PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Under dash door LED's

88KPH
01-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi, I've bought two warm white LED strips.
I'd like to wire them in the footwells and be activated by door opening.
Any ideas of how and where to connect them up?

Bitsyncmaster
01-04-2016, 06:28 PM
If you can tap into the dome light, they would dim on and off and work with either door. If you just run off the door switch they will only light when that door is open.

88KPH
01-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Anyone actually done this? Where did you take the live from? How did you route cable & where did you find a good earth? Cheers m' dears.

Bitsyncmaster
01-06-2016, 01:27 PM
I think someone found the dome light wires near the glove box. You really want both wires (the power and "ground") used on the dome light so the dimmer can keep the lights on when you enter the car and shut the door and turn the lights on when the key goes off.

papanoel
01-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Anyone actually done this? Where did you take the live from? How did you route cable & where did you find a good earth? Cheers m' dears.

theres a few people who have done this. use the search feature. its how i found it before.

Its pretty easy to do. like dave said tap into the dome light cable.

88KPH
01-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Can' t find anything useful. What search terms you using?

Bitsyncmaster
01-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Can' t find anything useful. What search terms you using?

Try footwell lights.

Here is one on post #75
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?152-Cheap-basic-LED-interior-lights&p=159951&highlight=dome+wiring#post159951

Looking at the schematic, the purple wire is your + voltages and the purple/white wire on one of the door diodes would work for your ground side. But two of the diodes have double purple/white wires. So your can test which one you want, it would ohm out to the purple/white wire in a dome light.