PDA

View Full Version : You'll cry when you see this D

iflights
01-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Honestly got a tear in my eye on this really sad example here. Owner says not a parts car. He's got that right! Hardly anything left, except some stainless, that hasn't been water damaged, or just plain old destroyed. I wonder how much time this car spent underwater.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301843857391?forcerRptr=true&item=301843857391&viewitem=

Rich_NYS
01-10-2016, 03:49 PM
The body panels look really good. As bad as the rest of it looks, it's surprising the body survived so well.

88KPH
01-10-2016, 06:39 PM
There is another one with BHCC same condition & price...... Has got new tyres though, I think! 8)

Gfrank
01-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Hardly anything left? Looks like a good complete project car to me..

Nicholas R
01-11-2016, 03:51 AM
Are you serious? On this forum I've seen cars that were crushed bad accidents, a car that had been rolled, multiple cars that caught on fire, a car that had a garage collapse on it, cars that had been destroyed in floods, cars left to rot in Dubai, cars chopped up cars in scrap yards, cars that have sat in a field for 20+ years, cars that have simply been parted out, and the ending to Back to the Future III.

What exactly is the problem with this one? What do you mean there's hardly anything left? I cant find anything off hand that's missing. This is a complete car that will make a good project car for someone. Definitely no tears over this one.

Rich_NYS
01-11-2016, 06:46 AM
The OP didn't say: "there's hardly anything left." He said there's hardly anything that hasn't been water damaged or destroyed.

Owner says not a parts car. He's got that right! Hardly anything left, except some stainless, that hasn't been water damaged, or just plain old destroyed. I wonder how much time this car spent underwater.

I read it as:

"There's hardly anything (except some stainless,) that hasn't been water damaged or just plain old destroyed."

I agree with Nick's assessment: good project car.

So how about the price? I think that's the real debate here....:relative:

Nicholas R
01-11-2016, 08:38 AM
The OP didn't say: "there's hardly anything left." He said there's hardly anything that hasn't been water damaged or destroyed.

I read it as:

"There's hardly anything (except some stainless,) that hasn't been water damaged or just plain old destroyed."

I agree with Nick's assessment: good project car.

So how about the price? I think that's the real debate here....:relative:
I suppose you're right about the wording. That said, I'm curious how someone could be so certain that the parts are destroyed based on the limited photos.

There's a pretty major difference between "destroyed" and just "dirty". To me, "destroyed" implies that something can no longer be used and must be replaced. Honestly, looking at these photos, I don't see anything that fits that description. Heck that interior looks pretty nice. Some cleaning and leather treatment would make it look great!

Honestly, to me, this is exactly the project car that so many people come to this forum looking for.

EDIT: This car is taking heat on Facebook too. Honestly is there something I'm missing here?? Heres the list of Items that I can see are missing: Shifter emblem, Mirror glass, AC control knob, Engine bay electrical connector cover. Am I missing something major here?

iflights
01-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the assist. My position is that it looks, simply from the photos, like this car has water damage that would need to be overcome to restore it. This is just long time owner neglect. It makes me sad to look at it. Crashed and crumpled cars, different story, it is what it is. And, I don't hold any ill will against anyone who feel differently, and wants to take it on as a project. Would love it to see it when its in better condition in a few years.

Dangermouse
01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
a. I really hate click-bait website headlines ;)

b. Looks like about what you'd expect for a low $ teens car these days. Based on the photos, the frame looks "OK", the interior is what I'd expect from sitting in the sun in dusty Texas with the toll windows down, or partially down. And there are a few bits of trim missing. And obviously it doesn't run.

Andrew
01-11-2016, 05:03 PM
This car could be very restorable to running and driving status. In contrast, if somebody wanted to restore it to show-car status, that would be a different story. The body appears to be in nice shape, and the engine cradle appears to be solid as evidenced by its ability to support the weight of the car as opposed to falling apart around the jack.

Overall, the car in this post is in similar condition, perhaps even better in some respects, to 5052 when I purchased it in 2014. I had 5052 running and driving 45 days later for approximately $2,000 in parts and a couple hundred hours in labor.

Provided the engine hasn't seized up from sitting, I would value this car in the $10,000-$12,000 range.

StainlessBullet
01-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Provided the engine hasn't seized up from sitting, I would value this car in the $10,000-$12,000 range.

I agree. One of my project cars looked worse than this one and I was offered more than what this guy is asking for his car. Looking back now, I probably should have sold it. :smashfreak: