PDA

View Full Version : clutch fork ball removal from bellhousing

leroylem
01-31-2016, 09:53 PM
Has anyone ever removed the fork ball from the bellhousing---it appears to be threaded/screwed into the bellhousing---tried with vise gripes---don't want to damage anything so quit---don't want to put heat on the housing either---any suggestions???

Thanks, Leroy 2126

DMCMW Dave
01-31-2016, 11:56 PM
Has anyone ever removed the fork ball from the bellhousing---it appears to be threaded/screwed into the bellhousing---tried with vise gripes---don't want to damage anything so quit---don't want to put heat on the housing either---any suggestions???

Thanks, Leroy 2126

No, but why?

Nicholas R
02-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Presumably for installing into a different bellhousing.

Leroy, if I recall correctly, you have one of Don Stegers bellhousings right? Clutch fork pivot balls are a pretty common part; usually about $10. Are you sure you cant buy a replacement that will fit the new bellhousing?

leroylem
02-01-2016, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Nicholas R;189838]Presumably for installing into a different bellhousing.

Hey Nick----yeah I have the ball that was with the Steger bellhousing---it is not completely rounded at the top as the original( I modified), but it does not yet seem to fit the fork very well---I would like to get the original out and install in the new bell---just not sure if it just screws out---don't want to ruin the old bell or the ball---heat probably would not be good on the bellhousing---any thoughts??? also finally got my engine together--about ready to install--327--11:1 FORGED PISTONS, ALUMINUM HEADS, INTAKE, HEI IGNITION--BALANCED ASSEMBLY--

Thanks---Leroy 2126