PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Delorean with black stripe for sale at Volo Car Musuem.

Chris Burns
01-11-2016, 06:39 PM
http://www.volocars.com/vehicles/12055/1981-delorean-dmc-12

Dangermouse
01-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Unusual to see a thick black stripe on a 4xxx vin car. Decent pictures, but need some of the frame.

$459 a month :wow:

louielouie2000
01-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Those binder clip additions to the passenger seatbelt are first rate. I like how they addressed the shift boot, too. :tongue:

It's starting to become pretty rare to see original wide stripe cars available for sale; especially with the silver "DMC" letters intact. Hopefully whoever buys this one keeps the stripes on the car.

Mark D
01-12-2016, 01:11 PM
I don't recall ever seeing this label before (the rectangular one).

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=39064&d=1452622076

Was this a factory label? something that a dealer may have installed? or is it purely aftermarket?
That hand written note on the washer reservoir cap is pretty interesting as well....it looks like in spite of the warning on the rectangular label someone else has indicated to fill it with antifreeze/water mix. Spraying ethylene glycol coolant all over your windshield would make a huge mess. It could even be dangerous if it smeared all over and made it difficult to see.

sdg3205
01-12-2016, 01:23 PM
When I finished restoring my car in 2010, i filled that tank and havent filled it since. Wonder how much I have left?

Jason
01-12-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't recall ever seeing this label before (the rectangular one).

Was this a factory label? something that a dealer may have installed? or is it purely aftermarket?

My car has that label. Though now it's yellowed and broken and about 1/4 is missing.

Mark D
01-12-2016, 01:59 PM
When I finished restoring my car in 2010, i filled that tank and havent filled it since. Wonder how much I have left?

That's funny...I removed mine about five years ago to fix a crack in the tank, replace the broken pump, put it all back together, and then never filled it afterwards.

I would guess that most other owners don't use theirs much either. If my windshield gets that buggy to require washer fluid it just gets washed off with a towel and some cleaner when I get home.

Mark D
01-12-2016, 02:05 PM
My car has that label. Though now it's yellowed and broken and about 1/4 is missing.

So I just checked and apparently my car does have this label. It's just something I never really paid attention to before.

dn010
01-12-2016, 03:38 PM
I used to use mine all the time when I lived in New York and drove it daily, especially the winter when all that sand/dirt etc would land on the windshield from vehicles in front of you.

Down here, I didn't even install the tank after my frame swap. Maybe one day...

sdg3205
01-12-2016, 03:42 PM
I've found at speed the grade on the windshield is such that the rain runs off immediately. The wipers dont add much.

Rich W
01-13-2016, 09:08 AM
I've found at speed the grade on the windshield is such that the rain runs off immediately. The wipers dont add much.

You know, these would be some great questions for the DeLorean World Tour Team.

How much windshield fluid was used? In which Country did you use your wipers the most?

Did the DeLorean World Tour Team use Rain-X (or similar product) on all of the glass?

If I know Klaus, he is keeping stats on all of the fluids they have used along the trip.

Dangermouse
01-13-2016, 09:31 AM
From what I have read about Klaus, he probably developed his on specialized brand of rain-x. :)