PDA

View Full Version : General buying a delorean cash on the spot

gullwingD
02-25-2016, 11:18 PM
Anyone here have experience with buying a DeLorean with cash from a private seller? I'm a newbie at this. What's the protocol? If I drive away with the car, I'm guessing I have to call my insurance company (in my case state farm) earlier in the day and make sure it's covered? What else do I need? Just a written up bill of sale and the title?

Jimmyvonviggle
02-25-2016, 11:24 PM
Anyone here have experience with buying a DeLorean with cash from a private seller? I'm a newbie at this. What's the protocol? If I drive away with the car, I'm guessing I have to call my insurance company (in my case state farm) earlier in the day and make sure it's covered? What else do I need? Just a written up bill of sale and the title?

If you are going to be buying cash on the spot I recommend bringing a friend. Trust me on this. I once got into a funny situation buying a car.

gullwingD
02-25-2016, 11:27 PM
You think they are going to beat me up? lol They don't know I might be bringing cash, unless they read this forum lol

If you are going to be buying cash on the spot I recommend bringing a friend. Trust me on this. I once got into a funny situation buying a car.

Rich_NYS
02-25-2016, 11:33 PM

I bought 10372 w/cash. I think insurance guidelines vary between states. I'm in NYS w/State Farm for my DD's (God bless you for insuring a classic w/them.) Calling them with the VIN is all I ever need to do to be insured asap. I put 10372 on a trailer and honestly don't recall how (or if) I insured it that day. I insured it w/American Collectors after I got it home.

4728 was bought out of state and insured in advance w/American Collectors Insurance. I think I only needed the VIN and some pics. The deductible was 10% while in transit.

Rich_NYS
02-25-2016, 11:36 PM

+1

I recommend going heavy if possible...

You think they are going to beat me up? lol

You never know, I'd guess that criminals might consider a potential DeLorean buyer a good target.

Doogie
02-25-2016, 11:53 PM
I have State Farm, I usually call my agent with the VIN when I buy a new car and get it all setup. I'm pretty sure you have 30 days with State Farm to call them to put the car on a policy. (Don't rely on my statement though :-)

If you do buy the car, you and the seller should visit a bank (or better yet your local BMV) together. When he/she signs the title over to you, the signature will have to be notarized (Most Banks provide this service).

The Notary has to witness the signature before they will notarize it. If the seller signs over the title to you in the driveway, then you might have a problem getting it notarized later.

If you do everything at the BMV, you can get the new title issued right then and there!

gullwingD
02-25-2016, 11:59 PM
So if I need a notarized signature, it's best I don't do this at 5pm tomorrow, right?

I have State Farm, I usually call my agent with the VIN when I buy a new car and get it all setup. I'm pretty sure you have 30 days with State Farm to call them to put the car on a policy. (Don't rely on my statement though :-)

If you do buy the car, you and the seller should visit a bank (or better yet your local BMV) together. When he/she signs the title over to you, the signature will have to be notarized (Most Banks provide this service).

The Notary has to witness the signature before they will notarize it. If the seller signs over the title to you in the driveway, then you might have a problem getting it notarized later.

If you do everything at the BMV, you can get the new title issued right then and there!

Rich_NYS
02-26-2016, 12:03 AM
I've never heard of a notarized signature being necessary on a title.

gullwingD
02-26-2016, 12:08 AM
I have a friend who is a notary, so If its needed I could always get her to sign it later since she can't be there with me?

bytes311
02-26-2016, 12:14 AM
I had my car towed home and did the title transfer at the DMV the following day (original pink slip in hand).

Parzval
02-26-2016, 12:29 AM

I have a friend who is a notary, so If its needed I could always get her to sign it later since she can't be there with me?

Ask your local state notary. In Pennsylvania you need notarization on the title if it's PA to PA transfer. That's notarization for the seller AND buyer. I'm sure your notary can do your part later, but she'll want the seller (photo ID) verified if your state requires it. Doesn't have to be the same notary for both. Get their signature notarized there, and do yours when you come home. Notarizing a signature is cheap. And I don't think in PA notarization is needed if it's coming in from another state (at least last time I did it anyway). However, I cannot vouch for other states, so DO ask yours. Trying to get a seller back together to sign paperwork is not fun. I did one car in NJ and I had a dealer friend do it, I suspect she used some "magic" to make it go through because it came OUT of PA and a second party signed off on the back with no notarization from the first and I did not have any way to get a hold of the original seller.

