PDA

View Full Version : A (DeLorean) journey's end

DMC3165
03-24-2016, 11:43 AM
This forum was always good for my venting when I needed. So here goes.

Its interesting how 18 years seemed to have gone by so quickly. I thought about this earlier today and I realized I've been involved with DeLoreans on and off for that amount of time. Pretty crazy. There was a 9 year gap in the middle but I first met Rob Grady back in 1998. A long time ago. But for now unfortunately my DeLorean ride has come to an end. Kinda bothers me...ALOT.... that things have so bad to the point I have to sell my prized possession especially given my history with the car. But it is what it is. I have a family and they come first. With any luck the proceeds from 3165 will be enough to move the family and I down to Florida where we can hopefully start over. It's been a rough few years and this car has seen me through all of it. One of the reasons it makes it so hard to let go. I hate that things always boil down to money but that's life. At least I'm happy with the sale price. I've contemplating selling this car before but always got cold feet. This time I have no choice. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks, maybe longer. Even if I could ever buy another DeLorean it would never be this one and it will never have the history like we have. But at the end of the day it's just a car. The new owner seems like he'll take real good care of it. He's way into the car and is looking into getting involved with the some of the clubs. I know it will serve him well.

Either way just wanted to bid a fond farewell to DeLorean ownership. It's been an "educational" experience :)

Your friend in time,

DMCVegas
03-24-2016, 11:59 AM
That's a bummer, man. But I also totally understand.

Maybe you do get another DeLorean later. And though it might not be the same as your original car, it will instead present you with an entirely new adventure.

Hope everything goes well for you and the family. Best of luck to you.

Dangermouse
03-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris.

But if (your own personal) history has taught us anything, never say never. Maybe you and 3165 will be reunited again.

Good luck in Florida, and come back and visit us now and then.

Morpheus
03-24-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had to sell your dream car, Chris. I know firsthand what that feels like, because I have been right where you are. I had to sell 4205 a few years ago for personal reasons, and it really bummed me out. Luckily, years later I was able to purchase 1098. When you get to FL, just know we have a great group of DMC owners and enthusiasts in the DeLorean Club of Florida ready to take you in. You don't have to give up your love for the car!

DMC3165
03-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys. Maybe it will come back a third time. Anything is possible.

But because I just couldn't let it go I wrote a little note explaining who I was and a brief history of my experience with the car and well wishes for safe travels in the future. I stuck it in an area unlikely to be distributed. So no matter where she goes part of me goes with her.

Until next time,