PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Campaign

DMCNIR
12-12-2015, 06:33 AM
I know some people will have negative opinions on this but here goes.

I am raising money to buy a DeLorean from North America, ship it to Northern Ireland and restore it. I'm documenting the whole thing through Facebook and Twitter. When the funding reaches enough to buy a DeLorean in need of help. I will be adding a youtube channel to the list.

https://www.facebook.com/saveadelorean/
https://www.gofundme.com/deloreanbelfast
https://twitter.com/saveadelorean

Michael
12-12-2015, 07:13 AM
I know some people will have negative opinions on this...

You got that right.

Domi
12-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Good luck on your project :wink:

Horsebox
12-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Saving a Delorean is a great idea.

Can I ask though, when you have completed the project and you have £25k of other people's money sunk into it, what are you planning to do with it?

davidc89
12-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Keep in mind, the cost of restoring a DeLorean can get pretty spendy.

sdg3205
12-12-2015, 01:54 PM
I think it's great you'd like to restore DeLoreans and bring them back to Belfast but I'm afraid I just don't see this as a cause worthy of donations.

How does this help your local economy as stated on the Facebook page? Aren't you doing the work yourself or is the donation money going to pay a local shop? Your parts are going to be sourced from outside the country, too.

Junker and project deloreans are at an all time high cost. I bought my project DeLorean in 2009 for under $12k. I see cars in much worse shape being sold for $20k at the moment.

Why should North Americans donate to send cars overseas? I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm interested to know more about your intentions. For instance, you speak in plurals; are you going to sell the cars and re-invest? Do your investors expect a dividend of sorts?

Michael
12-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Keep in mind, the cost of restoring a DeLorean can get pretty spendy.

So what? He isn't paying for it.

I think this kind of crap is the lowest rung of entitlement and anyone who gives money so someone can buy a freaking dream car completely misses the idea of charity.

THIS IS NOT CHARITY. If you guys need truly worthy causes to donate to I will be happy to provide links.

davidc89
12-12-2015, 03:58 PM

I think this kind of crap is the lowest rung of entitlement and anyone who gives money so someone can buy a freaking dream car completely misses the idea of charity.

THIS IS NOT CHARITY. If you guys need truly worthy causes to donate to I will be happy to provide links.

I'm not saying I disagree...

I am just saying that depending on how much they buy a car for and whats wrong with it, it could end up costing a lot more. If people are willing to support his cause, good for them. But I don't really see an end goal to get people to back it, other than he gets a DeLorean for nothing.

Ron
12-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Seems, given the general consensus that it usually costs 25K to make a "Daily Driver" regardless of its initial cost, the project would be in the hole by the transport cost plus cost to upgrade it to "Restored"...:headscratch:

88KPH
12-12-2015, 07:41 PM

Who are you to say what is a worthy cause. Its just your opinion. Thankyou.

Soundkillr
12-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Oh boy.....moving this to open discussion. I wish you the best of luck here, but usually these things don't get off the ground. That or the thread gets locked....

Michael
12-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Who are you to say what is a worthy cause. Its just your opinion. Thankyou.

I never implied it was anything more than "just my opinion" and remember just being a member means I am one of the people he asked for money, so I do get to have an opinion if that's OK with you, (actually even if it isn't OK I don't care).

This IN MY HUMBLE OPINION is not a worthy cause, or even a helping hand. It is a handout. We are not talking about someone needing a car to get back and forth to work here. We are talking about someone who wants a dream car and it probably is not unlike another member who wanted a DeLorean by receiving handouts because he didn't want to work. I have no problem with people asking for money for necessities, in fact I support such causes with vigor. We are required to be generous. Helping people who are in need is a blessing in itself, but helping someone who "needs" a DeLorean?? Who NEEDS a dream car? Asking for such, (and being serious about it) takes a lot of gall and it does in fact piss me off that people that void of taste and character are becoming more of the rule rather than the exception.

But by all means, if you want to give your money on this truly worthy cause please then go ahead and give till it hurts. Put your money where your mouth is.

