PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stage I Heat Sheild?

DeLorean937
02-14-2016, 11:04 AM
I was wondering if anyone offers a heat shield for the Stage 1 set up. I bought a Stage 1 exhaust couple years back and it did not not come with it and while flipping through pictures for another project I noticed there should be one there.

Michael
02-14-2016, 11:17 AM
The heat shield is a OE part, not just a stage I or II. I think it's made up of asbestos with some type of reflective covering.

I tried but I couldn't find it in the website.

EDIT, found it, looks like it's a redesigned part now.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6479-muffler-heatshield.aspx

DeLorean937
02-14-2016, 03:08 PM
That's great! So they are designed to use the original set up shield (updated of course) I'll grab one asap. Thanks!

The heat shield is a OE part, not just a stage I or II. I think it's made up of asbestos with some type of reflective covering.

I tried but I couldn't find it in the website.

EDIT, found it, looks like it's a redesigned part now.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6479-muffler-heatshield.aspx

Chris 16409
02-14-2016, 03:25 PM
I believe that Heart shield is for an OEM exhaust. My buddy Ryan with a stage one needed to get replacement heat shield for his stainless exhaust because it deteriorated. He was able to have an all aluminum heat shield made. It's essentially just a rectangular piece of aluminum.

Ryan King
02-14-2016, 03:36 PM
I believe that Heart shield is for an OEM exhaust. My buddy Ryan with a stage one needed to get replacement heat shield for his stainless exhaust because it deteriorated. He was able to have an all aluminum heat shield made. It's essentially just a rectangular piece of aluminum.

That it is. And don't wait too long like I did, the heat ended up causing a leak behind my crank shaft pulley, drying out the rubber seal.

zimvsdib
02-16-2016, 01:12 AM
i think the original heat shield is different and won't fit with your exhaust setup. i have both. I'll check and see if what the differences are when i have a sec