I second the "bring a friend", the world is a scammy place these days which really sucks. But once you have a title, keys, and car in your possession, and he/she has the money, then really you've done what you came to do. Depends how comfortable you are with the neighborhood (or buyer themselves). It's a risk you'll have to decide if you want to do or not. A Delorean is a lot more money than a wheelbarrow or a pair of ice skates. And some police departments do have a "safe transfer" location now for meetings like this and for craigslist etc.

gullwingD
02-26-2016, 12:39 AM
This one is in FL... guess I'll do the research here in the morning

Ask your local state notary. In Pennsylvania you need notarization on the title if it's PA to PA transfer. That's notarization for the seller AND buyer. I'm sure your notary can do your part later, but she'll want the seller (photo ID) verified if your state requires it. Doesn't have to be the same notary for both. Get their signature notarized there, and do yours when you come home. Notarizing a signature is cheap. And I don't think in PA notarization is needed if it's coming in from another state (at least last time I did it anyway). However, I cannot vouch for other states, so DO ask yours. Trying to get a seller back together to sign paperwork is not fun. I did one car in NJ and I had a dealer friend do it, I suspect she used some "magic" to make it go through because it came OUT of PA and a second party signed off on the back with no notarization from the first and I did not have any way to get a hold of the original seller.

I second the "bring a friend", the world is a scammy place these days which really sucks. But once you have a title, keys, and car in your possession, and he/she has the money, then really you've done what you came to do. Depends how comfortable you are with the neighborhood (or buyer themselves). It's a risk you'll have to decide if you want to do or not. A Delorean is a lot more money than a wheelbarrow or a pair of ice skates. And some police departments do have a "safe transfer" location now for meetings like this and for craigslist etc.

DMCVegas
02-26-2016, 12:58 AM

I'm gonna second this one. A friend or friends, and multiple vehicles. Cash is ill-advised in the first place for two reasons:

You don't want to get robbed by the seller.
You don't want to get pulled over by the cops and have your cash lost to forfeiture.

Ideally you want to go to the bank together. Have the bank cut a certified check right then and there for obvious verification. If the seller wants cash, call ahead to notify the bank of the deal so that they will have the money on hand in the vault to disburse. Otherwise, they might just decline if they don't have enough. Especially if they have to start raiding the teller's tills.

Ryan S.
02-26-2016, 01:26 AM

I took Dave P (another D owner) and his Delorean when I bought my car from a private seller. Since I didn't know anything about D, Dave helped me inspect the car. In California, you can find all the necessary forms from DMV website.
In terms of insurance, your existing insurance should cover. If not, call your agent and verify to make sure.
Before you pay, I would take the car to a shop nearby and put it on a lift. Check under the car and make sure. No frame damage or rust, and etc... Oh, don't forget about smog check (in California)

gullwingD
02-26-2016, 02:02 AM
So the car I'm looking at right now is in Florida. I'm pretty familiar with DeLoreans having previously owned one, however I'm not a mechanic. This one has about 5,000 miles and according to a Carfax report has only been driven about 100 miles since 1998. Owner claims everything works and has been kept up. From my previous experience with a low mileage car even if everything is working, if it hasn't been driven, things will quickly start breaking. What are your thoughts?

Jimmyvonviggle
02-26-2016, 02:08 AM
You think they are going to beat me up? lol They don't know I might be bringing cash, unless they read this forum lol

Here is my situation. I went to buy a project car, nothing pricey, about 3k. So,I drive alone all excited from Montreal to this small town in Ontario. The guy ( in his 50s crew cut hair) had a couple of vehicles on his property including a camouflaged school bus. His daughter comes out to help, turns out it's his young wife. Anyways I decide to go ahead with it so he invites me into the house. I'm not judging but there were dirty dishes everywhere, his 4 young children were staring at me while sitting on the floral tweed couch half dressed. As he is signing the paperwork, his sleeve on his shirt pulls up to reveal his love of swastikas and all things white power. It then dawns on me that I'm stuck in a wood panelled house with the zombie children, no one knows where I am (because of course why should I tell my wife), and the president of Hitler's fan club asking me if I have the money.

On my way home I realized that anyone can get caught in a bad situation if they are not careful.

Dangermouse
02-26-2016, 07:58 AM
So the car I'm looking at right now is in Florida.

I think the title notarizing issue is more to do with where you will be titling the car, rather than where the car is coming from. I've never needed it done in Georgia, but every state is different.

Have you actually seen the car in person? When I go and view a car, I will usually just bring a couple of hundred dollars to leave as a deposit/good faith payment and return later with the actual payment, once I have seen the actual car and actual paperwork. If it is non-drivable, then return with a trailer and the cash. Never be in the position where the seller has both the car and all of the cash.

Definitely bring someone and tell someone else where you are going. If there are spare parts included in the sale, bring something big enough to hold them.

I'll just leave this here as a cautionary tale

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bodies-vehicle-found-georgia-case-missing-craigslist-car/story?id=28484457

Michael
02-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Bringing large money for a car is a dumb idea. If you are buying something 2 or 3k, then cash in a comfortable setting isn't so bad, but if you are taking 15 or 20k in cash to buy a car then you are risking a lot. What if there is a problem with the title? What if the car has a lein against it that doesn't show up (essentially making it stolen)? What if it's actually a forged title?

Transporting that kind of cash can also get it confiscated if you run into the wrong cop. TN does it all the time...they say it's illegal and will seize it. Trust me on this I do know what I'm talking about here.

By using a cashier's check (not a money order) you at least have some recourse if things turn sour.

Horsebox
02-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Why does it upset the police if you have a lot of cash on you? They can swipe it and you never see it again? How much is too much!? Bizarre...

Delorean Industries
02-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Always go heavy as rich says on cash deals. If you are not proficient with wad cutters and changing magazines put an ad on Craigslist for a military vet. Most bring their own tools for the job and in many cases are licensed to be heavier than most. The seller will think twice about taking your bowling ball bag with a random guy in the front seat looking on .

Plan b if your Craigslist interviews are not to your liking is also an option. Head to your local fop chapter and walk up to the poker table. Proceed to put cash in increments you are comfortable with down in plain sight. Wait and see who makes eye contact and you've got a guy.

David T
02-26-2016, 10:22 AM
The protocols vary from State to State. In some States you can buy a temporary plate and in many you cannot. Same for the insurance. Safest bet is to figure on having it towed or have the seller deliver the car before he removes his plates. In recent times there have been cases where the sale is a scam and the "seller" robs the buyer of the money so it does pay to be careful. Maybe do the deal in the parking lot of a Police Station? Some States a Bill of Sale is all you need and others you MUST have a clean Title. Call the DMV and they will tell you what you will need to Title and register the car. Carefully check all of the documentation against the car, the VIN #, mileage, etc. Any discrepancies or altering of the Title and you should become very suspicious.

Ryan S.
02-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Like Michael said, never cash. Use bank's cashiers check.
I found my buyer through eBay. Visited a seller and met him at his home. He was a physician so my trust level was good and I was able to verify that he was a genuine physician. However, in Florida, you have fake teenager doctors so I am not sure about that.
Gave him $200 deposit check and came back with cashier's check and drove her back home.

I didn't do that but Carfax might help also.

DMCVegas
02-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Why does it upset the police if you have a lot of cash on you? They can swipe it and you never see it again? How much is too much!? Bizarre...

Because you have money that they want.

It's called Civil Asset Forfeiture. The origins of the law date back to maritime laws of the 1700's. It was an anti piracy measure to seize assets of sea-faring criminals. When the DEA ramped up the war on drugs in the early 1980's, this obscure centuries-old law was put into modern use as Civil Asset Forfeiture. The idea seems pretty noble: Drug dealer gets busted, so you take all of their cash and assets as ill-gotten gains from their criminal activity in order to financially cripple them so that they cannot continue their illegal activities, and their organization is now wiped out.

The financial set up of this was that the DEA takes a cut of the cash, as do the local law enforcement agencies. CAF was used to a great extent to fund police operations. Which again sounds good... until many law enforcement agencies discovered they could divvy up cash and other assets even further as personal bonuses and the like. Then it went from crime prevention to "policing for profit".