12-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I know some people will have negative opinions on this but here goes.

I am raising money to buy a DeLorean from North America, ship it to Northern Ireland and restore it. I'm documenting the whole thing through Facebook and Twitter. When the funding reaches enough to buy a DeLorean in need of help

I've seen worse gofund me's. And if it works, you're smarter than the rest of us!

But i'm not sure you'll raise much money here where we have our Deloreans to invest in.

DMCNIR
12-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I knew this would stir opinion.

Just wanted to say a few things.

The £25k is in Pounds Sterling at current exchange rates thats $38k US or $50k CAD.

I realise parts will have to be bought from the USA. There is simply no getting around that.

I understand that Americans may not support exporting DeLoreans. But there are nearly 70 million residents in the UK and Ireland that may support the campaign. A

The work will be carried out by local mechanics not myself.

When completed the car will be driven to shows and made available for charity appearances. Not parked in a garage and bubble wrapped.

As a few others have said everyones opinion of a "good cause" is different. There are plenty of people donating money to preservation of buildings.

And lastly. Donation is entirely voluntary, people can donate a £1, £100 or nothing. I won't feel offended.

DMCNIR
12-12-2015, 09:15 PM
I've seen worse gofund me's. And if it works, you're smarter than the rest of us!

But i'm not sure you'll raise much money here where we have our Deloreans to invest in.

A great point made there! lol

Like I said you are under no obligation to donate. But maybe forum members would like to follow the progress or support the campaign by "like" and "share" on Facebook or a Retweet on Twitter

DrJeff
12-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Perhaps the car should become the property of a charitable trust, with a governing board that would ensure its continued and effective use for charitable purposes.

Nicholas R
12-12-2015, 10:11 PM
There are plenty of people donating money to preservation of buildings.

Those are usually one of a kind buildings, often with significant historical value, which the community gets to continue to enjoy.

If your goal was to get a car into a museum or something, maybe this would make sense. But a car for you to own and drive as you wish? Don't you think this is a little different?

mr_maxime
12-12-2015, 11:25 PM
I dont really understand this either. Has asking for handouts to purchase "luxury" items ever really worked?

88KPH
12-13-2015, 05:02 AM
You should go to our local social housing estate, there are more 60" LED TV's and SKY dishes, than you can point a stick at!! :lol:

Ron
12-13-2015, 03:19 PM

The £25k is in Pounds Sterling at current exchange rates thats $38k US or $50k CAD.
Point taken!..OK, I'll help-
Get $35K USD cash in my hand an I'll sell you mine AS IS, WHERE IS.
See it in my albums...Seems you would have lots of money left over after shipping and very little if anything to do to it.

refugeefromcalif
12-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Get $35 USD cash in my hand an I'll sell you mine AS IS, WHERE IS.

Ron, I'll give you $40 USD cash for your car. :tongue2:

(I think you forgot the K part)...

George

Ron
12-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Ron, I'll give you $40 USD cash for your car. :tongue2:

(I think you forgot the K part)...

George
:rofl: Dang! -- I'm glad I didn't say something like "anybody", or you would have had me bigtime!

Thanks George!

davidc89
12-13-2015, 04:34 PM
:rofl: Dang! -- I'm glad I didn't say something like "anybody", or you would have had me bigtime!

Thanks George!

You would just have to make it up in the handling fees...

Ron
12-13-2015, 07:22 PM
You would just have to make it up in the handling fees...I'm sure it would have been sold already... ;-)

DMCNIR
12-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Sold! lol The campaign has raised £85 so far. I'll stick the shipping on my credit card

Dangermouse
12-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Words fail me.

Why would anyone here donate money to this cause. We know nothing about you, not even your name. Even if you raise 1000 pounds, whoosh, it's gone, as are you, and you are on a luxury holiday somewhere.

There is no need for a "charity" to restore these cars, nor "Bring them Back". They are hardly stranded far from home without anyone to help. Any one that comes for sale, except the most expensive, is snapped up by eager future owners in the States or around the world.

