PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else Have tickets for the, (1/13/16) Power Ball lottery?

refugeefromcalif
01-13-2016, 08:04 PM
I hadn't seen any other mention of the latest, (World Record prize), Power Ball lottery here so, I thought I'd ask if anyone else had bought tickets or was following it.
In Alabama we can't buy tickets but, because of the prize amount, (and even knowing we're Not going to win), my company did a pool and paid a guy to go over to Georgia to buy tickets for us. :giggle:
(I got a few for myself also)... :mallet:

Anyone else caught the Lottery Fever?

George

Dangermouse
01-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Yes, I have one.

Obviously I am going to win tonight so from tomorrow I won't be associating with you poor people anymore.

Any begging letters sent to my PM will be burnt.

My first spend will be to send my D to DMCMW for a total refurb. While that is going on, I'll buy a BTTF car and paint it pink, just to mess with people's minds and because I can.

See you on the rich side :)

burch
01-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Just picked mine up. You will all be welcome to visit my new left front fender / binnacle factory when I win and build it.

Peripatetic
01-14-2016, 12:30 AM
I also have some tickets. The thing is that owning a DeLorean was more or less my stock answer to the question "What would you buy if you won the lotto", so I guess I have to come up with new answers.

-Get second DeLorean for Daily Driving. Nickname it the Triple D.*
-Get Commercial Free Hulu
-See if I can use my new wealth to meet Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
-Buy Non-Bic pens for the office.

*Current nickname for my DeLorean is the "Falcon", after Teslas name for their doors and the similarities to the Millennium Falcon (bare metal exterior, old, very flat).

Lou and "Boo"
01-14-2016, 08:06 AM
I am lucky in life and in love, but not in powerball.
Oh well...

Dangermouse
01-14-2016, 08:13 AM
I don't understand it. I followed the rules, picked some numbers and bought a ticket, yet I am not now a millionaire.

It's almost like it was too good to be true.

OverlandMan
01-14-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't understand it. I followed the rules, picked some numbers and bought a ticket, yet I am not now a millionaire.

It's almost like it was too good to be true.

I'm really upset at this too. I already quit my job and told most of the world to "F" off....

NJP548
01-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Just picked mine up. You will all be welcome to visit my new left front fender / binnacle factory when I win and build it.

Damn. I was just about ready to buy an airline ticket to wherever this factory would have been located.

-Nick Pitello

88KPH
01-15-2016, 03:46 AM
Burch has gone quiet Nick, perhaps he's busy drawing up plans!!

88KPH
01-15-2016, 03:52 AM
We had our own record breaking amount over here too.
£70million.
Right I'll buy a ticket.... Go to Lotto site, click buy ticket, "Sorry draw is now closed"..... Bugger, That would of been the winner I knows it! :8ball:

Dangermouse
01-15-2016, 08:21 AM
You van buy them on-line? Such luxury

For the powerball, we had to get in line for a physical piece of paper. Worked OK for burch though :)

burch
01-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Burch has gone quiet Nick, perhaps he's busy drawing up plans!!

Damn, the secret is out! Actually, out of 3 tickets, I don't believe I got a single correct number.

DMCVegas
01-15-2016, 12:06 PM
So apparently you can get your money back...

https://www.yahoo.com/music/powerball-reimbursement-fund-page-created-235504618.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Cory W
01-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Insanity. And as for GoFundMe girl, how about GFY.

I prefer to win cars. Less people hounding you for a piece of the pie (just for rides or to drive it). "Oh, you won a car" fades from memory a lot faster than "you won how many millions?"

Plus, as mentioned above, first thing I'd have bought was a DeLorean anyhow.