PDA

View Full Version : John Hervey on Fast N' Loud tonight

iflights
12-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Just watched a special 2 hour episode. Not a Delorean-specific episode, but there were 2 cars + John Hervey tonight.

DMCMW Dave
12-11-2015, 12:10 AM
If you happened to DVR it, go back to the beginning and slo mo thru the scene in the Hotwheels designers office.

He's on this message board!

Here's a shot - look upper right. Sorry, it's a iphone shot of the TV.

Lou and "Boo"
12-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Where can I catch this episode? Do they interview Hervey? Is he cranky?

Timebender
12-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Can't wait for this to show up on Hulu- why have Hervey and also the Hot Wheels guy if it's not DeLorean related??

iflights
12-11-2015, 10:53 AM
If you happened to DVR it, go back to the beginning and slo mo thru the scene in the Hotwheels designers office.

He's on this message board!

Here's a shot - look upper right. Sorry, it's a iphone shot of the TV.

Looks like one of the finest collections of Deloreans around. I wonder if the shear number of cars in that display indicates the true number of variations of the cars they have produced. If that's the case, I've let a few slip through my fingers.

vtdmc
12-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Can't wait for this to show up on Hulu- why have Hervey and also the Hot Wheels guy if it's not DeLorean related??

Gas Monkey bought a DeLorean for $3,000 and claim to have sold it to John for $12,000.

Timebender
12-13-2015, 02:21 PM
I remember them buying one but then selling it as they felt it was way too much work.

awildermode
12-13-2015, 04:39 PM
I have not watched this yet, as I do not have cable. :(

The Hot Wheels segment was shot in late August. There should be a shot of the parking lot with employee cars, we all brought our 'special' cars that day for the shoot. My car was parked between a turquoise Cougar and dark green Mustang, not sure if that shot made the cut.

Dave and Julee sent me some screen shots with Richard in my cubical. Thanks, Dave and Julee! There is a DeLorean poster above my monitor along with the DMC grille on the cubical wall. At least my segment made the cut ;)

I had no idea that John Hervey and DeLoreans were going to be featured in the same show as well. Perhaps if the production team knew, they could have featured my car as well :)

DMCMW Dave
12-13-2015, 09:03 PM
There should be a shot of the parking lot with employee cars, we all brought our 'special' cars that day for the shoot. My car was parked between a turquoise Cougar and dark green Mustang, not sure if that shot made the cut.
:)

I don't recall any of that showing up.

mluder
12-14-2015, 08:20 PM
There should be a shot of the parking lot with employee cars, we all brought our 'special' cars that day for the shoot.

So this sparked a question... Are people that work at Hot Wheels mostly just designers who found a job or are most of you really into cars?
Also, would you say many of them own full size collector cars themselves?

Cheers
Steven

12-14-2015, 09:46 PM
Hot wheels designer? Is there a thread on this?

awildermode
12-15-2015, 12:24 AM
So this sparked a question... Are people that work at Hot Wheels mostly just designers who found a job or are most of you really into cars?

Cheers
Steven

Most Designers in Hot Wheels have a Transportation Design background with experience in the car design industry, the rest have some sort of Product Design background. Most of the Designers have at least one collector car in their garage. I believe there is a Hot Wheels version of every Designers' cars (meaning year, make, model, colour, even deco), so far, usually designed by the Designer himself.

mluder
12-15-2015, 02:31 AM
Most Designers in Hot Wheels have a Transportation Design background with experience in the car design industry, the rest have some sort of Product Design background. Most of the Designers have at least one collector car in their garage. I believe there is a Hot Wheels version of every Designers' cars (meaning year, make, model, colour, even deco), so far, usually designed by the Designer himself.

These are the words I wanted to hear...
Very cool!

Cheers
Steven

Dangermouse
12-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Hot wheels designer? Is there a thread on this?

Buried in the main "Hot Wheels" thread, there is some good stuff from Manson (awildermode), the HW designer (and D owner) behind all of the HW cars :race:

Timebender
12-15-2015, 05:13 PM

Cheers
Steven

If they're anything like my buddy who works for, COUGH, Hasbro, they probably had a butt-load of Hot Wheels growing up and weaseled their way into a job there. (He had every GI Joe toy that ever came out, and thus got a job being in charge of GI Joe).

(of course I'm kidding about the Hot Wheels designers..)

Timebender
12-15-2015, 05:19 PM

I'd love to see a 1970 Ford Ranchero Super Cobra Jet in burnt orange with the yellow fade side stripes and "Boss" on the hood, black tonneau cover over the bed, and a tiny Hurst shifter inside.

dustybarn
12-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Awesome! I suspected that might be the case. So many of the HW cars, like the Datsun 510, Mustang I, and Esprit S1 will only really appeal to grownup car buffs.

While we're wishing, I'd love a low-windshield Datsun 311....