You say that American owners won't want to fund this project, but there are 70 million British and Irish that would. Then post your thread over at deloreans.co.uk, deloreaneurotec.uk or delorean.ie and see how you get on. My guess is "poorly" as those guys have worked and earned and saved up for their cars and are unlikely to just hand you out money, money they may need for their maintenance etc. I imagine the guy whose photo you stole for your FB page header (of his car in front of Samson & Goliath) will be particularly pleased.

dmcjohn
12-14-2015, 09:54 AM
This appears to be run by a guy called Nick Wilson, a wedding photographer from Muckamore, Co. Antrim. Or, it is his relative Clark Wilson who is based in Whistler, Canada. Or maybe both of them?

Not sure how GoFund me works - but if they don't reach the $25k goal, do they still keep whatever they received below that point?

Words fail me also - except maybe the word "shameless".

Words fail me.

Why would anyone here donate money to this cause. We know nothing about you, not even your name. Even if you raise 1000 pounds, whoosh, it's gone, as are you, and you are on a luxury holiday somewhere.

There is no need for a "charity" to restore these cars, nor "Bring them Back". They are hardly stranded far from home without anyone to help. Any one that comes for sale, except the most expensive, is snapped up by eager future owners in the States or around the world.

You say that American owners won't want to fund this project, but there are 70 million British and Irish that would. Then post your thread over at deloreans.co.uk, deloreaneurotec.uk or delorean.ie and see how you get on. My guess is "poorly" as those guys have worked and earned and saved up for their cars and are unlikely to just hand you out money, money they may need for their maintenance etc. I imagine the guy whose photo you stole for your FB page header (of his car in front of Samson & Goliath) will be particularly pleased.

jwrayth
12-14-2015, 10:00 AM
You really want to save a car? Save up the money yourself and stop being so entitled, then buy this former middle-eastern one in Scotland and restore it (http://www.deloreanclub.uk/delorean-for-sale-vin-11789.html).

I'm always amazed that these "campaigns" appear at all, and that people like you have the gall to post on club forums. You like the car but not enough to work hard and save for it, so you'd rather insult those who did by encouraging them to spunk their money up the wall on your entitlement. If you don't even have the willpower to save for the vehicle then I doubt you'll ever be able to restore one.

DMCVegas
12-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Loomis Simmons is real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfA7VzzLmS0

I mean, I know that things like this have worked in the past when people have asked for college funding and whatnot, though that was for self-improvement, so there is that...

Timebender
12-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Not sure how GoFund me works - but if they don't reach the $25k goal, do they still keep whatever they received below that point?

In a word, yes. Unlike Kickstarter or some other crowdfunding site, where you have to reach your goal to get funded, Gofundme works on the principle of an ongoing funding campaign. As soon as any money is donated, it goes straight to that persons bank account. So let's say you have an ongoing charity that you've set up to help families in need - Gofundme is great in that you don't have to wait weeks or whatever to get something to then give to a family in need. And sometimes people use it to help pay medical bills and use it to make it easier for family and friends to donate.

His campaign should be more of a Kickstarter thing with a monetary goal. If he reaches it, then he has to do it and in turn give something back - either T-shirts (for the $5 dollar donations) or a trip and stay in Belfast (for the big donations), a ride in the car when it's done - SOME kind of incentive. And if he doesn't reach his goal, nothing lost on anyones part and he has to find some other way to fund his dream - like get a bank loan, or save up enough money, or get his family to invest.

mr_maxime
12-14-2015, 08:38 PM
I really dont understand the idea of "saving" deloreans or any classic car really. The vin registry lists 63 as being in museums. Another reason why I dont care about modifying my car. Its not like most things on the road, but it's not like there arent good stock examples already on display and in collections. I'd be more willing to support saving one from a crusher to part it out among the community.

SIMid
12-15-2015, 07:08 PM
I initially thought the car already belonged to you, but you had to ship it back to Ireland as it was stuck there or something. Didn't realize that you wanted people to fund you to purchase the car for your own enjoyment, than to bring it to Ireland, restore it and then charity auction it off.