Anything believed to be used in the process of manufacturing or distributing drugs for example are fair game under CAF. And cash is a HUGE one. It's happened allot with people that don't have access to proper banking, and bring cash to buy cars or other big ticket items. Especially farmers who come up from Mexico to buy tractors and other AG equipment, and have hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash to pay for the machinery. Crooked cops use the logic that no reasonable person would carry that amount of cash, so it MUST be being used for criminal means, so they seize it and threaten the person with all sorts of outrageous charges, but agree to let them go free if the surrender their goods (cash, gold, jewlery, cars, etc.). Which is counter-intuitive to law enforcement of letting a known "Bad guy" go. Same with real estate too, and you don't even have to be directly involved. Got an idiot teenager who is dealing pot? You can loose your house because it was "involved". Even owners of motels have faced losing their entire livelihood because a guest was doing something illegal that they had no idea of.

Now I'm not bashing cops at all. Hardly. There are obviously allot of good ones out there. But even so, the best way to stay safe is to avoid problems all together. IF for some reason you have someone who absolutely, positively INSISTS upon receiving cash, you meet them at the bank and have the cash withdrawn right then and there, and complete your transaction in plain sight. They want to roll around with thousands of dollars in their pocket and risk losing it to any number of sources? That's their problem. You look out for you.

Michael
02-26-2016, 02:03 PM
I can cite dozens of examples....dozens. stay out of TN with large amounts of money, you will lose it if caught. Other states may or may not be as bad.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/tennessee-police-under-investigation-for-taking-cash-from-citizens/

Michael
02-26-2016, 02:08 PM
Here is another example. Don't carry cash.

https://youtu.be/2aI2nNr9Tik

DMCVegas
02-26-2016, 02:33 PM
I can cite dozens of examples....dozens. stay out of TN with large amounts of money, you will lose it if caught. Other states may or may not be as bad.

No, they're just as bad.

http://www.ij.org/report/policing-for-profit/

There was a bill passed bad in December meant to defund the asset forfeiture program within the DOJ to try and stymie this. But hey, when you've got people making 6 figure+ salaries a year because of this, you know they're gonna fight it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/23/the-feds-just-shut-down-a-huge-program-that-lets-cops-take-your-stuff-and-keep-it/

I had a run-in once with a cop that tried to take my DeLorean, and ever since I've been a bit more than leery about these small town police.

David T
02-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Don't discount the whole idea of asset forfeiture. There is talk now about discontinuing the $100 bill to make cash transactions harder. Going the other way, if you don't have ENOUGH money on you they can arrest you for vagrancy. It's a strange world out there! I don't like the idea of cashier's checks because suppose you settle on a price, go to pick up the car, and it's not what you thought. How are you going to negotiate the price? One possibility is to have a bunch of checks totaling the agreed price so you can mix and match to change the amount. If you have the money on your person just how do the police know what and how much you have unless you are arrested and searched? They can't search your person unless you are arrested. At least that is the law as I know it. And they can't arrest you without probable cause. Once they get their hands on your cash you will say it was $1,000 and they will say it was only $100. Who will the court believe, you (private citizen) or the police, sworn officers of the court!

joebob101
02-26-2016, 10:30 PM
In my state, Oklahoma, title signatures must be notarized. I bought a car from California and it came with the title signed but not notarized. I could not get the car registered in Oklahoma until I had the signature notarized. The seller had changed their phone number and I couldn't get ahold of them. I finally found a sympathetic friend who notarized for me at great risk to themself and to me. It was a fiasco. Make sure you have your details in order before buying.
I am on the board of a local bank and the handling of large amounts of cash is a trigger for mandatory reporting to federal banking authorities to combat money laundering. If you are going to do anything with cash be sure to keep it under $10,000 or you will attract attention at the bank.

DMCMW Dave
02-27-2016, 12:02 AM
-- How are you going to negotiate the price? One possibility is to have a bunch of checks totaling the agreed price so you can mix and match to change the amount. !

If the car has an asking price of, say $15,000, take a check for your minimum offer (say $13,000) and the rest in cash, or smaller incremental checks and some cash to "make exact change". All the caveats above apply, and use your best judgment based on almost everything written here.

If the car is local enough that you can make two trips, the "deposit and come back later" is a good strategy. Then you can arrange for the payment exchange at a more public place or even at a bank/dmv/police lot if you don't like the look of the seller or neighborhood.

I'd also recommend bringing a trailer or arranging for transport, very few sellers are aware of the real condition of the car they are selling (innocently or not), and you really don't want to get halfway home and throw a 30-year old water pump belt and fry the engine on your new car.

