PDA

View Full Version : Who did What on the 21st – photos and Poll

Dangermouse
10-20-2015, 12:05 PM
The 21st is a once in a lifetime event, and it seems like every DeLorean in the world is being involved with something BTTF related.

So, I was curious as to how many cars are actually being involved in events.

1. 1. Paid appearance for BTTF replica – you are actually getting hard cash for displaying/driving your BTTF car (including the Lyft thingy)

2. 2. Paid appearance for stock car – you are actually getting hard cash for displaying/driving your standard non-BTTF car (including the Lyft thingy)
3. 3. Unpaid appearance for BTTF replica – you are displaying your BTTF replica at an event without payment (beyond free access/food/drink etc)

4. 4. Unpaid appearance for stock car – you are displaying your standard car at an event without payment (beyond free access/food/drink etc)

5. 5. No action for my BTTF car – I am not displaying my BTTF car for whatever reason

6. 6. No action for my stock car – I am not displaying my car for whatever reason

If you did more than one thing, just pick the most lucrative one :)

I have posted this in a number of places – please only participate in one, so I can get a good number. I’ll report back with the results

It would also be fun to catalog with a photo and description, where everyone’s car was on the 21st

iflights
10-20-2015, 12:16 PM
I won't have any involvement in events paid or unpaid, but I certainly plan on being seen in it as I take the kid to school, get a haircut, check the PO box, grab lunch, etc... Plus, I took the day off to commemorate the event and get behind the wheel.

Project Vixen
10-20-2015, 01:55 PM
I won't have any involvement in events paid or unpaid, but I certainly plan on being seen in it as I take the kid to school, get a haircut, check the PO box, grab lunch, etc... Plus, I took the day off to commemorate the event and get behind the wheel.

Ditto for me, but I will be working. (Mr. Strickland taught me not to be a slacker.)

Alan
10-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Nothing for me. I'm 4,000 miles from 1121. She'll be alone in the garage.

mr_maxime
10-20-2015, 08:22 PM
what about non-stock non-bttf cars? hopefully my black sheep will get love regardless when i drive her tomorrow

Dangermouse
10-20-2015, 10:39 PM
"Standard" in this case is only in reference to its BTTFness ;)

Black, white, green, red are all relatively standard.

Josh
10-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Two radio interviews and party (paid). I tried to get a spot in front of the movie theater that is playing bttf, however they did not seem very interested.

ssaleen
10-21-2015, 08:44 PM
I did nothing because I had to sell both of mine, but I did have the channel 2 news call me because they heard I had one, and wanted to do a shoot with one. I so wish I still had mine:( it's times like this that I really miss mine.

mr_maxime
10-21-2015, 09:11 PM
Drove it around a lot and some people noticed me when i was heading back home. They followed me back to my apt. Guy in the car was a huge fan of BTTF. He said "I even got my hat!" I said "me too!" and pulled mine out. It was a first one he had ever seen.

? ? ? ?
10-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Just drove it to work and let the co-workers pose with it for photos. They had a blast, was a fun day.

David T
10-21-2015, 09:43 PM
My car was on Good Morning America and Laura Spencer sat on the hood!37468

fnzen
10-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Drove mine to work ALL my coworkers came out and got a picture with it!

Drove home on freeway with open doors and an actual LAPD took my pic and tweeted it! found it on twitter feed

rdarlington
10-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Photoshoot at work: http://www.nerdhouse.org/delorean-mag-lab.jpg

-Bob

novadmc
10-22-2015, 06:30 AM
Had mine on the local news early in the day, then took it to a paid event to show it off.
Spent the rest of the day driving around enjoying seeing people happy to see the car.

ccurzio
10-22-2015, 08:16 AM
None of the above. I drove it around and let people take pictures of/with it. None were at any events of any kind.

Dangermouse
10-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Yes, apologies. I dropped the ball with the lack of "drove it around" option, though I still maintain that this was an even in itself on BTTF day :)

Nicholas R
10-22-2015, 08:44 AM
I thought I would be really bummed being in China for this. When I woke up and started the day I thought "this isn't as bad as I thought." For those curious, no, no one here in China had any idea that it was Back to the Future day (though I'm sure it was huge in Japan). Only a handful of the people from the US even mentioned it. After the full day of work with minimal discussion about it, I actually felt like I hadn't missed much. Then I got home from work around 7:30pm (China time), meaning it was 7:30am Eastern time. Thats when it really hit. Being online from 7:30am onward, it got difficult. Seeing the western world explode with BTTF stuff, seeing my friends headed to interviews and driving their cars, reading about the parties or events I was missing, and thinking about the ways I could have spent the day had I been in Florida (I most certainly would have taken the day off work)... that was tough. I finally had to cut myself at 10:30pm (here, am there).