"Save a DeLorean and Send it Home!" should be titled "Buy me a Delorean and pay for my shipping!"

Sorry man, but I don't even offer my best mate $$$ to buy his dream car.

DMCNIR
12-17-2015, 09:17 AM
I didn't go down the kickstarter route for that very reason. They have deadlines. I don't. If it takes two years, so be it.

I also do have incentives on the gofundme site and I have the flexibility to add more if I wish.

Its run by myself Clark. Im living in Whistler at the minute. That postcode is my home address back in NI.

I have never in my lifetime seen a DeLorean move on the roads of Ireland. My first time I did was the Belfast reunion this year. Might be different in North America? I want to put one back on the road not sit in a museum or in someones garage. The Northern Irish are extremely passionate about this car and immensely proud they built it. They have also been very supportive of the idea. I have had one interview with a national paper so far and one to be done in the coming days.

There was a store in Belfast charging money just to sit in a DeLorean.

Do you pay for tv, buy magazines, buy newspapers? Well I'll be running a Facebook page, twitter account and hopefully a youtube channel for free. Donation to show your appreciation and help fund the car is welcomed but by no means forced. There are plenty of blogs, forums, youtube channels etc asking for donations.

Am I going to run off with the money? Yes. Im going to run off and buy a DeLorean, send it back to Belfast, Restore it and put it on the road for the country to enjoy. It will be driven to events all over the country for the public to enjoy.

Will I make the £25000 target? Yes. I'll be putting up my own hard earned cash into the project as well.

Our you buying me a car? Well my name will be on the title, but your buying the people of Northern Ireland the chance to see one of these on the road. I'm not asking for £25k from any one individual. You can donate £5 thats half the price of a packet of Cigarettes or the price of a pint in NI.

Will the photographer be annoyed I used his photo? I have no idea. If he wants credit for it, or removal I am happy to do either. The gofundme page has had over 500 hits. The Facebook page has had over 1200 clicks. Pretty good promotion for him if you ask me.

Support it if you wish if not, I'm not offended. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

dn010
12-17-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm curious what the youtube channel will be used for?

Jonathan
12-17-2015, 10:35 AM
How old are you there, sport? You sound like you're probably still in your teens.

Good for you to have some ambition, if that's what you want to call having the nerve to put together your "campaign." You might want to refocus some of that ambition in a direction where you actually earn what you get. Asking isn't earning and it isn't related to any kind of effort either.

Maybe this is a more socially acceptable version of panhandling? It doesn't seem a lot different than a bum on the street corner asking for spare change 'cause he's down on his luck. My guess though is that you aren't hurting for the necessities of life, and are only too lazy to earn anything above what your allowance will buy you.

This reeks of that kid a few years ago that found the "abandoned" DeLorean and went over the fence in the winter to video it and then muster up support to help him get it signed over into his name because the actual owner clearly didn't deserve to own the car and let it sit there like that. What was the line from BTTF that went with that kid? "He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too." Seems to me like this is another one of those.

88KPH
12-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Can't see how its idiotic to get a abandoned car legally signed over to you. If I'd known that was possible I may of tried the same thing.
Everyone here seems to be getting angry with the wrong thing.
If you don't agree with abandoned cars being signed over...... Change the law.
If you think this guy is lazy and taking the pi$$ asking for you financial help....... Don't give him any financial help.
Simples........

dn010
12-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Only it was not abandoned if I remember correctly...
It was sitting on someone's yard not running and neglected but not abandoned.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonathan
12-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Yea, Dan remembers.

That discussion, and this one too, was around entitlement and not what the law says you can and can't do. At some point we all might realize there ain't going to be a cop on every corner watching what you do and handing out tickets, and because of that, maybe conclude there are a few things in life you need to self govern. Your own president made that same statement over 200 years ago. Look it up.

