PDA

View Full Version : Who owns the delorean seen in TV program seen on pbs?

DMC5180
11-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Anyone know who might own a delorean with the Texas plate TIMELS? It's an automatic with wide black stipe.

toyotafreak88
11-05-2015, 01:57 AM
The show is called "The Brain with David Eagleman"

Anyone know who might own a delorean with the Texas plate TIMELS? It's an automatic with wide black stipe.

How did you know it is automatic? I saw it too but wasn't watching carefully. Came here to say hi to the owner and ask what is like (and what they paid off you can say) having PBS hire your car. Unless *gasp* David Eagleman owns it?

DMC5180
11-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Their was one interior shot of the host driving it. The shifter was just visible in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Dennis

hmcelraft
11-05-2015, 11:00 AM
I thought that was Dr. Eagleman's car.

DMCVegas
11-05-2015, 11:55 AM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12621-PBS-Series-quot-The-Brain-quot-Has-Delorean-in-it

lazabby
11-06-2015, 10:08 AM
That was my car. Last year I was contacted by a UK film company about using my car for a film shoot. The person sending me the email happened to have the same name as a friend of mine so I thought the request was from my friend. It wasn't until later that I found out that it was from someone else. Anyway, the filming with the car was done in one day. I was actually driving the car in one film shot but I don't know if it made the final cut. I haven't seen all the PBS broadcasts yet.

I took my own photos and filming during the day but I can't release any of it until the series is over.

I had a good time during the day and was treated well.

Interestingly enough, I went to an accounting event about a month ago and Dr. Eagleman was one of the speakers. I chatted with him briefly before he spoke and he remembered me when I mentioned the Delorean.

DMC5180
11-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't your car the 1 st DCS raffle car from the pigeon forge show.

Dennis

lazabby
11-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't your car the 1 st DCS raffle car from the pigeon forge show.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, That is correct. Funny you mention that. I was in Pigeon Forge last week on vacation. My first visit there.

My car was used in a music video about 10 years ago for some music group whose name I can't remember. I don't think the video went anywhere.

DMC5180
11-06-2015, 11:46 AM
There has been a DCS raffle car every show since then.
We should start a thread for DCS raffle cars where are they now and what kind of post show issues have need to be addressed. By my count that's 5 cars not including the BTTF day drawing.

Dennis

toyotafreak88
11-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Hi Dennis, That is correct. Funny you mention that. I was in Pigeon Forge last week on vacation. My first visit there.

My car was used in a music video about 10 years ago for some music group whose name I can't remember. I don't think the video went anywhere.

Very cool! You WON your car? That's awesome, how much are tickets for drawings like those?

So cool :)

DMC5180
11-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Very cool! You WON your car? That's awesome, how much are tickets for drawings like those?

So cool :)

Your in luck.

Tickets are currently available for the next DCS event now.

www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

Dennis

toyotafreak88
11-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Your in luck.

Tickets are currently available for the next DCS event now.

www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

Dennis

Oh awesome! Thank you. I might buy one. I am broke right now but maybe. 1/1000 odds aren't too terrible, hahaha