PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Time Machine available in NYC December 4-7?

videobob
11-25-2015, 01:44 PM
I have a client looking to rent a Time Machine in downtown SOHO NYC December 4-7th.
If you can do it please contact me.

cpistocco
11-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Hello
I rent out my Delorean from time to time....But mine is not a BTTF conversion.....It is stock (except for some lighting effects). I would travel to NYC if the price were right.
Thanks
Charlie

cpistocco
11-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Hello
I rent out my Delorean from time to time....But mine is not a BTTF conversion.....It is stock (except for some lighting effects). I would travel to NYC if the price were right.
Thanks
Charlie

My tel is 401 749 7010
Thanks
Charlie

cpistocco
12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Hello? Did you receive my response? Could you let me know one way or the other?
Thanks
Charlie

videobob
12-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Hello? Did you receive my response? Could you let me know one way or the other?
Thanks
Charlie

Do you have a Delorean Time Machine or just a Delorean.
I am not interested in a stock Delorean.

cpistocco
12-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Do you have a Delorean Time Machine or just a Delorean.
I am not interested in a stock Delorean.

Hello
My Delorean is stock.....except for some lighting effects. BUT a stock Delorean is better than no Delorean. :)

aotmfilms
12-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Hello
My Delorean is stock.....except for some lighting effects. BUT a stock Delorean is better than no Delorean. :)

Just like a lil piece of a$$ is better than NO piece of a$$ :hysterical:

videobob
12-03-2015, 05:11 PM
There is reason people pay me up to $50,000 to turn their stock Delorean into a Time Machine.
There is a HUGE difference.
I have done 23 of them so far.

cpistocco
12-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Just like a lil piece of a$$ is better than NO piece of a$$ :hysterical:

That is correct !!!!

cpistocco
12-03-2015, 11:31 PM
There is reason people pay me up to $50,000 to turn their stock Delorean into a Time Machine.

If you don't hear from one of those 23 guys within the next 23 hours, then give me a call.
-Charlie

sdg3205
12-04-2015, 02:32 AM
I think what Bob meant to say was "Thank you, Charlie, I appreciate the offer and the quick response, but they were very specific about having a time machine replica as opposed to a nice, stock DeLorean."

mluder
12-04-2015, 03:51 AM
I think what Bob meant to say was "Thank you, Charlie, I appreciate the offer and the quick response, but they were very specific about having a time machine replica as opposed to a nice, stock DeLorean."

:lol:

cpistocco
12-04-2015, 08:17 AM

:)
Dave...
You are a diplomat. I like your style! You should be working in a US embassy somewhere! Maybe there could be world peace.
-Charlie

mluder
12-04-2015, 12:37 PM
:)
Dave...
You are a diplomat. I like your style! You should be working in a US embassy somewhere! Maybe there could be world peace.
-Charlie

Shhh... He's a Canadian...:paranoid:

Cheers
Steven

videobob
12-04-2015, 12:49 PM
If you don't hear from one of those 23 guys within the next 23 hours, then give me a call.
-Charlie

Thank you for the offer to help, I got it covered.

cpistocco
12-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Shhh... He's a Canadian...:paranoid:

Cheers
Steven

Maybe there is a place for him as a Canadian Ambassador!

cpistocco
12-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the offer to help, I got it covered.

You're welcome. Hope all goes well.
-Charlie

aotmfilms
12-07-2015, 03:44 PM

Yep in SPEED :D as how that 700lb increase (without engine upgrade) makes the D move like molasses on a cold Michigan morning. :thumbdown:

I hope that 50k is also to help the suspension/braking/engine to be upgraded. No offense, but with that weight it can't be good for the DeLorean unless some upgrading is going on. Stock: 2,700. BTTF: around 3,500. for a Stock 130hp engine that is a lot of weight. Even with my Stage 1 at 160 hp that would suck entering or exiting traffic.

How does it handle on the road??

