PDA

View Full Version : Original BTTF DeLorean heading to Petersen

iflights
03-17-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm assuming this is the recently restored car which I purchased a documentary Blu-Ray on, but still waiting for delivery.

http://www.slashfilm.com/back-to-the-future-delorean-exhibit/

Mark D
03-18-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm assuming this is the recently restored car which I purchased a documentary Blu-Ray on, but still waiting for delivery.

http://www.slashfilm.com/back-to-the-future-delorean-exhibit/

Yes, this is the screen used "Hero" A-car recently restored by Universal. It was previously on display at the Universal Studios theme park in Hollywood. The small museum where the car was being displayed has closed and the car has been in storage for a few months.

I was excited to hear that the car will be displayed at the Petersen resting on its own four wheels rather than the raised 'action pose' style display that it was mounted to previously.

More details are available on the Time Machine Restoration Team's facebook page.

EngineerGuY
03-21-2016, 09:07 AM
I think they made a wise decision. The car obviously needs to be displayed somewhere. All that time and money that was put into the restoration was needed, and was a great thing. But again, only if it can truly be enjoyed by the public. I am happy the car will be on display, and look forward to seeing it later this year!

Mark D
03-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Some of the other guys on the time machine restoration team were at the Petersen this weekend to make sure the car is in tip top shape before going back on display. There are a few photos posted to the facebook page if anyone is interested.

EngineerGuY
03-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Some of the other guys on the time machine restoration team were at the Petersen this weekend to make sure the car is in tip top shape before going back on display. There are a few photos posted to the facebook page if anyone is interested.

I follow the "Time Machine Restoration" and nothing has been posted since last Wednesday. Perhaps that is the wrong one you are talking about?

Mark D
03-21-2016, 01:31 PM
I follow the "Time Machine Restoration" and nothing has been posted since last Wednesday. Perhaps that is the wrong one you are talking about?

It must have just been on TMR leader Joe Walser's Page then... There was a photo of him in the A car doing some minor clean up inside.

papanoel
03-21-2016, 02:14 PM

individuals who worked on the car posted photos. they are indeed on instagram and facebook.

EngineerGuY
03-21-2016, 02:44 PM
individuals who worked on the car posted photos. they are indeed on instagram and facebook.

I figured it must be the individuals. All good, happy to see they are posting here and there. They did an amazing job.