DMCVegas
12-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Can't see how its idiotic to get a abandoned car legally signed over to you. If I'd known that was possible I may of tried the same thing.
Everyone here seems to be getting angry with the wrong thing.
If you don't agree with abandoned cars being signed over...... Change the law.

If the city seizes property, they can then liquidate it. Sometimes by auction, sometimes by cash offer(s) from private buyers. My father did that 20 something years ago with a trailer. He saw it sitting at the old dog pound in Burbank, behind the water treatment plant. Anyways, there was this massive travel trailer there. The damn thing was so old, the tires were from the 1960's. Anyway, he saw it, and had plans for tearing it down to the frame and possibly rebuilding it as a storage trailer to flip. So he went to city hall, spoke with some people who didn't even know that this thing was sitting on their property, and said they'd send out someone to survey it. In the mean time he just wrote up and signed a brief letter stating the trailer's location, a description, and and a cash offer to buy the thing for $100.

A month later he got an official letter accepting his offer, and a total due that included sales tax and where to remit payment. He was so excited, and my mother was rather surprised... and disappointed when she saw it.

Let's just say that as bad as everyone complains about mice droppings and nests that you've had to clean out of cars you're restoring, you got lucky. Because no one ever says, "Hey guys. the PO was a homeless crackwhore that ate garbage and dog food in here. What's the best way to safely remove literal piles of human feces, as well as used condoms & crack pipes from the carpet?" Spiders? Mice? No problem. I've seen some shit that was far worse...

Anyways, getting back to the point... Yeah, this entitlement thing of wanting to start finding a way to legally steal people's property because you want it is just wrong on so many levels, and exactly why I don't tell anyone where my car is stored at.

88KPH
12-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Sorry I haven't got a president. I have a un-elected monarch, and over the years they have said & done many outrageous things. :wink:
I am un-aware of the story, but you seem to be saying, it was done legally. Either the law is wrong or wasn't implemented correctly. Making the action illegal.

88KPH
12-18-2015, 12:21 PM
If the city seizes property, they can then liquidate it. Sometimes by auction, sometimes by cash offer(s) from private buyers. My father did that 20 something years ago with a trailer. He saw it sitting at the old dog pound in Burbank, behind the water treatment plant. Anyways, there was this massive travel trailer there. The damn thing was so old, the tires were from the 1960's. Anyway, he saw it, and had plans for tearing it down to the frame and possibly rebuilding it as a storage trailer to flip. So he went to city hall, spoke with some people who didn't even know that this thing was sitting on their property, and said they'd send out someone to survey it. In the mean time he just wrote up and signed a brief letter stating the trailer's location, a description, and and a cash offer to buy the thing for $100.

A month later he got an official letter accepting his offer, and a total due that included sales tax and where to remit payment. He was so excited, and my mother was rather surprised... and disappointed when she saw it.

I really can't see a problem with this. A wreak that has been parked on public land for 30 (?) years, rent free, where a law abiding citizen would be having to pay storage fees. And the original owner would be aggrieved by it being moved? Really?
If the state charged the owner only a dollar a day storage, who would owe who money?

Dangermouse
12-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Any of you old timers remember a guy starting a kickstarter campaign to convert his car into a BTTF replica

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7189-quot-Rakoon-to-the-Future-quot-Time-Machine-Conversion-KICKSTARTER-Campaign&highlight=rakoon

According to the Kickstarter page, he actually raised $451 or the $5k needed.

Having said that, he did indeed convert his car into a replica and was heavily promoting it prior to 10/21, presumably getting the money from somewhere else.

DMCVegas
12-18-2015, 01:31 PM
I really can't see a problem with this. A wreak that has been parked on public land for 30 (?) years, rent free, where a law abiding citizen would be having to pay storage fees. And the original owner would be aggrieved by it being moved? Really?
If the state charged the owner only a dollar a day storage, who would owe who money?

In a case like that, absolutely. But when you start going into people's back yards and whatnot and try to file complaints against them with the sole intention of a hostile acquisition of their property, that is where I draw the line.