Not to criticize but are any of the BTTF vendors looking at lighter components to reduce that weight? 300lb would be preferable to 700lbs. Just asking the question. Reducing the weight of the exhaust? Some of the batteries up front? etc. Then you have to include the weight of the occupants. Two 200lb guys would push that weight to 3,100 and 3,900 respectively. It would be nice to have a time machine with atleast a Stage 2 option (197 hp). Just giving you thoughts since the BTTF craze has died down.

--Doug

videobob
12-08-2015, 05:57 AM
First, let me ask you, where did you come up with a 700lb weight figure?
We do not put that much weight on the car. Maybe less than half of that, which are mostly the batteries in the trunk if you get the fog machine option.
Second, our quality standards have gone up considerably in the last few years, particularly this last year.
In all those little spaces we used to ignore or skimp, we now fill in the gaps with all the details.
Every single little wire, prop, heatsink, badge, decal, anything and everything is there.
After the restoration of the screen used car a lot was learned and archived.
We acquired parts we never had before and made all new molds, templates, jigs, etc.
We began to outsource certain parts so they could be made with precision, metal that is laser, plasma and water cut by CNC machines.
Parts that are crafted out of better materials and in more detail.
We totally remove all the rear windows and install a more screen accurate bulkhead that is sealed and insulated.
What used to be a bundle of wires tied into a battery is now a precision wired fuse box with lighted failure indicators, built in volt meters, hidden USB ports,
additional sound effects, interactive light effects that can be manually activated or automatically set off by a GPS module.
I could go on and on, but I can say with confidence now that the cars we are putting out NOW are as visually appeasing as the A-Car at Universal,
with the addition that all our stuff actually works.

In essence, the A-Car is almost a replica of itself, as most everything on it was replaced with new parts (a few of which were donated by myself)
every wire and clamp on that car is new.
We archived all of that information and we use it when building our replicas, using the A-Car as a guide.
We literally follow the A-Car inch by inch using laminated color photos taken by myself to make our replica match it as much as possible.

As far as the Delorean itself goes, upgrades are up to the buyer, we can work on the car any way they want, but most customers want it as
a display piece and not for driving so this is not an issue.

A lot has changed since I started doing this 10 years ago.
I have learned some hard lessons with these cars in selling them, renting them and owning them for the last 12 years.
It became more important to me to build a quality product than to make a profit, I wanted my work and my legacy to improve.
Also consider that I am running a full time prop shop, a 5000 sqft facility with up to 5 employees working, my overhead ranges from $10K-$20K per month.
So there is a reason for the price increase but the work reflects it.
There are lots of people out there who have followed my lead and they attach stuff to Deloreans.
I feel that I am the only shop that builds true replicas of the Delorean Time Machine and I refuse to take requests or make alterations.
You get it like it was in the movie or you don't get it from me.
Get it?
Thanks for the inquiry.

Yep in SPEED :D as how that 700lb increase (without engine upgrade) makes the D move like molasses on a cold Michigan morning. :thumbdown:

I hope that 50k is also to help the suspension/braking/engine to be upgraded. No offense, but with that weight it can't be good for the DeLorean unless some upgrading is going on. Stock: 2,700. BTTF: around 3,500. for a Stock 130hp engine that is a lot of weight. Even with my Stage 1 at 160 hp that would suck entering or exiting traffic.

How does it handle on the road??

Not to criticize but are any of the BTTF vendors looking at lighter components to reduce that weight? 300lb would be preferable to 700lbs. Just asking the question. Reducing the weight of the exhaust? Some of the batteries up front? etc. Then you have to include the weight of the occupants. Two 200lb guys would push that weight to 3,100 and 3,900 respectively. It would be nice to have a time machine with atleast a Stage 2 option (197 hp). Just giving you thoughts since the BTTF craze has died down.

