year.

It was in great condition obviously. but I wonder if Legend...ary bought it from MG, or there has been a private buyer ib between

DMC-81
09-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Legendary Motor Car has a show on Velocity channel. I used to watch it frequently. From what I saw in the show, they do restore cars to a high level..... No corners cut in that shop.

If you're looking for a flawless museum car, then the price is reasonable, in my opinion.