PDA

View Full Version : VIN 2802, painted red Delorean from NC resurfaces on Ebay

Chris Burns
03-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Remember this one from a few years ago?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC-12-DMC-12-Gullwing-/201539331994?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2eecae279a:g:dQUAAOSwP~tW4hY1&item=201539331994

Iznodmad
03-10-2016, 09:42 PM
I remember the car, but I can't remember if it was the same seller or not. Any undercarriage pics from when it was for sale last time?

Chris Burns
03-10-2016, 10:18 PM
None were taken as I can remember.

Here is the original ad from a few years ago.

http://vintagecarsandsuch.com/81Delorean.htm

DMCVegas
03-11-2016, 12:24 PM
From the eBay ad:

"Factory Authorised/Ferrari Red"

"There are only a handful of DeLoreans in existence that have been painted Ferrari Red and this is one of the very few."

"In addition to the factory custom paint this 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 is also equipped with factory custom seat covers, floor mats, car cover and bra."

"Probably the most expensive DeLorean ever sold….total price new was 31,374.95"

Wow. I've seen inaccuracies before, but these are just outright lies. A better ad to sell this car is "You'll feel like a real cowboy on a cattle ranch with the amount of bullshit surrounding this car!"

I mean, this is straight-up appalling. Now this is just a simple DeLorean, so obviously all of these lies are quickly dispelled because the production of this car is very well known through historical documentation and the lack of variances on a low production vehicle. But is this really what the rest of the classic car world is like? Is this just one shitty, shady-ass dealer who is the exception? Or have I taken the classic car hobby for granted by being insulated in the much more tight-knit DeLorean community, and the truth is that this kind of thing is just the norm with other marques?

aotmfilms
03-11-2016, 12:54 PM
From the eBay ad:

[I]"Factory Authorised/Ferrari Red"

"There are only a handful of DeLoreans in existence that have been painted Ferrari Red and this is one of the very few."

"You'll feel like a real cowboy on a cattle ranch with the amount of bullshit surrounding this car!"

?

"You'll feel like a real cowboy on a cattle ranch with the amount of bullshit surrounding this car!"
:hysterical: Yeah, probably the ONLY one painted Ferrari Red. Its not worth its "Buy it now" price. :jawdrop:

mr_maxime
03-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Are those the original tires?

Chris Burns
03-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Yes sir they are.

mr_maxime
03-12-2016, 02:09 AM
Lol have to love tire shine on 30+ year old tires