--Doug

aotmfilms
12-08-2015, 12:04 PM
First, let me ask you, where did you come up with a 700lb weight figure?
We do not put that much weight on the car. Maybe less than half of that, which are mostly the batteries in the trunk if you get the fog machine option.
Second, our quality standards have gone up considerably in the last few years, particularly this last year.
In all those little spaces we used to ignore or skimp, we now fill in the gaps with all the details.
Every single little wire, prop, heatsink, badge, decal, anything and everything is there.
After the restoration of the screen used car a lot was learned and archived.
We acquired parts we never had before and made all new molds, templates, jigs, etc.
We began to outsource certain parts so they could be made with precision, metal that is laser, plasma and water cut by CNC machines.
Parts that are crafted out of better materials and in more detail.
We totally remove all the rear windows and install a more screen accurate bulkhead that is sealed and insulated.
What used to be a bundle of wires tied into a battery is now a precision wired fuse box with lighted failure indicators, built in volt meters, hidden USB ports,
additional sound effects, interactive light effects that can be manually activated or automatically set off by a GPS module.
I could go on and on, but I can say with confidence now that the cars we are putting out NOW are as visually appeasing as the A-Car at Universal,
with the addition that all our stuff actually works.

In essence, the A-Car is almost a replica of itself, as most everything on it was replaced with new parts (a few of which were donated by myself)
We archived all of that information and we use it when building our replicas, using the A-Car as a guide.
We literally follow the A-Car inch by inch using laminated color photos taken by myself to make our replica match it as much as possible.

As far as the Delorean itself goes, upgrades are up to the buyer, we can work on the car any way they want, but most customers want it as
a display piece and not for driving so this is not an issue.

A lot has changed since I started doing this 10 years ago.
I have learned some hard lessons with these cars in selling them, renting them and owning them for the last 12 years.
It became more important to me to build a quality product than to make a profit, I wanted my work and my legacy to improve.
Also consider that I am running a full time prop shop, a 5000 sqft facility with up to 5 employees working, my overhead ranges from $10K-$20K per month.
So there is a reason for the price increase but the work reflects it.
There are lots of people out there who have followed my lead and they attach stuff to Deloreans.
I feel that I am the only shop that builds true replicas of the Delorean Time Machine and I refuse to take requests or make alterations.
You get it like it was in the movie or you don't get it from me.
Get it?
Thanks for the inquiry.

Thank you for the response and the update. I must disagree with those other owners though because I'd drive the piss out of it, so for me sitting as a display piece would not do. As you have said in your videos (especially the one washing it), that it has to be practical so I was wondering what upgrades thru your trials and by talking/following up with those owners have you encountered. Even at half the weight I stated, 350 lbs is still noticeable on a 130 hp car (mine: 160). The thing is going to move like a slug, that is not a tag against you. The car would move like a slug if I threw that much weight on it.

I was just wondering if you have a working relationship with DMCH or someone that is capable of performing some of those upgrades?

The reason why I ask is because I drive around the Detroit Metro Area raising funds for Cancer Research and Awareness via Car Shows, gigs, cruise ins etc. I try to bring a little bit of Hollywood to those that may not get a chance like you or me to go to Hollywood. The Car has to be as visually appealing sitting as it is moving. If I get beat by a golf cart or an old lady in a walker it will not help my image nor the image of my foundation. My current setup allows me to at least be respectable on the road (see my signature). So I need three things, the build quality to be high, not necessarily movie spot on as how most people out there don't really know the difference, the DeLorean to be respectable in speed, and (as you have shown in your videos) easy to maintain/getting parts for the BTTF stuff.

--Doug

sdg3205
12-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Bob, given the Delorean has a GVW of 3100 lbs, legally do you get around this? With 350 lbs of extra "stuff" that leaves little room for passengers. It is categorized differently as a prop or something?

mluder
12-08-2015, 08:37 PM

Hey, Bob... Not to derail this thread but you've opened an opportunity I had been wanting to ask anyone associated with the A Car about. Do you know anything about the tires they put on that car... They're Goodyear Eagle GTs according to the picture. Were they able to source new old stock or different size from stock?