Vegas had this a few years ago where they were going to start limiting the number of vehicles private individuals could park on their own property. Now I totally understand the reasoning behind all of this; they wanted to protect the watershed from being polluted by toxic fluids leaking from cars. But to just start fining people in addition to the threat of towing cars is what people were against. So the compromise was reached that people could keep their cars as long as they prepped them for long-term storage by draining all fluids. Which I feel is totally fair. And again, yes, there are legitimate reasons for such regulations, but we need to make certain they're not used in improper manners.

What I wouldn't want however is someone who sees my car on private property, wants to take it, and then files a complaint with the city or county to abuse an ordinance to have my vehicle seized so that they can buy it without either my consent nor compensation. And what I was demonstrating with my story was how you *can* buy property from the city once they have acquired it. I've no idea if that original trailer was donated, impounded, or abandoned, but it did end up being owned by the city. Once they had it, they could sell it, and my father was able to get a clean title for it no problem.

cravings
12-18-2015, 02:56 PM
this thread (http://www.delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=321) on the irish delorean forum counts about 80 to 85 in ireland.

i'm also curious about how old you are. don't want that question to be insulting in itself.. but you're asking people to give you £25,000 to buy the car that you like.. you have to answer their questions about who you actually are etc. and really, this whole "campaign" has a very very inexperienced feel to it.

i don't see how anyone could percieve the car as being for anyone other than you. you'd have a better chance if you proposed fundraising to buy a cheap car, doing it up yourself, and auctioning the completed car and giving the profits to a worthy charity or some other approach.

you're sort of dressing this up as something benevolent, but really, you just want to have a cool car you can't afford. i'll say good luck though. but.. this won't work. heh.

no hard feelings intended.

Michael
12-18-2015, 04:51 PM

Seriously? It's not enough you want a free dream car to fix up and restore but you want 38k to buy it with? Not asking for much huh? 33k damn near buys a concours DeLorean or at the very least an exceptional DeLorean and still leaves you 5k to transport it to your front door. What are you going to do to "restore" a 33k dollar Delorean, dust it off and clean the windows?

Just another example of your refusal to earn anything. Just like Burns turning his nose up at a primo Delorean and 50k a year salary because he might have to break a sweat for it, you are wanting enough money to buy a perfect DeLorean so you will not have to be bothered by the work required to restore it.

You people make me sick.

PS: DeLoreans are more at home here than Ireland. They were built for the American market.

jwrayth
12-19-2015, 05:26 PM
I want to put one back on the road not sit in a museum or in someones garage.

Our you buying me a car? Well my name will be on the title, but your buying the people of Northern Ireland the chance to see one of these on the road.

Would you like to pay for all the DeLoreans coming over for Eurofest this summer then? It'd be a drop in the bucket compared to what you are asking, would achieve the same goal and doesn't even paint you as greedy for wanting others to buy you a car!

No? Well, stop kidding yourself and pretending like this is for "the people of Northern Ireland". There are plenty of DeLoreans on the road in the UK and Ireland, you just aren't prepared to do the hard work and earn it like the rest of us.

Jonathan
04-11-2016, 02:22 PM
The entitlement subject has come up recently in a few different threads, but didn't feel posting this link in those threads made sense.

It was in one of our national magazines recently and talked about the "gimme, gimme, gimme" entitlement approach to Kickstarter and crowdfunding types campaigns.

Here's the link: http://www.macleans.ca/society/technology/is-it-time-to-consider-crowdfundings-true-cost/

ccurzio
08-07-2016, 08:32 AM
I didn't go down the kickstarter route for that very reason. They have deadlines. I don't. If it takes two years, so be it.

Actually it's more likely you didn't choose Kickstarter because if the project doesn't get funded, you don't get any money at all. GoFundMe sends you the money as it comes in.

I have never in my lifetime seen a DeLorean move on the roads of Ireland.

Who cares? Most Americans have never in their lifetime seen a DeLorean on the roads, and there are far more of them in the US than there are in Ireland. Doesn't mean they don't exist.

