PDA

View Full Version : Delorean sea foam clean

Chris Burns
10-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Not sure if this was a good idea.

Apparently it's supposed to remove carbon build up in the engine...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CM0ywqU9m4o

DMCVegas
10-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Straya!

skill
10-14-2015, 11:37 AM
lol! I've used SF on a different car that had some carbon build-up (Jag x-type 2002) and it made no difference. Useless. Pretty much a waste of money IMO. Cheapest place to get a bottle is at Walmart. Funny video... no need for a smoke machine!

RIUM+
10-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Oh hey, that's me!

I'll be honest with you guys - I only used Seafoam to put on a show for the people around me. Everyone loves a good spectacle. Otherwise I would've used just distilled water, which works almost as well at a fraction of the cost (especially given the price of Seafoam in Aus) but lacking that great smoke effect.

There were some black carbon chunks on the ground below my exhaust when I was done, so it definitely knocked something loose. I'm kinda surprised they made it all the way through our exhaust. Who knows what impact it actually had though, I really just wanted to create some smoke. :p

DMCVegas
10-14-2015, 01:02 PM
There were some black carbon chunks on the ground below my exhaust when I was done, so it definitely knocked something loose. I'm kinda surprised they made it all the way through our exhaust.

If that's true, then your Catalytic Converter is wasted.