My hope is that the day will turn into one of the, "I remember where I was/I remember what I was doing when..." type days. Hopefully later on, thinking back that I was helping build a Disney park in Shanghai on Oct 21st 2015 will be cool. For now, I'm still pretty bummed about everything I feel like I missed out on. Plus I miss my car a lot.

Sorry to be a downer; it looks like it was an awesome day for so many people! I cannot believe how many people were on the news, on TV, on the radio, etc.! The DeLorean world is going crazy; hell my car blog got over 1000 hits today. Thats more than it gets most months, lol; I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times it's broken 100 in a day, haha. Some of the photos and videos coming out from all the events today look awesome!! Keep the photos and the stories coming!! :thumbup:

ccurzio
10-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Hopefully later on, thinking back that I was helping build a Disney park in Shanghai on Oct 21st 2015 will be cool.

Seriously dude, this. You're in freaking CHINA. That's badass.

I'd take that over a fake movie day any day of the week.

Dangermouse
10-22-2015, 09:10 AM
You know, it dawned on me yesterday, that seemingly everybody, every media organization, every PR company, had created some sort of tie in to the "day", with one noticeable exception

Universal Studios.

I'm surprised we haven't heard of some special event at their parks, or special release DVd or something.

Totally 80s
10-22-2015, 10:58 AM
We hosted the largest BTTF event in Colorado! It was crazy. Lines around the block.

https://www.facebook.com/Totally-80s-Pizza-149395015238968/

Spittybug
10-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Showed the car for a charity event, "Party with a Purpose" for Shield Bearers. They help those affected by sex trafficking. Event raised a couple of thousand for them.

Separately, I am AMAZED at how stupid and or brazen some people are. Even with the bars across the doors, some people CLIMB OVER THEM to get in the car to have their pictures taken. When I went outside to tell them to GTFOOMC, they fake an apology and STAY PUT until their friend finally figures out how to take that 56th picture.... and then have the nerve to try and change places!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost had to kick some asses last night.....

MartyP
10-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Most of the Quebec driver cars and the Time Machine where rented out.

I went to a Talk Show "En Mode Salvail" at Vtele.

Time machine was a morning show "Salut Bonjour" at TVA and then at Festival SPASM for the rest of week I think.

Another car was at a Guzzo cinema in Montreal for a radio CKOI 96.9fm event, and movie projection.

Another one was at a bar called: the Mcfly bar in Quebec city.

Another one was at a radio show Energie 94.3 in the morning.

Another one was at Cineplex Odeon in Quebec city for the movie projection.

I'll post picture soon.

mluder
10-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Did an interview on a local TV news magazine on Monday evening.

Wednesday morning - Photo shoot with Trimet (local transit authroity)
Over 800 likes and counting...
https://www.facebook.com/TriMet/photos/a.484480220472.385243.270344585472/10156232125830473/?type=3

Wednesday afternoon Interview with channel 8 (KGW - NBC local affiliate) for part of a segment they produced on all the BTTF stuff happening in town.

Wednesday evening paid gig - Private party with pics and rides.

Wednesday night wnet to a "so called" BTTF party at a local brewpub. It was like only the staff knew it was going on as no one was in costumes or anything. After eating we pulled the car up in front and everybody came out and started taking pics, etc. Good time.

What a crazy day... Kinda glad it only happens once a lifetime.

Cheers
Steve

DrJeff
10-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Got a copy of the USA Today from yesterday (my Boss brought it into work). Full front page & 3 pages are a mock-up of the USA edition from Oct 21st 2015 (BTTF II).

Some of the headlines...

- Youth Jailed - Martin McFly Junior Arrested for Theft
- Hill Valley Edition
- Cubs sweep series in 5
- Pitcher suspended for bionic arm use, without calibration
- Hollywood to remake "A Match Made in Space"
- People more gullible than ever.

bfloyd
10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Drove it down to the Cool Springs area (south of Nashville) for a paid video shoot for a real estate agent. Longest trip I've been on in my car since I've had it back up and running. 90 mile round trip and no mechanical issues to speak of.

vps3922
10-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Had an interview with a French CBC reporter last Friday. They had a blast. We went to the Michael J Fox theater in Burnaby, BC.

CBC then posted my interview on their website (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/back-to-the-future-day-prompts-b-c-fans-to-celebrate-much-loved-trilogy-1.3282579). They also showed it on French CBC and supposedly English CBC last night (I do not have cable but colleagues told me). I also took the car to work that day and my colleagues instagram made it into the same article.