There was a store in Belfast charging money just to sit in a DeLorean.

This. This right here is your driving motivation for this. You want the internet to buy you a car, and you're going to turn around and try to make a profit off events and appearances. The fact that the "incentives" you've posted for donations are all 2 hour appearances reinforces this.

Do you pay for tv, buy magazines, buy newspapers? Well I'll be running a Facebook page, twitter account and hopefully a youtube channel for free.

Wow, I take it all back. That's some back-breaking work right there!

your buying the people of Northern Ireland the chance to see one of these on the road.

To improve the chances from 1 in 85 (http://www.delorean.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=321) to 1 in 86?

You can donate £5 thats half the price of a packet of Cigarettes or the price of a pint in NI.

Except when you exchange money for cigarettes or beer, you get cigarettes or beer in return. This is asking people to exchange money to buy YOU a car.

Will the photographer be annoyed I used his photo? I have no idea.

So you're asking people to buy you a luxury item AND you use photographs without permission? Is there no end to your entitlement attitude?

You are a terrible person.

Ryan King
08-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Im going to start a Gofundme to do repairs on my car because I'm lazy.

Will you guys help me?

dn010
08-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Forget repairs, why not just start one to buy another D?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Timebender
08-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Im going to start a Gofundme to do repairs on my car because I'm lazy.

Will you guys help me?

I've had ten people, TEN, ask why i don't have time circuits or as they say "the display with the colored LED's in the center of the dash" when I have my DeLorean on display for different events or even local weekly car shows, so I think I'll do the same and start one to do a very extended time machine conversion so I can say "Right there, see?". Because I know once they see it, they'll be asking where the things are that make the car glow blue.

mr_maxime
08-07-2016, 07:04 PM
I've told people they'd have to buy me a flux capacitor in my car if they want to see one.

Farrar
08-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Gee, and I thought it was potentially rude of me to make a "Hire me and help me fix my car" link in my sig. I must be more old-fashioned than I thought I was.

Nicholas R
08-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Based on the current rate of raising 200 pounds every 8 months, it looks as though this is going to take a little bit more than the original timeline of "If it takes two years, so be it."

At this rate, you should reach your goal in a little over 83 years. I suppose it's a good thing there is no deadline.

Spittybug
08-08-2016, 09:47 AM
OK, I too am going to start a campaign.

Mine however is for the purpose of research into the effect of alcohol production by using alternate grain/hops/yeast combinations in a home brewery. No investment in equipment needed as I have already made such. Your hard earned money will be put to good use in buying varieties of grains, hops and yeasts. I will do all the labor in brewing them up, cleaning the equipment and even consuming all of the resulting liquid to analyze the results. I will subject my body to such abuse purely in the name of science and do so willingly.

Your contributions will greatly enhance the knowledge base of brewing science.

:cheers::cheers:

(at the end of the day, you can't blame a bloke for trying....you SHOULD however blame the idiots with more money than sense who support him......)

SamHill
08-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Same here, but substitute "top shelf bikini models." Think of how happy you will be to see me with them.

whocruiser
08-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Same here, but substitute "top shelf bikini models." Think of how happy you will be to see me with them.

No worries mate, had THAT angle covered for years already... 45251

Michael
08-09-2016, 09:30 PM
OK, I too am going to start a campaign.

Mine however is for the purpose of research into the effect of alcohol production by using alternate grain/hops/yeast combinations in a home brewery. No investment in equipment needed as I have already made such. Your hard earned money will be put to good use in buying varieties of grains, hops and yeasts. I will do all the labor in brewing them up, cleaning the equipment and even consuming all of the resulting liquid to analyze the results. I will subject my body to such abuse purely in the name of science and do so willingly.

Your contributions will greatly enhance the knowledge base of brewing science.

:cheers::cheers:

(at the end of the day, you can't blame a bloke for trying....you SHOULD however blame the idiots with more money than sense who support him......)

If I ever find myself in Texas I want to try some of your brews.