Just curious as I need new tires and would love to have raised white letters in matching set.

Cheers
Steven

videobob
12-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Unfortunately, the Delorean IS a slug.
It has less horsepower than the average compact.
A 1986 Ford Taurus will kick its ass.
That said, it is up to you to upgrade the car.
DMCH has some unique options for getting almost twice the power from your stock DMC.
You can upgrade the suspension, the brakes, tires, whatever you want.
It's up to you and your budget.
My personal car has been fine tuned by Mr. Dave Swingle and he did a great job at it, it runs perfect and will do a mild burn out.
It has had some other upgrades here and there, it runs great and I stunt drive it all the time for video shoots, which is nuts considering the 25 year old original Goodyear Eagles I am rolling on.

Again to address the weight, I would say without the fog machine option, we only add about 200 lbs. tops.
With the fog machine kit and two extra batteries about another 120lbs or so.
You also need to consider we ditch some weight by removing the rear louvers, rear windows, spare tires, tool kit and a few other little things.
This is equal to a chubby friend and some luggage. Not that big of a deal! - lol

It's a small price to pay for the cool factor.
If you look at how the lives of my customers have changed since buying a car from me, that is obvious.
Look at how many of my cars and owners have been featured in news articles, TV shows, documentaries and etc.
There aren't many things you can BUY that will do that for you.

Rather than spending $100K plus on a USED sports car that no will care about, you can spend less and get a car that is
one of the most iconic movie cars of all time.

Thank you for the response and the update. I must disagree with those other owners though because I'd drive the piss out of it, so for me sitting as a display piece would not do. As you have said in your videos (especially the one washing it), that it has to be practical so I was wondering what upgrades thru your trials and by talking/following up with those owners have you encountered. Even at half the weight I stated, 350 lbs is still noticeable on a 130 hp car (mine: 160). The thing is going to move like a slug, that is not a tag against you. The car would move like a slug if I threw that much weight on it.

I was just wondering if you have a working relationship with DMCH or someone that is capable of performing some of those upgrades?

The reason why I ask is because I drive around the Detroit Metro Area raising funds for Cancer Research and Awareness via Car Shows, gigs, cruise ins etc. I try to bring a little bit of Hollywood to those that may not get a chance like you or me to go to Hollywood. The Car has to be as visually appealing sitting as it is moving. If I get beat by a golf cart or an old lady in a walker it will not help my image nor the image of my foundation. My current setup allows me to at least be respectable on the road (see my signature). So I need three things, the build quality to be high, not necessarily movie spot on as how most people out there don't really know the difference, the DeLorean to be respectable in speed, and (as you have shown in your videos) easy to maintain/getting parts for the BTTF stuff.

--Doug

videobob
12-09-2015, 02:03 AM
I don't know the story of those tires, I got mine from someone who had been storing them in a basement in Chicago and I drive on them all the time.
However, I am working on a solution for this, a cover that simulates the sidewalls.

Hey, Bob... Not to derail this thread but you've opened an opportunity I had been wanting to ask anyone associated with the A Car about. Do you know anything about the tires they put on that car... They're Goodyear Eagle GTs according to the picture. Were they able to source new old stock or different size from stock?

Just curious as I need new tires and would love to have raised white letters in matching set.

Cheers
Steven

aotmfilms
12-14-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't know the story of those tires, I got mine from someone who had been storing them in a basement in Chicago and I drive on them all the time.
However, I am working on a solution for this, a cover that simulates the sidewalls.

Why not try and stencil them on? I know you'd almost have to get them perfect but still. 25 year old tires? How much mileage do you put on a year? 2,000 miles? 500? Just curious. or to you trailer it to all events? It looks like you took your car to Indy in one of your videos and drove it around the track or was that a client car?