I just celebrated the day yesterday by taking the car to work, having the ThinkGeek Flux Capacitor flashing and putting a copy of "Save the Clock Tower" into the passenger seat.

Brought it back home afterwards, where it rested save and sound in the garage at the end of the day.

Mark D
10-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Drove my car to work got a few cell phone pictures along the way. Also had date night with my wife going to see BTTF2 playing in theaters at the local Cinema.

I called ahead a few days earlier and let them know I'd be bringing my DeLorean to the showing so they asked me to park it out front for people to look at. Turns out there was also a local news crew there doing a story on BTTF day and the fact that they were showing Part II in theaters. Got interviewed and made it on the news broadcast for a few brief comments.

My other 15 seconds of fame is on the latest blu-ray release of the BTTF trilogy. Included is a special 20 minute version of the "OUTATIME: Saving the DeLorean Time Machine" documentary that covers the restoration of the A car.

mluder
10-22-2015, 04:08 PM
My other 15 seconds of fame is on the latest blu-ray release of the BTTF trilogy. Included is a special 20 minute version of the "OUTATIME: Saving the DeLorean Time Machine" documentary that covers the restoration of the A car.

Special 20 minute version? Is there another version available? Longer or shorter?

Cheers
Steven

Riley88
10-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Waited all year for this day, and of course my ship is out to sea. So here I am out to sea doing nothing, and my cars sitting at home not getting any love :( What a waste

DMCVegas
10-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Waited all year for this day, and of course my ship is out to sea. So here I am out to sea doing nothing, and my cars sitting at home not getting any love :( What a waste

Don't worry. You know what? I'm sure that one day, very soon...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/100142/horatio-sunglasses-o.gif

...your ship will come in!

http://s16.postimg.org/6dhxrnk0l/211859.jpg

SS Spoiler
10-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Invited family and friends over to watch all three movies.
It's fun to blurt out movie lines just before they are said....

Mark D
10-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Special 20 minute version? Is there another version available? Longer or shorter?

Cheers
Steven

The full version is around 60 minutes and will be screened for the first time during the "We're Going Back" event this weekend in LA. It should be available as a stand alone release soon on blu-ray.

More info:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875383448/out-of-time-saving-the-delorean-time-machine/posts/1357053

www.outatimemovie.com

Dangermouse
10-23-2015, 10:38 AM
You know, it dawned on me yesterday, that seemingly everybody, every media organization, every PR company, had created some sort of tie in to the "day", with one noticeable exception

Universal Studios.

I'm surprised we haven't heard of some special event at their parks, or special release DVd or something.

I stand corrected.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/10/photos-back-to-the-future-day-celebrated-at-universal-studios-orlando-with-doc-brown-and-his-delorean/

Looks like they imported a second running car for Doc to drive around in (at the FL location anyway)

(Thanks Chris Burns for the link)

mluder
10-23-2015, 11:57 AM
The full version is around 60 minutes and will be screened for the first time during the "We're Going Back" event this weekend in LA. It should be available as a stand alone release soon on blu-ray.

More info:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875383448/out-of-time-saving-the-delorean-time-machine/posts/1357053

www.outatimemovie.com

Ahhh... I thought the trilogy release had the entire documentary.
Bummer... Well another thing to buy.

Cheers
Steven

DL4567
10-24-2015, 12:27 PM

Universal Studios.

I'm pretty sure Pizza Hut dropped the ball bigtime. I went to their website on the evening of the 21st, and there was absolutely NOTHING about BTTF. Idiots! If they had made a bunch of the small chrome-celophane packages, even if there was just a plain, plastic disc inside to simulate a dehydrated pizza, and included that with any order, they would have had my business for sure. But no. They did NOTHING. :thumbdown:

whocruiser
10-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Had a gig at Lynn University in Boca Raton in the morning/afternoon. They screened a video of a fun skit we had pre-filmed a few weeks earlier featuring the university president and a fellow staff member dressed as Marty & The Doc, which served as an intro at their annual address to faculty, students, and donors, followed by me driving my car out onto the auditorium stage for "Marty" to emerge in full costume and give his speech. Followed up with photo ops outside the auditorium afterwards for attendees. Promo poster & link to the video intro on YouTube are below.

Then in the evening it was down to Miami to park up on the sidewalk for photo ops at a local brew pub's BTTF & 80s party, promo poster for that is below as well.

37510 37511 37512

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llk6TOnt1uw&feature=youtu.be