PDA

View Full Version : We are starting a small business...looking for investors.

GS450-Junkie
02-27-2016, 09:20 AM
My wife and I are excited to be starting a small business in the spring. We have been working on a solid business plan for the past year and a half and it's finally time to start thinking about executing. We have located and purchased land, and had our project engineered as well as approved by our local Village, County, and the DOT. There are some remaining steps yet to complete, but we are well on our way. When it comes to the financing of the business, we are also well on our way but I would like to entertain the thought of an investor(s). ...not neccesarily that we need an investor, but when you have additional money to work with it certainly gives you more options to work with. If someone were interested in putting up some money in our project, I would agree to enter an investment agreement with them that would pay interest on their investment. I am not interested in deals with partnerships or % ownership, etc. but I would sign a simple contract that pays what I believe to be a pretty substantial interest rate.

To cut to the chase, I'm really looking for investments of $10,000 minimum, and I'm paying 15-20% interest.
PM me if you are interested....

I may be putting the DeLorean up for sale to help finance the business as well. Late '81. Completely gone thru, runs and drives well, needs very little... email me for details. More to come on that as well...

Nicholas R
02-27-2016, 09:34 AM
It seems a little odd to ask for investments without stating what it is you're actually asking people to invest in. Can you describe what the business is? How else can someone begin to decide whether or not it's a worthwhile investment? So far all we know is its a business where you own land and have a project engineer, and it somehow involves the DOT. What actually is the business?

DannonWeb
02-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Congrats on reaching the launchpad of your own biz! I'd love to hear more about your car :)

Silverbullet
02-28-2016, 10:43 PM
15 -20% interest sounds like risk... and no bank loan...what is it that you are going to make and sell?

ccurzio
03-04-2016, 12:00 PM
What actually is the business?

Yes. This. I read back through the original post several times to see if I was missing the details of the business itself, but it's just not there.

GS450-Junkie
03-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay in responding, but I was able to secure an investor thru the forum. I am still very interested in selling my car, so I hope to have some information up on that very soon. The car is in storage as of now, and rather than digging thru old receipts to see what I have done to it in the past 9+ years of ownership I think it would be easier just to walk around the car and make some notes and lists that way, and then report back to the forum. I hope to have the car out of storage and back in the garage by April 1st, but in Wisconsin winters you just never know. We have a little snow on the ground yet, but a shit ton of salt on the roads. They are talking 50's this week with some rain so hopefully that helps, but we'll see. I'll get pics and lists asap if anyone is interested, or as always you can PM about the car. Late '81, mostly gone thru, some minor interior work left to finish but I have all the parts to finish it up. Asking low-mid $30k's., etc. 5 spd. 2 tone, interior.

DMCVegas
03-07-2016, 12:24 PM
I still have no idea what your business venture is, but I do honestly wish you the best of luck and hope all goes well!