Rich_NYS
02-27-2016, 12:21 AM
I bought my first DeLorean with cash. I agree with all the good points made here, but an advantage with cash not yet mentioned is: it does motivate some sellers (some.)
Waving stacks of 100's isn't something I'd do in every situation, but definitely in the right place/at the right time and it has been effective plenty of times.

Safety first....

Flicky
02-27-2016, 01:10 AM
It's called Civil Asset Forfeiture.

For people too lazy to read you can watch this little video that John Oliver did on this, it is a little funny. I don't blame the cops...I blame the generations of hippies that let this happen to the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

Notifier
02-27-2016, 09:27 AM
The last vehicle I bought private party and another I sold private party, I was lucky in that the people I was dealing with used the same bank as mine. We simply walked into our bank, one of us filled out a deposit slip, the other a withdraw slip, handed the teller both, and the money was simply transferred. Easiest transaction ever. Didn't have to worry about the bank check being fake or cash being bogus. Plus there were plenty of security cameras around to record the whole thing. Filled out the bill of sale right there (didn't require a notary but if we needed one the bank had one there) and the transaction was complete. It sounds like you may be doing this today so maybe too late to look into that but always an option I guess.

bfloyd
02-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Finding a Delorean on Craigslist after wanting one for years can make you do some pretty stupid stuff. Back in November of 2014, I found my car on Craigslist up in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Price was right, the pictures looked good, and I had the FEVER and was determined to buy that car. Me and the seller finally agreed to the price after several days of haggling. I went to my local bank and withdrew $10,000 in cash (all 100's), rented a U-Haul car hauler and took off (by myself - ALONE) in my truck, 3 hours away from home to meet someone I'd never met before with $10k in cash riding shotgun in the passenger seat.

Found the sellers house, loaded up the car on my trailer and went inside the guys house to hand over the money and get the title. Luckily for me the previous owner turned out NOT to be a axe murderer, and I made it safely home later that night after getting lost on some backwoods road in the middle of nowhere Kentucky. Ended up only paying $9k for the car.

Just thinking about how stupid I was to go alone with that much cash on me to meet up with someone I'd never met before kind of makes me cringe.

Rich_NYS
02-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Found the sellers house, loaded up the car on my trailer and went inside the guys house to hand over the money and get the title. Luckily for me the previous owner turned out NOT to be a axe murderer, and I made it safely home later that night after getting lost on some backwoods road in the middle of nowhere Kentucky. Ended up only paying $9k for the car.

Just thinking about how stupid I was to go alone with that much cash on me to meet up with someone I'd never met before kind of makes me cringe.

9K for a DeLorean in 2014....nice!

Glad you're still with us! :gun:

Jeffu
03-08-2016, 06:00 PM

You are covered. I used to work for State Farm and I also paid cash for my car.

First - concerning insurance: If you have full coverage, not just liability, but comp & collision (physical damage) you are covered for usually 15 days under an existing policy as this is considered a "newly acquired vehicle". You are only covered up to the extend of the limits of that policy though. If you have multi-vehicles insured, it would be the policy with the "best" limits. Warning: If you have another vehicle(s) insured with "other" insurance carriers and State Farm, the full 15 days may not apply under State Farm. Also, this 15 day period of coverage may be slightly higher or lower in different States.

If you only have a vehicle(s) insured with "liability" coverage only, then physical damage coverage (comp & collision) is extended for the newly acquired car, but is usually limited to only 5 days and typically at higher physical damage limits, e.g. comp & collision deductibles @ $500 or $1000. Again, varies by State. Just double check with your agent. But, if you purchase a vehicle over a weekend or after business hours, don't sweat it.

Second - concerning Cash money. Take as much as you are willing to spend, period. You already know the maximum amount you will spend in your head, but the seller doesn't. Do the best you can to make the seller speak first concerning what they will take as a cash offer. I usually will take 2 or 3 envelopes of cash. The first envelope is the one I will always start the deal with and allow the owner to see, even if it's way below what he/she is asking. It's amazing when some people see cash how quick they are to lower their price. However, this does not always work. The 2nd and/or 3rd envelopes I usually won't pull out unless I know that I am forced to sweeten the deal because the owner is just not budging. I will usually hide these in another pocket, have a friend hold it or under the front seat of my car, etc. Having a friend go with you can never hurt. Just use common sense and always be aware of your surroundings. I have done a lot a large cash transactions by myself. Usually, I don't think too much about it because I conceal carry. But if it makes you uneasy there is no harm in bringing 1 or 2 buddies with you.

