PDA

View Full Version : VIN 10663 gets drive the Amelia Gran Prix

Chris Burns
03-29-2016, 10:21 AM
A few weeks ago my buds Delorean was at the Amelia Gran Prix event. It was mostly Shelby Mustangs, Corvettes, and Porsches. The Fernandina Beach Airport was closed off temporarily so vintage race cars could drive fast.

As part of the show the car show cars got to take part by driving around the race track at 65mph. I rode shotgun while my bud drove around the track five times. Such fun and we even got thumbs up from the muscle car guys!!

They will be doing this event next year for sure!!

The Delorean sign was made by Car Show Depot.com.

Iznodmad
03-29-2016, 01:16 PM
He should fix the display sign. Cars were built in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland.

louielouie2000
03-30-2016, 12:30 PM
He should fix the display sign. Cars were built in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland.

...and the Charlotte Motor Speedway is in Concord, the Dallas Cowboys actually play in Arlington, etc. The cars wouldn't have been built in Dunmurry if it weren't a suburb of Belfast.

Iznodmad
03-30-2016, 03:06 PM
That's true Louie. But it shouldn't surprise you that I am a stickler for the details! It is a character "flaw" of mine. Haha!

DMCMW Dave
03-30-2016, 07:53 PM
...and the Charlotte Motor Speedway is in Concord, the Dallas Cowboys actually play in Arlington, etc. The cars wouldn't have been built in Dunmurry if it weren't a suburb of Belfast.

And the "public" has generally heard of Belfast.

Kind of like DMC Midwest is in Crystal Lake. Unless I'm talking to someone from overseas or even a few states away. Then its "Chicago Area".