Rich_NYS
03-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Second - concerning Cash money. Take as much as you are willing to spend, period. You already know the maximum amount you will spend in your head, but the seller doesn't. Do the best you can to make the seller speak first concerning what they will take as a cash offer. I usually will take 2 or 3 envelopes of cash. The first envelope is the one I will always start the deal with and allow the owner to see, even if it's way below what he/she is asking. It's amazing when some people see cash how quick they are to lower their price. However, this does not always work. The 2nd and/or 3rd envelopes I usually won't pull out unless I know that I am forced to sweeten the deal because the owner is just not budging. I will usually hide these in another pocket, have a friend hold it or under the front seat of my car, etc. Having a friend go with you can never hurt. Just use common sense and always be aware of your surroundings. I have done a lot a large cash transactions by myself. Usually, I don't think too much about it because I conceal carry. But if it makes you uneasy there is no harm in bringing 1 or 2 buddies with you.

+1

Michael
03-08-2016, 08:58 PM
I have done a lot a large cash transactions by myself. Usually, I don't think too much about it because I conceal carry. But if it makes you uneasy there is no harm in bringing 1 or 2 buddies with you.

I don't follow the logic. You are stating that you don't think about it much because you have a gun. This inplies that the gun will correct any problems, but what if you have to use that gun? I'll tell you want, you spend the next 3 years of your life defending yourself and watching that pile of money evaporate in legal fees. Furthermore, carrying large amounts of money is illegal in a lot of states as have pointed out earlier in this thread and if the "theif" is a uniformed State trooper, that gun on your hip and that CCP ain't helping you one bit.

Anytime you bring a large sum of cash, you are rolling the dice. I really don't care what you decide, I'm just telling you why it's a bad idea.

But if it makes you uneasy there is no harm in bringing 1 or 2 buddies with you.

Are the two buddies police officers? Are the two buddies resistant to bullets?

Large sums of cash are just a plain risk, if you feel lucky, then go ahead.

David T
03-08-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't follow the logic. You are stating that you don't think about it much because you have a gun. This inplies that the gun will correct any problems, but what if you have to use that gun? I'll tell you want, you spend the next 3 years of your life defending yourself and watching that pile of money evaporate in legal fees. Furthermore, carrying large amounts of money is illegal in a lot of states as have pointed out earlier in this thread and if the "theif" is a uniformed State trooper, that gun on your hip and that CCP ain't helping you one bit.

Anytime you bring a large sum of cash, you are rolling the dice. I really don't care what you decide, I'm just telling you why it's a bad idea.

Are the two buddies police officers? Are the two buddies resistant to bullets?

Large sums of cash are just a plain risk, if you feel lucky, then go ahead.

Large cash deals are done all the time. The vast majority go smoothly. If carrying lots of cash bothers you take the bulk in a cashier's check and bring *some* cash so you can still negotiate. Or do your deal in a bank. That forces you to do it during business hours during the week and will require some preparation in advance.

Michael
03-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Large cash deals are done all the time. The vast majority go smoothly. If carrying lots of cash bothers you take the bulk in a cashier's check and bring *some* cash so you can still negotiate. Or do your deal in a bank. That forces you to do it during business hours during the week and will require some preparation in advance.

Go for it, the majority DO go smoothly. If you want to risk it then please be my guest. Take 20k in cash with you in the trunk of your Corolla. I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiGRMD4NXVA

Jeffu
03-11-2016, 05:58 PM
I don't follow the logic. You are stating that you don't think about it much because you have a gun.

Nope, that's just how you choose to interpret my statement. I was simply trying to state that large cash transactions don't really bother me much.

This inplies that the gun will correct any problems....

Your spinning my words. For you to say that I was "implying" that a gun will correct any problem is just ridiculous....

The "rolling of the dice," as you say, is always based on one's own personal assessment of the risk/situation. Our views obviously differ and I DO respect your opinion, we are each entitled to our own. We get it, cash transactions bother you. No harm, no foul.

Are the two buddies resistant to bullets?

Really??? See, it's comments like this that make it appear your trying to spur on an argument when that was never the intent in the first place.